Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla, TSLA & the Investment World: the Perpetual Investors' Roundtable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I don’t love it. It makes me want Tesla to crush them. It’s infantile. And it’s the wrong thing to advertise to the larger population to increase the transition.

I belive a Lucid crushing Tesla is coming. :p As for advertising with drag races - we need to get petrolheads like my newphew to lust for EVs too. Personally I think drag races are boring. But atleast EVs don't make that much noise.

Words of wisdom from Ross Gerber...

Tesla fans. Don’t be alarmed. It’s called profit taking. All of us responsible institutions do it. Even tesla sold tesla stock at $500. This is all normal. Now it has to find a price level it’s happy at before it can move higher again.

https://twitter.com/GerberKawasaki/status/1301178671437238273

Ross once again showing he doesn't understand that much. Did he even read the offering details?

Macros rising steeply through the second half of the day and we're sitting still at Maxpain. Hmm.

AAPL has been similarly steady for three hours, despite the rise in the macros. Both AAPL and TSLA split over the weekend and have similar charts today, albeit TSLA more extreme. I suspect that shareholders who were frozen by their brokers' late accounting of the splits, finally put in sell orders or sell stop limits today. In the morning a few short selling shoves by manipulators could have triggered cascades of sells through stop limits to the day's lows. Since then it seems to be a matter of the manipulators capping the prices where they are now.

I checked they have a 1 chimp only policy.
latest

So, I've $12600 to blow on $TSLA, I can get 26 now in pre-market for $480 each, or wait until MMD and hope to get 27 at $464... (I know, should be $465, but there's a 1% fee/tax on the purchase...)

Didn't you just post that you are going to sell 300 shares in the coming months to buy a house and 300 more shares next years to make it worthy?

If so, why would you be buying 27 shares now unless you want to gamble it's going to rise in the next few months? Because it sounds like you will be forced to sell the shares shortly regardless of the price?

I don't mind volatility, but only because I never invest money I will need in the next 2-3 years. That is why I don't worry about the kind of price fluctuations we have seen the last couple of days. They don't bother me a bit.

Last edited:
Didn't you just post that you are going to sell 300 shares in the coming months to buy a house and 300 more shares next years to make it worthy?

If so, why would you be buying 27 shares now unless you want to gamble it's going to rise in the next few months? Because it sounds like you will be forced to sell the shares shortly regardless of the price?
Maybe he's hoping to find a 'bigger' house in the next few months :)

Maybe just get a mortgage and keep the shares?

This is the kind of thinking that I would like to see more of from analysts:

How many more giga factories can Tesla build by raising more capital from rising stock prices?

pretty sure similar calculations have been made and used for plans in Tesla Inc. HQ. After all, Elon has repeatedly said that the factory is the product...

“At, say, $700 a share, Tesla could raise near $70 billion by issuing 10% of the stock outstanding, which would get it 24 new plants with 6 million cars of new capacity. That’s how Murphy’s math goes”
A Tesla Analyst Goes All In on the Stock Price—for an Odd Reason

This is the kind of thinking that I would like to see more of from analysts:

How many more giga factories can Tesla build by raising more capital from rising stock prices?

pretty sure similar calculations have been made and used for plans in Tesla Inc. HQ. After all, Elon has repeatedly said that the factory is the product...

“At, say, $700 a share, Tesla could raise near $70 billion by issuing 10% of the stock outstanding, which would get it 24 new plants with 6 million cars of new capacity. That’s how Murphy’s math goes”
A Tesla Analyst Goes All In on the Stock Price—for an Odd Reason

I thought BOA was previously kind of Bearish. So is the new price of $550 pre or post split?

(+ highest target on the street, so it is post split, i.e 2750 pre, amazin)

Last edited:
I've noticed whenever there is a headline about an EV manufacturer it invariably begins "Tesla rival xxx.....". They can't help themselves. They have to bring Tesla into the story. It's particularly noticeable when reporting on the Chinese EV manufacturers. On the other hand when GM announces its results or any other news, the headline is never "Ford rival GM...."

In some ways it's irritating but looking at it the other way, maybe we should welcome it. Tesla has become the benchmark for electric vehicles, the gold standard. It's impossible to report any news about electric vehicles without a comparison to the leader of the pack.
Hey guys, this reminds me... isn't anyone gonna post some recent flyovers of the Nikola factory construction progress soon?