Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla, TSLA & the Investment World: the Perpetual Investors' Roundtable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I didn't really understand why not announce the offering on Friday after markets close for Monday, when at least index funds can start buying into it. Tesla would have gotten a higher stock price to issues shares with during next week.

Elon has shown a willingness to tamp down exuberance in the stock multiple times this year. That may have factored into management's timing.

I didn't really understand why not announce the offering on Friday after markets close for Monday, when at least index funds can start buying into it. Tesla would have gotten a higher stock price to issues shares with during next week.

Not sure how many times this needs to be said but apparently at least once more; Tesla/Elon don’t care about short term SP movements. They encourage all who are short term traders/speculators etc... that if they don’t like the volatility of TSLA, then they should take their money some place else. It’s in writing in at least one of their ERs. Therefore, it’s of no consequence to them when they do anything that in turn might affect the SP.

If we could all keep that in mind and remember for next time, that’d be great.

Elon has shown a willingness to tamp down exuberance in the stock multiple times this year. That may have factored into management's timing.

It is true. Tesla could be hammering the bid all day long. You would think they would let up at some point but they did the same last time. Once they commit to this they want it done.

Wonder when all the buyers who have to settle up the next seven trading days will show up.

Reactions: MikeC and NooB_cat
Not sure how many times this needs to be said but apparently at least once more; Tesla/Elon don’t care about short term SP movements. They encourage all who are short term traders/speculators etc... that if they don’t like the volatility of TSLA, then they should take their money some place else. It’s in writing in at least one of their ERs. Therefore, it’s of no consequence to them when they do anything that in turn might affect the SP.

If we could all keep that in mind and remember for next time, that’d be great.

That really doesn't have anything to do with what I was questioning. Everything you posted I agree with and Elon has made clear. I was simply calling out it was an odd choice to do it then instead of waiting 3 trading days. I don't expect Elon/Zach to care about SP movements. I do expect them to use logic to get the best price for the offering.

That really doesn't have anything to do with what I was questioning. Everything you posted I agree with and Elon has made clear. I was simply calling out it was an odd choice to do it then instead of waiting 3 trading days. I don't expect Elon/Zach to care about SP movements. I do expect them to use logic to get the best price for the offering.

We don't know if they have even started offering the shares yet... And we probably won't know anything until after they are done. And then we will get a note in the Q4 financials telling us the number of shares and average selling price...

We don't know if they have even started offering the shares yet... And we probably won't know anything until after they are done. And then we will get a note in the Q4 financials telling us the number of shares and average selling price...

Oh no don't get me wrong, I'm not saying or questioning whether Tesla is actually offering the shares yet on the open market or not. They could be waiting until next week to start offering any shares.