Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla, TSLA & the Investment World: the Perpetual Investors' Roundtable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Typically when people say "writing" options, they mean "selling" that call option contract. Although, you can "write" or "sell" a put option contract also, but I think that's not the context you were referring to.

Cheers!

More precisely, writing should be equal to "sell to open". Whereas normal selling should be equal to "sell to close". I think these were more outdated term but personally, it helps clears up confusion.

The Cybertruck syllogism:

Cybertruck looks and acts military (bulletproof "armored personnel carrier from the future").
Military is badass.
Truck buyers like badass ("Built Ford Tough"..."Guts. Glory. Ram.").
Therefore, truck buyers will like Cybertruck.

Built-in-Texas is the brilliant coup de grâce to F-150 and Ram.

Impromptu slogan contest for Cybertruck.

How about:

Ugly Piece of Unyielding Metal

Not hard. The car knows time of day, day of week, or if it’s a national holiday. It even knows what year it is. I know, shocker.

The car can read signs.

Problem solved.

I was referring to impossible traffic where it is literally 20-30min faster to go a few exits further and backtrack instead of attempting a left/right turn or in downtown Manhattan where they have traffic cops directing traffic regardless of signage and traffic lights. I’m not saying it’s impossible, just that there are edge cases that will be very challenging until all cars are autonomous.

Business Insider needs 3 orders of magnitude more proofreading ability: "His 2030 "sum of the parts" valuation gives $254 per share to Tesla's core automotive sales category, which CEO Elon Musk has said will reach 500 million units this year."

Well, 500 million cars will be hard to sell when the global market is less than 1/5th of that.
Paging @Krugerrand Tesla definitely has a demand problem if they want to sell that many cars a year... ;)

From Elon directly from his Tweet,Tesla is not just cars :D

Elon Musk
Tesla is a vehicle for creating & producing many useful products
12:47 PM · Nov 21, 2020·Twitter for iPhone

View attachment 610570
I love how Elon said MANY useful products.

Since all forms of transportation (with exception of rockets) will go electric, then Tesla is likely to get into all major forms of transportation that have a sizable market.

And then there's energy storage and generation.

And then there's non-transportation products... like home HVAC, etc.

And then there's the tequila and short shorts. ;)

So, Toyota’s current CEO, grate grandson of founder, said the Tesla CEO, Elon was a chef without a kitchen, or something to that affect ~ was that a sushi, steak & potatoes, pancakes, or a soup kitchen.

These traditional fossil fuel automakers seem to be confused as to how one makes a good “folly polys.”;)

OK but do you file a 1099 as an independent contractor for your kids and do they file? Do you withhold taxes? Before retiring, I owned my own business and chose not to be bothered with employees so in my business hiring temp professionals was common and I just had to file the 1099's on a half dozen people each year. If she in on the books as an employee you are required to do withholding and pay your part of her SS 6.2% as well.
We also looked into my wife as an employee of the business but with filing joint and a sub S corp, it was better for us to have her as a partner according to my attorney.
I had a AICPA course instructor tell the class that she put her new granddaughters picture on her firms Christmas card and paid the newborn a fee (that was then used to fund a Roth account). Under audited, no change.

hmm? stop it.
Well, in SI symbology, a Tesla Billionaire should be written as either -

GTaire

or

TGaire

I like the latter, as it brings to the mind's eye a vision of short-sellers trying to catch a TGaire by the tail.
Except you don't try to catch a tiger by the tail. You "have" a tiger by the tail. Only a fool would...wait. let me get back to you on this.

• Funny
Reactions: oldTAVguy
Long range has more range and tires last longer. It is also still plenty quick, quicker than the last v8 I owned.

Smaller (default, can be changed) wheels/bigger tyres absorb bumps better. With my M3LRAWD - that was the deciding factor after travelling on some awful roads regularly that might have killed performance wheels. Also, I suspect Performance brakes suffer from underuse compared to ones on LRAWD (Bjorn Nyland video - had them replaced by ex-Tesla people who set up a mod shop).

I was referring to impossible traffic where it is literally 20-30min faster to go a few exits further and backtrack instead of attempting a left/right turn or in downtown Manhattan where they have traffic cops directing traffic regardless of signage and traffic lights. I’m not saying it’s impossible, just that there are edge cases that will be very challenging until all cars are autonomous.

That won’t be a requirement when vehicles become self-driving. It’s that they aren’t self-driving is why we have traffic jams and traffic cops.

You’re not thinking broadly enough, but rather that only one thing changes (that cars are self-driving) when the entire world changes with them.