Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla, TSLA & the Investment World: the Perpetual Investors' Roundtable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
In Belgium you can't even go to the hairdresser/barber anymore (since the last week of October!). Restaurants/bars/... are of course also closed. Touchless delivery sounds great, but I don't know if it's allowed here since normally you have to sign after receiving your vehicle and upon first inspection.
I was at a Belgian service center and everything seemed to be business as usual. Maybe sales was by appointment only. I brought my Model S in for repairs and service seemed to work as usual.

I'm supposed to be working and am transfixed on watching the TSLA ticker. Just coming to TMC to post this is exceedingly difficult.

Is this normal?
Yes!

I spend my work
I was at a Belgian service center and everything seemed to be business as usual. Maybe sales was by appointment only. I brought my Model S in for repairs and service seemed to work as usual.
Same in Norway, no problems with deliveries. Covid numbers declining every day atm:)

Says who? I'm just glad I'm working from home because I could not walk around the office right now.
put on some undies?

/ I am glad no one needs to hear me smiling & I get(forced) to work from home too!

...curious, did anyone by calls last year instead or in addition to $420.69 xmas presents? (& shocked that was such a good price! even the $470 after 'funding s3ecured' was good!)
& how much $ difference would that be? always wanted to but never did options so I'll just keep my simple shares :rolleyes:

Last edited:
Reactions: Nocturnal
Today I drove the highway E34 in Belgium for 45min. For non-Belgians (i.e. almost everyone on here :)), the E34 is a horizontal highway (on the map: W-E) used by semi's to transport goods from the harbour in Zeebrugge (where Tesla ships many of its European deliveries) to inland the European continent.

This afternoon, during my 45min on this highway, I passed two loads of Model 3's like so:

View attachment 617647

The picture is a bit unclear, but the license plate is from Lithuania ("LT"), so this is a shipment for Lithuania.

The other truck was from the Netherlands ("NL"), but I couldn't snap a pic. You'll just have to take my word for it. Two trucks in 45 minutes may sound like very little, but I rarely spot two Tesla trucks so close by over here.

My point being: there are still deliveries happening in at least these two countries. Also, last time I checked the Belgian section of Tesla.com, there were plenty of Model 3's "directly available", i.e. shipments were inbound and you could choose a stock car.

All in all, EU deliveries should be great. (I've seen more Tesla trucks this quarter than ever before). Bullish.

Depends on the country I guess. The lockdowns over here are waaaaaay more strict than in the US from what I've read in the media/on TMC.

In Belgium you can't even go to the hairdresser/barber anymore (since the last week of October!). Restaurants/bars/... are of course also closed. Touchless delivery sounds great, but I don't know if it's allowed here since normally you have to sign after receiving your vehicle and upon first inspection.
Informative -- but beware of conclusions from the truck's nationality! At least half the trucks on highways around here carry foreign reg's, many of them LT. My guess would be that auto transporters are thin on the ground now and Tesla pays a premium to deliver product.

Informative -- but beware of conclusions from the truck's nationality! At least half the trucks on highways around here carry foreign reg's, many of them LT. My guess would be that auto transporters are thin on the ground now and Tesla pays a premium to deliver product.

Yes, and they are taking that premium cost out of their PR budget. :D

• Funny
Reactions: Lessmog
If we hit $800 by Friday, I’ll be lit that night too...
Nor'easter is coming up the coast Wednesday night and dumping a foot+ of snow in Philadelphia. If we rip like crazy in the afterhours Friday you'll find me sledding naked at the Art Museum steps with a bottle of [knockoff] Teslaquila by 8:01.

ChMrYPW.jpg

The picture is a bit unclear, but the license plate is from Lithuania ("LT"), so this is a shipment for Lithuania.
I can assure you that this shipment is definitely nor for Lithuania. Tesla does not sell vehicles here. Also not a single supercharger or service center :( Plate numbers are LT just because there are quite a few Lithuanian companies transporting Teslas around Europe.

Very interesting! So what are they doing with the current Kato cells if they're not for the Plaid S? Will we see Roadster sooner than expected? Now that would be a holiday update.

Well, Tesla did make some changes to the accounts of those that earned Roadsters through the referral program and are seeking commitments to those that earned discounted Roadsters before Jan. 1st. These could be hints of something imminent. However, I think Tesla will push to get at least the Semi, and perhaps the Cybertruck, to production before the new Roadster.

• Informative
Reactions: phantasms