Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla, TSLA & the Investment World: the Perpetual Investors' Roundtable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Is building giant factories everywhere, one on the dime of short sellers, a sign of “slowing growth”?

Tesla is on track to report its first annual profit, but its growth may be slowing.

View attachment 600783

I wonder if they took into account that GF3 had a 10-day shutdown in September for "annual inspection".

Doesn't take much effort, does it...

With China Supplying M3 to EU, and a 1 week shutdown in Fremont last quarter ... is it possible that some of the M3 lines got converted to full MY lines in Fremont? Also is MY getting any international deliveries?
(didn't find any discussions here or online on this topic ... and have been extremely busy )

Doing well selling CC pennies though :)

Don't now, looks like it's just SR+ they're shipping from China, in Norway, f.i. you don't see a lot of SR's sold, it's mostly LR and P.

And no MY deliveries outside US, Canada and China.

Last edited by a moderator:
Ummm, it’s got two-tone upholstery.

In my experience, the legacy automakers only put two-tone interiors into cars they don’t want to sell.

Even if the consumers you mention were able to get past the Hummer brand’s history as the anti-environmentalists’ poster child, GM likely has no desire to print many of these things. Because Hummer (and the two-tone interior ;)).

GM’s executives are just positioning GM for the next bailout.

Though I could be wrong: Maybe GM will add a smoke generator so the Hummer EV (sounds so oxymoronic) can go Rolling coal - Wikipedia then you’d know the executives think it’ll sell like hotcakes. :confused: /s
Yes, in all seriousness I feel like GM's EV moves these past couple of years reek of bailout positioning. During the next stock market crash they'll go to congress and say, "Geez, Government, we really honestly tried EVs, no one wants them. Look, we even tried hydrogen with Nikola, no one wants them. Please please please we need another bailout to protect hard-working Americans and their families. Think of the children!" And so again, the workers will get hosed, the taxpayers fleeced, and the executives massive bonuses. It's going to happen, I'd bet a thousand of my core shares. I mean, how many times have U.S. taxpayers bailed out GM? At least twice that I can remember off the top of my head, maybe more.

And Tesla, a true American superstar of a company, will continue to get *sugared* on by MSM and not a penny of taxpayer bailout money (not that they'd need it anyway).

Had to sleep on this but I thought all would appreciate the inside scoop on GM’s recent announcement.

When the estimable Emergency Support Team in Estonia established that they’d be operating on Eastern Standard Time,

THEN

GM decided that 3 motors was the appropriate number.

Connecting the dots on gross margins for Tesla. 30% to > 50 %?
I think he is right. As per my calculation:

Tesla's automotive gross margin ex. reg. credits was down last quarter due to idle capacity charges and increase in resale value guarantees for S/X. Without those one time hits, the automotive GM ex. reg. credits is 22% in first half of 2020. This shows that Model Y and MIC Model 3 are extremely high gross margin vehicles. I am estimating them to be 36% in Q2 2020 for both of them combined. This quarter the prices were dropped on Model Y but it would along with MIC Model 3 form a bigger portion of profits and therefore gross margin of entire program would improve. I wont be surprised if automotive gross margins ex. reg. credits is actually 25% on the strength of the Model Y and MIC Model 3 programs.

OT

That IRA is too big already. 401K's got rolled into it along with what was already there. Once I have to start taking the rmds my tax rate is going to shoot sky high. And who knows what the rates will be by then. Probably best to get it down.

Is there a separate thread about this kind of thing? I don't want to be posting OT.

Use a Roth IRA, and convert some annually from Traditional.

Incompetence or deliberately misleading?

View attachment 600773
This is how it works. You pay to advertise and the outlet will spin facts any way you like.

I personally don't think Fred gets enough criticism around here. He's clearly going down quite a shady path and will do nearly anything for promotion. Content on his site now needs to be vetted before assuming it's fact. Sad.

Last edited:
Here's today's Tech chart from 09:30 EDT:

sc.TSLA.50-DayChart.2020-10-21.09-30.png

Cheers!

I wonder if they took into account that GF3 had a 10-day shutdown in September for "annual inspection".

Doesn't take much effort, does it...

Don't now, looks like it's just SR+ they're shipping from China, in Norway, f.i. you don't see a lot of SR's sold, it's mostly LR and P.

And no MY deliveries outside US, Canada and China.

So are we gonna see more EU bound ships from Pier 80 then?, seems to be behind prior quarter pace.

None of that. A few months ago he talked about getting ready to release FSD. Currently it falls into that time line as promised. And their goal is to recognize all of the fsd software revenue by year end..

Is there a source on officially saying they expect to recognize ALL FSD revenue by end of this year? I don't see how that's possible given the rollout timetable Elon's given recently- at the very least pre-3/19 revenue couldn't be completely recognized by then (though possibly post 3/19 revenue could if it goes perfectly)