Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla, TSLA & the Investment World: the Perpetual Investors' Roundtable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Very interesting! So what are they doing with the current Kato cells if they're not for the Plaid S? Will we see Roadster sooner than expected? Now that would be a holiday update.

Elon has said that the Fremont 4680s will be used to support the initial Model Y production at the GigaBerlin factory. So that is probably where they will be going until they get the production finalized/streamlined in Fremont and then duplicate, and ramp, that in GigaBerlin.

Reactions: 2virgule5
+5%, and not a soul is excited.
Says who? I'm just glad I'm working from home because I could not walk around the office right now.
I'm supposed to be working and am transfixed on watching the TSLA ticker. Just coming to TMC to post this is exceedingly difficult.

Is this normal?
maxresdefault (2).jpg

Wasn't that essentially his price target before the 5x stock split? So he has raised his price target by 5x? :eek:
The thing that gets me about him is this statement "We are the biggest bear on wall st and we are projecting 180k deliveries". Dumbs**t says Tesla is a busted growth story but projects the highest amount of deliveries in a single quarter? Sounds to me like he wanted to just throw out a huge number and hopes they don't make it to come out and say "We told you it was a busted growth story" :rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

The Netherlands is rumoured to go in lockdown this evening. If the lockdown measures prevent Tesla to deliver cars, it could mean about 2000 cars can’t be delivered this year. Germany already announced a stronger lockdown, so Tesla may not be able to deliver cars there too.
Edit: the 2000 cars is my guestimate based on how the delivery graph looks like this quarter so far.

Today I drove the highway E34 in Belgium for 45min. For non-Belgians (i.e. almost everyone on here :)), the E34 is a horizontal highway (on the map: W-E) used by semi's to transport goods from the harbour in Zeebrugge (where Tesla ships many of its European deliveries) to inland the European continent.

This afternoon, during my 45min on this highway, I passed two loads of Model 3's like so:

TSLA litouwen.jpeg

The picture is a bit unclear, but the license plate is from Lithuania ("LT"), so this is a shipment for Lithuania.

The other truck was from the Netherlands ("NL"), but I couldn't snap a pic. You'll just have to take my word for it. Two trucks in 45 minutes may sound like very little, but I rarely spot two Tesla trucks so close by over here.

My point being: there are still deliveries happening in at least these two countries. Also, last time I checked the Belgian section of Tesla.com, there were plenty of Model 3's "directly available", i.e. shipments were inbound and you could choose a stock car.

All in all, EU deliveries should be great. (I've seen more Tesla trucks this quarter than ever before). Bullish.

In the US Tesla used a "touchless" delivery service during various statewide lockdowns. They used the same techniques if your car needed servicing. Don't these methods work in Europe?

Depends on the country I guess. The lockdowns over here are waaaaaay more strict than in the US from what I've read in the media/on TMC.

In Belgium you can't even go to the hairdresser/barber anymore (since the last week of October!). Restaurants/bars/... are of course also closed. Touchless delivery sounds great, but I don't know if it's allowed here since normally you have to sign after receiving your vehicle and upon first inspection.

Intrigued to test my mood tomorrow. Today I'm sitting here toggling my contingent trade orders on Fidelity just in case I can't access the platform Friday or I have connectivity issues. The levels I'm setting these minors sells at are preposterous. I really don't think I'll sell more than 1-2% of my shares if we don't crack $1,000. And really only because I need a bit of cash.

I'll sell covered calls, but only starting at about $200 above Christmas week peak SP and more. The closer we get to inclusion, the tighter I'm holding onto these shares. Not what I expected to feel. Maybe it'll moderate a bit tomorrow.

Intrigued to test my mood tomorrow. Today I'm sitting here toggling my contingent trade orders on Fidelity just in case I can't access the platform Friday or I have connectivity issues. The levels I'm setting these minors sells at are preposterous. I really don't think I'll sell more than 1-2% of my shares if we don't crack $1,000. And really only because I need a bit of cash.

I'll sell covered calls, but only starting at about $200 above Christmas week peak SP and more. The closer we get to inclusion, the tighter I'm holding onto these shares. Not what I expected to feel. Maybe it'll moderate a bit tomorrow.
I'm surprised to find myself in a similar boat. Either I've fallen into the excitement, or I've just increased my bullish stance on how the company is progressing.

In the US Tesla used a "touchless" delivery service during various statewide lockdowns. They used the same techniques if your car needed servicing. Don't these methods work in Europe?

Touchless test drives, deliveries and services all work just fine. Not so worried for Europe.

Elon has said that the Fremont 4680s will be used to support the initial Model Y production at the GigaBerlin factory. So that is probably where they will be going until they get the production finalized/streamlined in Fremont and then duplicate, and ramp, that in GigaBerlin.
Sure, that is where some of the Fremont 4680s will be going.

Last edited:
Well, after the pushback from several folks on this I thought about it some more.

As I suggested I think it's just my standards are too high.

If I'm spending $ paying an active fund manager whose fund is benchmarked against a specific index, I expect that manager to take the time to understand one of the single largest elements of that index.

The feedback from yourself and others seems to be they just don't want to bother so they'll simply buy it at exactly index weight so it has doesn't impact their versus-the-index performance at all.

I get the math of why it would do that--- Just not the math of why anybody would pay an active fund manager who can't be bothered to understand the biggest parts of his benchmark fund.

That said- if they did intend to do that- why would they (knowing it was likely to spike this week) not have bought it during the dip LAST week?

Why wait till the week you know you're gonna pay near the highest short-term price for the stock?

That's not just lazy, that's actively dumb.
Yes, you are assuming way too much of the typical fund manager. And yet, you are still asking why they wouldn't take risks on a "sure thing". TSLA is not a sure thing in any direction for any amount when you don't know anything about the company. It's a huge risk. It's been demonstrably totally insane over any time period you care to name.

I am willing to bet that on the whole fund managers are going to stay away from risking any money on TSLA, up down or sideways. It's not their job. It's not who they are.