Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla, TSLA & the Investment World: the Perpetual Investors' Roundtable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Bah, humbug! 27 days of trading until Christmas. But you get the idea... :p

View attachment 609347

Cheers! (and have a Merry Christmas) :D

Let’s hope any “crap” reports that show up in the meantime are far and few in-between until that date :) Then again...the shorts can do all they want until then, this ain’t FCOJ ;)

(One of my top three movies btw :D)

<snip>
If we go by another trend of great companies we are seeing. You see the upgrade path from iPhone, to Tesla. The next trend is maybe an iHouse. Something we need daily, that can be changed with technology and design and is bigger than a car. I have less conviction on this than the previous paragraph.
<snip>
I've got it. Saw it on Star Trek: Discovery last week: Holographic nacelles.

Come the 32nd century, that will be the place to invest your gold-pressed latinum. Believe me.

As a collective we haven't figured out jack SH!T when it comes to S&P 500 inclusion.
I do like PappaFox's thoughts about "the Funds" selling down to recalibrate their holding of TSLA. It gives me some hope that it wasn't ALL just the MM's having the power to close the stock on Friday at the exact maxpain price. However if the SP is also maxpain on Friday I will be a little despondent.

Twitter user @s17_scott and TMC user Thekiwi pointed out to me that Berkshire Hathaway omitted one company from its 13F filing, and instead disclosed this newly acquired stake separately to the SEC in a confidential filing, because it was worried that disclosing the position to the public would move the market too much.​

So if it was true that Berkshire bought a bunch of TSLA, what is the fear or moving the market too much, and for what stocks?

Maybe they dumped BYD and bought TSLA? or TSLA goes up because BRK bought a bunch weeks or months ago? Wouldn't that be a good thing for them? Or people start shorting BRK because they own TSLA? Bad for BRK because Tesla Insurance competes with Geico? Bad for BRK because Semi hurts BNSF? So many possibilities!

Morgan Stanley upgrades TSLA to Overweight from Neutral. Price target goes up to $540 from $360.

Kind of saw this coming after Jonas's recent interview on CNBC.

upload_2020-11-17_23-0-40.png

Tesla, Lucid, Rivian, and others join forces to create ZETA: a push for electric cars only by 2030 - Electrek

Tesla joins an EV lobbying group. Strength in numbers ?

The 28 founding members of ZETA are:

• ABB
  • Albemarle Corporation
  • Arrival
  • ChargePoint
  • ConEdison
  • Copper Development Association, Inc.
  • Duke Energy
  • Edison International
  • Enel X
  • EVBox
  • EVgo
  • Ioneer
  • Li-Cycle
  • Lordstown Motors
  • Lucid Motors
  • Piedmont Lithium
  • PG&E Corporation
  • Proterra
  • Redwood Materials
  • Rivian
  • Siemens
  • Southern Company
  • SRP
  • Tesla
  • Vistra
  • Volta
  • Uber
  • WAVE
It is really amazing to see Edison(s) finally cooperate with Tesla.