Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla, TSLA & the Investment World: the Perpetual Investors' Roundtable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Scary how quickly a Roadster II has become a purchase option to many here who might be tempted! Lucky for me I don't have another bay for it in my garage. Oh, wait. If I pass on the cold thruster package that would cover adding a fourth bay. :D

i went with a Plaid Model S instead. i'm a family man. i need a sober, practical car that does 0-60 in under 2 seconds.

THis post seems to explain and provide a wealth of sensical information concerning all this mess.
IF this is all true, and even mostly true then a different buying pattern will occur.
Rob? are you there? Knightshade seems to have refuted your sources. While you have been the most believable youtube source, Knightshades understanding makes much more financial sense concerning the rules around buying a stock being admitted to any Index, yes?

While I haven't watched all of Rob's videos (not enough time in a day), I did watch a couple of his vids dealing directly with inclusion and I don't see anything in Knightshade's post that conflicts with Rob's understanding. It would be helpful if you pointed out the specific contradiction you see.

Last edited:
I like the direction of your thinking and I would suggest Diess is more adept at being flexible and doing something new than many here are giving him credit for. The fact that he "gets it" even though he is an ICE insider shows that he has what it takes to be a huge asset to Tesla. He would probably take a huge pay cut being forward thinking enough to trust the stock options would MORE than make up for it.

I definitely don’t see him as a CEO replacement. For starters he’s older. But I do agree he could add value to Tesla particularly with dealings in his own country, as long as he doesn’t get stuck in a ‘this is how we do do it in Germany’ mentality. The German auto industry and related entities ARE going to change. They can come quietly or kicking and screaming. Their choice.

Here's today's Tech chart from 09:30 EST:

sc.TSLA.50-DayChart.2020-12-01.09-30.png

Cheers!

I definitely don’t see him as a CEO replacement. For starters he’s older. But I do agree he could add value to Tesla particularly with dealings in his own country, as long as he doesn’t get stuck in a ‘this is how we do do it in Germany’ mentality. The German auto industry and related entities ARE going to change. They can come quietly or kicking and screaming. Their choice.

Diess's promotion of EVs has been a direct affront to "this is how we do it in Germany". That's probably why he is on the chopping block.

He has also never struck me as a man with a large ego. If you watch his interactions with Elon, he's always played the #2 position and sang Elon's praises.

EDIT - most CEO's have a non-compete clause in their contracts for when they move on. 2-3 years is pretty standard. I would doubt Diess could go work for Tesla even if he wanted to.

Well that’s interesting as all get out, particularly where SA is mentioned as an outlet for the short seller activists.

I’ve always known people were capable of such shenanigans especially when money is involved. Hiding behind ‘but I’m doing it for the good of us all’ is epic BS and merely an excuse to trick **** their hearts and minds to allow them to sleep at night.

Diess's promotion of EVs has been a direct affront to "this is how we do it in Germany". That's probably why he is on the chopping block.

He has also never struck me as a man with a large ego. If you watch his interactions with Elon, he's always played the #2 position and sang Elon's praises.

EDIT - most CEO's have a non-compete clause in their contracts for when they move on. 2-3 years is pretty standard. I would doubt Diess could go work for Tesla even if he wanted to.

Tesla Solar/Storage for 2-3 years? Agree he's best in an EU/German politician liaison role.

Reactions: cjkosh
most CEO's have a non-compete clause in their contracts for when they move on. 2-3 years is pretty standard. I would doubt Diess could go work for Tesla even if he wanted to.

Non competes don't usually apply if you are fired without cause

Isn't this at least as significant for track mode for all Tesla vehicles? Or can't the air suspension react quickly enough?

Currently there are no Teslas with air suspension and track mode.

I'd expect Plaid to be the first to offer that- though I suppose if there's a legit S/X refresh coming soon per rumors that might offer it.

Would be nice if they add the ability to "save" a track once it's "mapped" by the system too.

We are led to believe every non-Tesla EV manufacturer is somehow limited by battery supply.
That they would love to build more EVs but they can't get more batteries.

What is so special with Tesla that LG agreed to double their production capacity just for Tesla?

Here's one possible answer to that-
Is Tesla Licensing The 4680 Cells To LG Energy Solution?[/QUOTE]

Last edited:
  • Informative
Reactions: kbM3 and kcveins
Tesla Should Launch a Human Driven Ride-Hail Service to Accelerate Its Autonomous Strategy

Tesla Should Launch a Human Driven Ride-Hail Service to Accelerate Its Autonomous Strategy
Tasha Keeney-Work-Remote-Headshot
by Tasha Keeney, CFA, Analyst
December 01, 2020

Interesting. It appears Tasha is focused on cities or urban transport for her vision of human driven ride hailing which appears to make sense at first glance. But I would suggest it might make sense to launch the pilot program as a rural transportation service which would leverage the cost/mille advantages of EV's and tap an underserved market.

Last edited:
I definitely don’t see him as a CEO replacement. For starters he’s older. But I do agree he could add value to Tesla particularly with dealings in his own country, as long as he doesn’t get stuck in a ‘this is how we do do it in Germany’ mentality.

I agree that he could be a big asset to Tesla but I don't even know where the idea came from that he might be a CEO replacement. Not gonna happen.