Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla, TSLA & the Investment World: the Perpetual Investors' Roundtable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
In all the excitement about the closing cross, it didn't dawn on me until just now that the closing price spike punched my ticket into the Teslanaire club!
Nice, well done! I'm also starting to wonder how many punched the 8 figures ticket today. Congrat's to those as well!

Has anyone got an answer to this?? SP way up, account balance goes through a trap door
?? Appears to be LEAP-related.
Did anyone else's account balance go haywire - not just based on the were underlying price - but with lots of LEAPS - just inextricably appear to lose like 20% of it's liquidation value?? I mean, what I'm seeing would apply to a SP of about $400.

Not that some sort of system overload would be a surprise...

Last edited:
Reactions: CarlS
Expired Sell to Close 20 TSLA Jan 15 2021 138.0 Call Limit 550.00 -- 12/18/20 16:08:05 12/18/20

My transaction didn't go through. Weird. Does anyone have an idea why?
Seems like the $695 close did not affect options prices. They seem to be based on the $65x price before the closing cross took effect at 3:59:59.

I had several limit sell orders expire on options that I would have expected to be filled at a $695 SP. Hopefully we can get even better prices on Monday. :)

https://twitter.com/truth_tesla/status/1340063444314300416?s=21
97C88C92-BCB8-477B-8F22-D642CF48BC5A.jpeg

Has anyone got an answer to this??

Has anyone got an answer to this?? SP way up, account balance goes through a trap door
??

Do you hold options? My account dropped about 15% at close today according to TD.

The steep swings in the final minutes probably triggered all the buy orders for calls, so the bid-ask showed $0 for the bid, market price for the ask. TD averages the two so many of my options are showing at half the market value.

It will be back up on Monday if this is what happened to you.

Edit: It's kind of freaky seeing my Jan 21 60c valued around $300.

Last edited:
Nice, well done! I'm also starting to wonder how many punched the 8 figures ticket today. Congrat's to those as well!

Many of us are getting pretty wealthy or rich and that's awesome but with more money, you have more responsibility too.

Your decisions will make a difference and while I fully understand that first of all consumption is tempting there is much more you can do to make this little blue dot in the black dark of eternity a better place.

To do the right thing is much more rewarding than most may believe it is.

In all the excitement about the closing cross, it didn't dawn on me until just now that the closing price spike punched my ticket into the Teslanaire club!
I forget, did we converge on a definition? $1M worth of TSLA shares? $1M gain? $1M portfolio including non-TSLA? Asking for a friend.

• Funny
Reactions: FireMedic