Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla, TSLA & the Investment World: the Perpetual Investors' Roundtable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

Take that Gordon!

Screenshot_20201021_195642_com.android.chrome.jpg

I am predicting the next announced GF will not be China. In fact it will be a place that would not be the first choice except there will be some form of government support that pushes it to the top place. That could be the UK. India. Australia. Or America if there is a change in government that would allow for a new federal credit for Tesla.
Maybe, but it better happen before Christmas if they want to be next. Tesla's is conducting a continuous build program in China because demand is barely being serviced, non-recourse local debt is cheap and plentiful (as are labor and parts suppliers), and most importantly, their National Government sees their goals as being inline with Tesla's mission.

I look for a 1M/yr Model 2 Factory to go up in the former watermelon patch on the East side of Giga Shanghai (where the new road is now being built). Every time Tesla moves down market, they double their TAM (at least).

Cheers!

Sorry what is one time? Tesla have been receiving so much "one time" EV credits every quarter that Zack literally called it a "business" today. Gordon doesn't seem to understand what "peak" and "one" is. Perhaps he should go back to preschool and learn a few more words.

Sorry what is one time? Tesla have been receiving so much "one time" EV credits every quarter that Zack literally called it a "business" today. Gordon doesn't seem to understand what "peak" and "one" is. Perhaps he should go back to preschool and learn a few more words.

Looking at the popularity of non Tesla EVs in general, I have a feeling the regulatory credits will only increase from here in 2021, and 2022. Ultimately they should fund a giga or 2 when all is said and done. That's excluding any reg credit regime the democrats might put in place if they manage to flip the Senate.

it’s been that way for years now

people will be asking, for years to come, what about this product, and this product, and this product??
from tesla and any other potentially decent manufacturer to come, the answer will be, we need batteries, otherwise they’d be to market.

this likely won’t change for 10+ years
Elon at Battery Day: "Hold my beer".

I am predicting the next announced GF will not be China. In fact it will be a place that would not be the first choice except there will be some form of government support that pushes it to the top place. That could be the UK. India. Australia. Or America if there is a change in government that would allow for a new federal credit for Tesla.

The Philippines perhaps? A solar and battery plant could work well here.
Nickel mines, skilled and inexpensive labor. English is widely spoken. One small Philippine island has a working Tesla micro-grid supplying the island's power needs for a while now. A factory here could be a great test-bed for developing the factories needed to transition poorer countries off coal and gas.

If a decent video of FSD gets posted tonight and it looks reasonably capable, we could shoot out of the gates in the morning.

Even if it looks like it needs work (which is what I expect), it still is extremely promising that Tesla is on the right path, is far ahead of the competition, and will improve fast.

This is such a game changer IMO with such potential for sky-high stock price that anyone not putting all their savings in TSLA seems crazy. (Yes, I’m looking at you).

(Hmm. Am I a risk taker? I’m married. So yes.)