Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla, TSLA & the Investment World: the Perpetual Investors' Roundtable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

Sorry to hear this. I encountered Jack via BoardWatch magazine in the '90s. I was running a Bulletin Board focused on OS/2. I scrapped together money to fly to Denver for a few days to attend one of Jack's creations which was ONE BBSCON in 1992. It was a wonderful event and I met a few of the pivotal characters that developed the working bits of a network of networks. I came home obsessed with getting a persistent connection to the internet which I eventually managed to do. I still have the coffee cup I got at BBSCON.

I will miss Jack. The world has a little less sparkle in it today.

RBC has been mailing me a monthly statement even though I closed the credit card account over twenty years ago because there's something like a $5 credit. So I don't have any problem with them messing up something large that might require actual thinking.
Boy, can I relate to that!

I had a "conflict" with one bank half a life ago. To retaliate, I withdrew all but $0.75 or so from my account and watched them every year mailing out a paper statement of the annual accrual. After 15 or 20 years it seemed too cruel to continue so I let the account slip into oblivion.

In hindsight, they got away too easy because that bank kept on doing bad things. On a major scale.

But bitter? NO!! :mad::mad::mad::mad::mad:

https://www.amazon.com/Technical-An...ords=technical+analysis&qid=1585342525&sr=8-3

AlphaTrends: CHASE THE GAP, OR WAIT FOR VWAP?

AlphaTrends: Institutional Trading Benchmark

Why do I follow? Because it is the benchmark institutional traders use, as explained at the immediate above link. It is hard data, not some imaginary thing like "percent selling tagged to shorts".

Volume-weighted average price - Wikipedia

It is also a good way to place large orders: VWAP Algo (Best-Efforts) | Interactive Brokers LLC

VWAP Guaranteed

So why point it out? You decide. I want to know what the big boys are doing.

Brian Shannon/Alphatrends also uses anchored VWAP now, I have not played around with it.
Great! So take it to the technical analysis thread, where people actually care about such voodoo.

Jack certainly helped me to accumulate TSLA over the last few years his expertise will be missed ... true battery guy

This below was one of the most enlightening posts I read last year before I went kinda full metal jacket retard investing in TSLA. An oil company buying patents on battery and shelving it along with the short thesis just screamed how much obfuscation there was.

The Tesla Conspiracy... or Am I a Dead Whistleblower? - EVTV Motor Verks

Shine on like a bright star Jack. You will be missed.

Was I being offensive to you in some way that I was questioned?
Was I possibly breaking some forum rule?
Because others have mentioned VWAP every day for a long time: Search Results for Query: Action Report | Tesla Motors Club

View attachment 583311

You did not break any rule but I was confused (and maybe others too) why you were posting about VWAP a lot, also without providing background. You have now provided more background, but it still isn’t clear to me what value these messages have to the other board members. Should they buy when VWAP is high? Or refrain from buying? Does it indicate an upcoming move in the SP?

I know @Artful Dodger includes the VWAP score in his daily reports, but it’s not the focus of those reports.

I think that was a sincere request for you to take the opportunity to teach, not get snippy

Except they indicated they were asking as an investor (explain something to me) AND as a moderator ( you bad boy/girl). So if I was asked by a moderator acting as a moderator it seemed appropriate to ask what piqued their interest.

OT - Is it me or does ZM make NKLA look rational? 129B (1/3 TSLA) for web conferencing? Can’t FB or Google or MSFT crank that out for a few hundred million? Logmein is $5B. My inner Gordon is coming out.

Kinda OT but you could make the same argument about Tesla and EVs. VW or BMW can crank out a few million EVs per year given their past experience. We all know how that turned out. Lot of times a new product that was started from ground up with a consumer first approach wins. Zoom falls in that category and it can be seen with their growth and likability. The potential growth opportunities are beyond just video conferencing. I don’t think I have seen numbers like what they reported yesterday. They have a strong customer base and they are only growing.

Zoom is now a verb that is associated to videoconferencing just like google is to search or Tesla is to BEVs.

You did not break any rule but I was confused (and maybe others too) why you were posting about VWAP a lot, also without providing background. You have now provided more background, but it still isn’t clear to me what value these messages have to the other board members. Should they buy when VWAP is high? Or refrain from buying? Does it indicate an upcoming move in the SP?

I know @Artful Dodger includes the VWAP score in his daily reports, but it’s not the focus of those reports.
VWAP is a tool that as described.

I offer no advice to people as I do not want to feel the moral burden of success or failure, okay maybe some for those that make easy money and have not lost their arse in the markets yet.
What value? Others should decide value for themselves. For me it indicated the health of the stock today, despite the pull back. Big picture stuff. What the big boys look at.

Damn it. He sounded so positive on his last video. But he also said that he accepted it and was ready to go if that was the way it was going to be.

I am glad for him that he got his Model Y and that he got to see the TSLA liftoff before he had to leave us.

RIP Jack and thank you for everything!

Another missed opportunity for the s&p committee to add tesla today. Nice day where macros were higher and Tesla was lower that would give them a decent starting point advantage. And Tesla gave them the cover.

Sep 18th is scheduled rebalancing, and next week is the labor day week with lighter than usual volumes. Each passing day leaves them with less liquidity to work with.