Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla, TSLA & the Investment World: the Perpetual Investors' Roundtable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Looks like things are going according to somebody's plan...
These things must be done.gif

I don't think it is an education problem (my 0.02). I think there is some behind-the-scenes money being moved around to "incentivize" people to write tripe like this.

no, he's not being bribed to trash Tesla. it's just typical liberal handwringing. [disclosure - i'm a liberal/progressive, although perpetually frustrated by liberals' tendencies to paralyze themselves into inaction due to imagined dangers]

they are under-estimating the rate of FSD progress. It seems to me that Tasha's focus on launching initially with human drivers is merely to be able to hit the ground running when FSD is ready.
Yeah, except ARK has been pushing this idea for about 18 mths. Well before the 4-D 'rewrite' was publicly known. I think ARK is working on stale data. Events have overtaken their thesis.

Tesloop was shut down long ago as a ride hailing service. (It turned in to a car rental company.)
... now she wants to recreate Tesloop, but bigger? Not really helping their thesis here. ;)

Cheers!

Why would anyone be selling right now? Yesterday I can understand, with some uncertainty around the S&P announcement. But today? Are the current sellers afraid that it will take too long for the index funds buying to start - 2 weeks - and the SP will not hold up? Or are we at the mercy of shenigans again?

The overall market is very concerning to me right now.

Asset prices have been inflated by too much money chasing too few investments. The market is ripe for a big correction that might extend beyond a week or two. I imagine traders are worried that Tesla might not hold up until inclusion. I don't think it's a fear that is unfounded. But, as always, trying to predict these things is a crapshoot. The market is like a bunch of idiots running loose.

Which is why I suggest people focus on the company's performance and ignore the noise that is the market.

I quoted both of you about different things FWIW- post looks correct now far as I can see.

Back to that topic, I'm sure the Board or whatever VW has as the equivalent can find "cause" to fire him. Non-competes for employees are often disputable, but for C-level execs, there is usually so much money attached via strings that the C-levels don't bother to try for a job "in the same or a related field" until they are legally in the clear.

German law might be different, but I've had to fire more than one C-level exec and, sadly, went down that rabbit hole with US law.

QS is getting crushed on what looks like standard fud. If anyone was annoyed to miss the last run-up.

What a joke this MMD has become. These clowns are playing it in both directions and the SEC couldn't care less. I mean, is there really anyone scared this morning and selling? No. So why should these guys get to take advantage of such large SP swings?
I opened a small position. Thank you for having the balls to post off topic. ;)

no, he's not being bribed to trash Tesla. it's just typical liberal handwringing. [disclosure - i'm a liberal/progressive, although perpetually frustrated by liberals' tendencies to paralyze themselves into inaction due to imagined dangers]

As with many things, we'll have to agree to disagree. To me, that article just didn't pass the sniff test, regardless if the guy is a "Harvard fellow" (which means less and less these days).

The amazing thing is that was only six years ago. It just reiterates that we shouldn’t be surprised that many/most financial institutions and analysts are clueless when in comes to Tesla.

This also leads me to imagine that decades from now, when some doctoral candidate or Tri-D programmer wants to write the history of Tesla, the TMC archives, if they survive in some form, would be an invaluable resource. Sort of like letters from the troops during a war.
But did soldiers write so much dross about cats and Sparta? That poor historian...

We know that there are behind the scenes financial incentives (in general). But what evidence do you have that is the case here?

If you read my post, I said it didn't pass the sniff test. That's not evidence, just an observation that if you go through all his points and data, he comes to the wrong conclusion (someone here already pointed this out as well).

When it comes to articles like this, rarely does one have "rock solid" evidence to counter their opinion piece.

• Helpful
Reactions: jbcarioca
Why would anyone be selling right now? Yesterday I can understand, with some uncertainty around the S&P announcement. But today? Are the current sellers afraid that it will take too long for the index funds buying to start - 2 weeks - and the SP will not hold up? Or are we at the mercy of shenigans again?

Isn't it very normal to see a delayed reaction? I think MMs are controlling the narrative at this point, probably trying to sell more puts before this gets out of their hands. I also think benchmark funds and/or institutions take some time to execute their strategy. I expect us to start going back up tomorrow after MMs have hedged their positions. This action is very similar to what we saw two weeks ago when the S&P announcement came out.