Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla, TSLA & the Investment World: the Perpetual Investors' Roundtable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hi all!
I have been reading this threads since around 2015 but have not posted before.

I just learned that Elons private jet was about to land at Skavsta Airport in Sweden today (eleven minuters ago).

Have any of you any idea what he is doing in Sweden (my home country)?

Cooking lessons.

The_Swedish_Chef.jpg

Hmmm.... interesting.... I haven't completely read through, but is this in preparation for adding a specific company??

S&P Managed Risk 2.0 Index Series Consultation on Mark-to-Market Weighting Method − Updated

Can someone with more financial experience translate this for us?
"In order to help prevent rapid asset allocation reversal events, S&P DJI is considering modifying the mark-to-market weight calculation used by the index series so that it uses theoretical asset weights, rather than current asset weights, in determining the final trade decision."

To me, that smells of some underhanded way of trying to adjust the weights so that when Tesla is added to the S&P 499, they can arbitrarily assign a value to TSLA, instead of going with actual market value. Is that correct? Or just me being paranoid?

Hmmm.... interesting.... I haven't completely read through, but is this in preparation for adding a specific company??

S&P Managed Risk 2.0 Index Series Consultation on Mark-to-Market Weighting Method − Updated
Smart idea. Tesla volatility would be reduced with move to S&P, so implied future volatility would be a good model and reduce downside risk if Tesla is overvalued. They don’t know as well as us, but macro events impact growth stocks more then value stocks. Tesla is the ultimate growth stock. Increased interest rates, sudden inflation and other surprises could impact TSLA and its smart of them to reduce that risk.
Me, I have years to wait for Tesla to appreciate, and expect a 2T company in 5-7 years.

Can someone with more financial experience translate this for us?
"In order to help prevent rapid asset allocation reversal events, S&P DJI is considering modifying the mark-to-market weight calculation used by the index series so that it uses theoretical asset weights, rather than current asset weights, in determining the final trade decision."

To me, that smells of some underhanded way of trying to adjust the weights so that when Tesla is added to the S&P 499, they can arbitrarily assign a value to TSLA, instead of going with actual market value. Is that correct? Or just me being paranoid?

It is for a different "S&P xxx" index, for example: S&P 500 Managed Risk 2.0 Index (SPXMR2)

S&P 500 Managed Risk 2.0 Index - S&P Dow Jones Indices

The S&P 500 Managed Risk 2.0 Index is designed to simulate a downside-protected portfolio that utilizes a framework that includes a targeted volatility and a synthetic option overlay to hedge the portfolio’s downside risk. The framework allocates the index weights between the equity and reserve asset and then the volatility of the combined allocation is hedged using a synthetic put option. This framework provides for lower drawdowns and a stable volatility profile for the index while allowing for a higher participation in the upside of the components.

All the trading volume moved to NIO and XPEV.

I'm sitting here wondering why I missed the boat on those, then I remember the reason why is I'm holding a lot of TSLA which hasn't exactly done badly for me this year. I'm happy there are people who missed the boat on TSLA who caught the ride on NIO and XPEV though. Everyone deserves a shot at beating Wall Street.