Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla, TSLA & the Investment World: the Perpetual Investors' Roundtable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Last edited:
Recently? He was 'shadow banned' back on Aug 16 (yes, we PM'd). He was still buying TSLA at the time.

I wasn't going to say anything, but yeah, he had a bit of a benny and a run-in with the mods, went off in a bit of a huff. I tried to persuade him back, but he didn't want. He's been awol before, so maybe he'll return. I hope he held his positions and has done well, he went through some rough times and the money he was making would be transformative for him.

But this is where FSD (then Energy) comes in I think. As long as a valid argument can be made to the upside, then there's still growth potential in the investor's mind. We won't question how high we are if, at the same time, we're speculating on even a higher future value of what is yet to come out of this Jack in the Box surprise company. Am I making sense? I'm pretty stoned right now... so.
Roadster 2 and Cybertruck refresh/final production+ Semi production versions should be shown very very soon too!? and those aren't even what is gonna make the most $ for the company. thinking batteries and subscriptions will.
I don't see any meaningful dip that could be timed appropriately or safely between now and the end of 2021?

Holy crap. That's just crazy. Who spends enough time at burger king that a 25 mile per hour charge is worth plugging in to.

I've had to use a blink charger once, in Seattle. And it was a frustrating experience for which I didn't feel like it was worth the effort when I unplugged in the end.
The CEO said the Blink chargers were fast charging. For me it doesn't really matter how fast the charge, it's the price since I am going to park there and sit in the restaurant anyway.[/QUOTE]

Last edited by a moderator:
MarketWatch - half hour ago: Tesla has a $20 billion ‘war chest’ for 2021 and beyond

Excerpt:

Morgan Stanley analyst Adam Jonas calculated that $20 billion, saying in a note Thursday that was his estimate for pro-forma gross cash balance. At the end of third quarter, Tesla said it had $14.5 billion in cash and equivalents, a bump of $5.9 billion from the second quarter.

"We forecast Tesla to spend (about $50 billion) in combined capex and R&D" from 2021 through 2025, a figure that could prove to be "very conservative," he said. That also compares with $27 billion spending target at General Motors Co. (GM) over a similar time span, Jonas said.

Cheers to the longs!

IMG_3105.jpeg

Super-fast charging will be very helpful in converting more ICE drivers to EVs.

However, as a long time EV driver who is generally satisfied with current Supercharger speeds, I'm especially excited at what this likely means for cool/cold weather regenerative braking performance. Avoidance of lithium plating is, as I recall, a key reason that Tesla limits regen when the battery is cooler than room temperature, and especially in the cold. Losing regen, even partially, affects overall efficiency, compromises the driving experience, and increases brake wear. This can be partially mitigated by pre-heating the battery before each drive and limiting charge to 70%, which are normal practices for those of us living on moderately high mountains, but most drivers would probably rather not be bothered with such details.

In other words, batteries with less susceptibility to lithium plating will be great for efficiency, the overall driving experience, and minimization of brake wear. Hopefully, we'll see some improvements in the Cybertruck packs! In the meantime, at 182K miles, our "classic" Model S is almost in need of its first brake pad replacement, so it's not as if the older Tesla batteries are bad - it's just that there remains plenty of room for improvement.
Limiting Factor new video on future recharge rates.

TLDW - will eventually get to 0-50% charge in 5 minutes, 0-100% in 15 minutes

Don't sell your stock.