Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla, TSLA & the Investment World: the Perpetual Investors' Roundtable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
There goes $600, look out below. Uptick Rule would be triggered if SP reaches $584.89 today.

EDIT: Intraday Low now at $588.00

TSLA.chart.2020-12-09.14-00.png

EDIT2: That is characteristic of a MM/hedgie bear raid, when they stop the plunge just above the SP the would trigger the Uptick Rule, and the supposed protections that it provides to shareholders.

Those MMs do have a way around the Uptick Rule (Regulation 201, Exemption for Options Market Makers), but those MMs might be wary of naked shorting right now, since Tesla has shown them to be vulnerable to a Share Dividend "recount" of the MM's short inventory (forcing them to buy TSLA).

Last edited:
Woow, you are good at this!

How do these people get $62M worth of options through all in 1 trade? I think the maximum IBKR allows me to do in 1 trade is 500 contracts, and even if I could do more, I don't see how you could jam through $62M worth before options MMs significantly increase their ask.
In his interview I believe that is what Emmet Peppers says happened. Ibkr did not send a single order for 3750 contracts, but split it up into multiple orders.

As for semantics maybe I'm wrong but with options it gets complicated with different types of orders. For example:
5 call options with $500 strike in one order
- I would just say I placed one order (or trade) for 5 call options

5 straddles at $500 strike in one order
- that would be 5 calls purchased at $500 strike and 5 puts purchased at $500 strike. 10 contracts but in one order (or trade)

With these two examples I'd just say I placed two trades. One for five calls at $500 and one for 5 straddles at $500. It makes sense in my head anyway o_O

edit:
he bought jan700c in 3 different accounts.
a block trading desk executed the order(s) for him. multiple orders, multiple fills. each fill is a trade.

Damn they're actually going to drive this under 600. Who would have thought today's price action would be like this considering the drop and rebound yesterday. Gotta say I'm pretty surprised by the lack of buying at this point. I think this takes a lot of the wind out of the sails of the theory that a ton of money is front running inclusion week

I’m thinking the $5B may have been a miscalculation, as they gave control of $5B worth of new shares to 10 banks to do what they please.

I didn't really understand why not announce the offering on Friday after markets close for Monday, when at least index funds can start buying into it. Tesla would have gotten a higher stock price to issues shares with during next week.

Reactions: lafrisbee
Rumor in the wild that Apple is working on Autonomous chips.
Apple working with TSMC on Apple Car chips, more - 9to5Mac

The irony, given that Tesla's chip team was poached from Apple . . . did Apple poach a bunch back?

Elon Musk is a brilliant entrepreneur but also a drama queen. There's a lot of good engineers that work at Tesla and then get out when the Elon show gets old. Here in Silicon Valley, while Tesla is one of the top places for good engineers to head to, there's also a continuous supply of experienced ex-Tesla engineers flowing into Apple, Waymo, Aurora, Cruise, Rivian, Lucid, and other autonomous and EV companies.

Last edited: