Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla, TSLA & the Investment World: the Perpetual Investors' Roundtable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Both 11% :eek:

Too early here (maybe) but soon, very soon. Maybe both get slayed. :D
I guess the pic would help. :rolleyes:
bourbon_stout.jpg

I guess the pic would help. :rolleyes:
View attachment 581709
Glad to see you guys are getting Boulevard out there. They were always great, and Belgian ownership has pushed them into that style which has been nice.

Sadly, I'm drinking a Michelob Ultra because I need to drop this covid-19. I'm single, not not rich enough yet so that the ladies don't care.

So, yeah, I just saw a cretin from Morningtstar (perpetual Tesla bulls as I remember tightly), talking about $TSLA being in a bubble and not surprised to see it pull-back 20-30% ("or maybe 50% - but I don't expect that much" - har har), and when he looks at the "chart", it's over bought, and when he looks at the $NKLA chart, well "that looks a better buy right now".

What the actual f***?

And then I go check my watchlist, and see Nikofuckingla up 6% and Tesla down 1%, and I'm thinking - "it it due to that?", are people making decisions based on a clown, talking about charts, on CNBC?

God help them... And these idiots get to vote too, right?

Here's the link, in case you need a good laugh/a good cry/lose all hope in our species* Electric vehicle stocks surge is a momentum play and a bubble: Morningstar's Whiston

*delete as applicable

Glad to see you guys are getting Boulevard out there. They were always great, and Belgian ownership has pushed them into that style which has been nice.

Sadly, I'm drinking a Michelob Ultra because I need to drop this covid-19. I'm single, not not rich enough yet so that the ladies don't care.

I personally tend to find barrel-aged a bit heavy going, but I'm not you, enjoy!

Reactions: UCF3
Close to 78m on a 2200 Nov put this morning.

View attachment 581701

That appears to be a multi-leg trade:

upload_2020-8-28_11-32-1.png

According to options profit calculator, this looks like a substantial bet the price will drop:

http://opcalc.com/dbx

Entry cost: $1,094,400.00 (net debit)
Maximum risk: infinite on upside
Maximum return: $500,505,372.00 at a price of $0.00 at expiry
Breakevens at expiry: $2115.20

I'm out. It's been a great ride. Left a lot of money on the table the last few weeks by selling off most of my position too early. The govt. will be taking 1/3 of my gains too. It hurts to be selling.

The final blow for me was the recent trading in LCDX. The ticker looks like Lucid Motors but it isn't. My friend had a position in it knowing that they don't make cars but counting on enough people being confused to jack the price up higher (even after a 300% run). When people are buying because things are going up I get scared. When people don't even know the ticker symbol of what they're buying I get really scared. I never buy anything I wouldn't be happy to hold for ten years. Right now, at a price of 420B, I wouldn't be a buyer of TSLA.

I appreciate all the analysis provided on this board over the last year. Without it, the terrific gains I made would not have been possible. (People joke about buying islands, but I move into my Rocky Mountain paradise next Friday.) So thank you again for all the help understanding what I still believe is one of the best companies in the world. Given the right price, I'll be back.

I'm not following this logic. Do you think TSLA's runup is based on buyers not knowing what they're buying? Because your friend thinks this is happening with LCDX? That is extreme reasoning-by-analogy.

Given all the TSLA catalysts that are incoming in the next six months, I think the probability of the runup being pure momentum is extremely low. So I'm with Ron Baron: not selling a single share. And as I said, if the price crashes soon, I will be ecstatic and buy all I can.

I predict your "hurt" from selling will be much worse in six months (let alone 10 years), but good luck and enjoy your new home.

Last edited:
So, yeah, I just saw a cretin from Morningtstar (perpetual Tesla bulls as I remember tightly), talking about $TSLA being in a bubble and not surprised to see it pull-back 20-30% ("or maybe 50% - but I don't expect that much" - har har), and when he looks at the "chart", it's over bought, and when he looks at the $NKLA chart, well "that looks a better buy right now".

What the actual f***?

And then I go check my watchlist, and see Nikofuckingla up 6% and Tesla down 1%, and I'm thinking - "it it due to that?", are people making decisions based on a clown, talking about charts, on CNBC?

God help them... And these idiots get to vote too, right?

Here's the link, in case you need a good laugh/a good cry/lose all hope in our species* Electric vehicle stocks surge is a momentum play and a bubble: Morningstar's Whiston

*delete as applicable

And the CNBS newsreader saying that it could be like the pot stocks going down. Do they think at all? There is no entry barrier to pot and the market is being flooded with "non-taxed" bootleg pot.

Last edited:
I don't drink so here's a ****ing bear that was in my yard yesterday. It's the only bear I pay attention to. Happy split day and being 5 times richer! That's how it works right?!?

I look forward to your "helpful" clicks.

View attachment 581712
A co-worker asked me since he knows i drive a Tesla and im invested in $TSLA as well, 'Doesn't a stock split give you free shares?' my answer to him jokingly was 'Do you like Tulips?' and he answered 'yes'....and i said 'Yeah...it figures you'd ask me that question' :)

Nice guy though, and i took 10 minutes out of my day to explain it to him how it worked.

So no after hour today and no pre market on Monday for $tsla. Right?
I've known this was coming but the reality of it just hit me with your post. No AH today. No TL0 teaser late Sunday. No pre-market Monday morning.

A complete, cold turkey blackout one hour from now until Monday's opening.

Sigh! :(

Last edited:
Missed it. :( I had to do this thing called work... it's that thing you do until you own an island/mountain. /s
Is there a link?

I haven't seen a link yet. Of course Tasha was GREAT! I should have taken notes, but TBH I can only watch her for about 30 seconds before all I see are hearts and dollar signs.

Maybe I should be on WSB, but I can't understand all this "balanced portfolio" nonsense. I'm 100% $TSLA - calls, LEAPS, shares.

Why would I waste my investment on something else with paltry returns? If Tesla drops, rest of the market drops too.

YOLO!!!! (not an advice)

I agree that I also find it hard to find better investments. But I don’t think focused investing in Tesla needs to be YOLO-based necessarily.

On the contrary - we have so much analysis and insight and transparency into the Tesla business available to us. This makes it relatively easy to do an analysis and find that it is a quite low risk investment. This is a point that Dave Lee put forward in one of his early YouTube videos.

A diversified portfolio consisting of financial instruments that you have less knowledge of can be more risky. For example for market wide black swan events like the pandemic.

Personally, I am grateful for all the fine work people here and on YouTube that makes it easier to build deeper knowledge into Tesla’s business.

Thus, as a long I am not worried at all, except for not owning even more shares. :)

Maybe I should be on WSB, but I can't understand all this "balanced portfolio" nonsense. I'm 100% $TSLA - calls, LEAPS, shares.

Why would I waste my investment on something else with paltry returns? If Tesla drops, rest of the market drops too.

YOLO!!!! (not an advice)

Calls, leaps and shares. You are truly balanced.