Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla, TSLA & the Investment World: the Perpetual Investors' Roundtable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I wonder if this move is being amplified by weak longs who couldn’t trade for a few days because their banks/brokers had trouble handling the split. They saw the big run up on Monday and couldn’t secure their gains if they wanted to. Now they see those gains slip away and are pulling the trigger.
Pretty sure a lot of them are running for the hills :)

I wonder if this move is being amplified by weak longs who couldn’t trade for a few days because their banks/brokers had trouble handling the split. They saw the big run up on Monday and couldn’t secure their gains if they wanted to. Now they see those gains slip away and are pulling the trigger.
I need to stop watching the ticker before I do the same!

I doubt this is retail investors. Let’s see if they decide to take this all the way to Mid BB( 377 );)

Had to buy another 25 at $421. Too much of a sale.

4dgxu1.jpg

The only issue with this is that there's no reason for them to hold back on trying to walk it down further now.
In theory, they've lost access to their biggest tool now, short selling due to the 'Uptick Rule' being in effect for the remainder of today and for tomorrow.

However, what we've learned in the past 3 weeks is that the LARGEST weapon that shortzes/hedgies have is to dump large number of options contracts, which in turn invokes automated selling by market maker's.

This can be done instantly, and even if no shares are available to borrow, due to Options Market Maker's exemption to the prohibition against short selling (SEC Regulation SHO).

In effect, hedgies can leverage naked short shares and dump the SP even with the uptick rule in effect. We've seen this during 3 other episodes with a similar setup earlier this year.