Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla, TSLA & the Investment World: the Perpetual Investors' Roundtable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
On lending shares, I was interested in what share of interest E*Trade would pay their clients if they lend out their TSLA shares. So I called them. The answer I got was: TSLA shares are too easy to borrow, there is no shortage, therefore, they don’t offer it.

Translation:

The bulk of TSLA shorting is being done by MM's who don't need to borrow the stock in order to short it.

On lending shares, I was interested in what share of interest E*Trade would pay their clients if they lend out their TSLA shares. So I called them. The answer I got was: TSLA shares are too easy to borrow, there is no shortage, therefore, they don’t offer it.

ALLY = 30% of interest earned, but won’t estimate any $ amount.

• Informative
Reactions: JusRelax
We are up 0.8% on the day.

Curt, it looks like BigTime needs you to put that 0.8% into your compound interest calculator and let us know how much TSLA would be worth in a year if every day is this good!

A daily compounded gain of 0.75% over 252 trading days would place Tesla shares at $2799 a year from today. :cool:

Big beat but SP barely moved up.
My hypothesis is that a lot of bullish people are buying options instead of shares so there is not much pressure for stock to go up.
If more people buy the stock instead of buying options maybe we'll see more upward pressure.
A lot of option trades also incentivizes MMs to suppress SP down.

Waiting for election to be over before putting $$$ on sidelines to work

OT: reserved a couple more cybertrucks to lock the 8k fsd before it increases on monday. hoping robotaxi will be ready by 2023 and can establish a mini robotaxi business. RN is now RN11406xxxx (more than 1.3 million reservations?)

Big beat but SP barely moved up.
My hypothesis is that a lot of bullish people are buying options instead of shares so there is not much pressure for stock to go up.
If more people buy the stock instead of buying options maybe we'll see more upward pressure.
A lot of option trades also incentivizes MMs to suppress SP down.

Waiting for election to be over before putting $$$ on sidelines to work

OT: reserved a couple more cybertrucks to lock the 8k fsd before it increases on monday. hoping robotaxi will be ready by 2023 and can establish a mini robotaxi business. RN is now RN11406xxxx (more than 1.3 million reservations?)

This is why wsb is cancer. As they are now big enough to affect the market

Reactions: Nocturnal
Monster Mondays were an August/September thing. The last four times hope was up on this board, but the rallies fizzled.

Today it’s fizzling too. The trajectory is just depressing, especially compared to how the rest of the market is moving. Was it GM, F and FCAU (up 3% on average) that just announced they might double their sales next year?!?

While GM, F and FCAU will not double their sales next year, but they have a pretty good chance to double their losses of this year ;)

Ah, and those regulatory credits that keep getting the blame. I hate them!
Seriously, trading ZEV credits should be banned. Instead, all OEMs should be forced to deliver the required percentage of clean vehicles. If they miss a quarter, hey should be banned to sell any polluting vehicle until they catch up with their quota. That would be a much more effective incentive to force them off their back side and just pay off the requirements like a tax instead of producing EVs.

While GM, F and FCAU will not double their sales next year, but they have a pretty good chance to double their losses of this year ;)

Seriously, trading ZEV credits should be banned. Instead, all OEMs should be forced to deliver the required percentage of clean vehicles. If they miss a quarter, hey should be banned to sell any polluting vehicle until they catch up with their quote. That would be a much more effective incentive to force them off their back side and just pay off the requirements like a tax instead of producing EVs.

Zev credits are amazing! What if legacy auto makers are unable to produce clean vehicles due to supply chain issues? I like how in this program, you give money to the company that's the most competent, vs having them die by their sword.

Seriously, trading ZEV credits should be banned. Instead, all OEMs should be forced to deliver the required percentage of clean vehicles. If they miss a quarter, hey should be banned to sell any polluting vehicle until they catch up with their quota. That would be a much more effective incentive to force them off their back side and just pay off the requirements like a tax instead of producing EVs.
I don't know.... The ZEV credits feels like the non compliant companies have to pay a fine.... But instead of the government collecting it, those who are beyond compliant get to collect it. As a $TSLA owner, I like that better than a straight fine....