Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla, TSLA & the Investment World: the Perpetual Investors' Roundtable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Tommy didn't want to be friends with Jimmy and wasn't being nice to him.

As punishment, Tommy's parents told him he had to trade toys with Jimmy, and it was Jimmy's choice.

Jimmy's siblings were confident they could score Tommy's Playstation for some scraps.

Instead Jimmy traded their Legos for Timmy's stupid Barney dolls.

It was at that moment they realized Jimmy was actually a stupid &!?%* robot that didn't understand economic game theory.
The really sad thing is that I'M STILL LOST!!!

Dan

We are down to only 2 Model 3's. Replaced one with a Model Y, which I love! I sold that one Model 3 to a friend at a good $5k under market just because he really wanted one and could not quite afford it. I have found myself to be extra generous lately, probably because of our (meaning all of us here on this thread) good financial success.
That's really nice of you.

The Dutch December sales (through 17) are 2444 Model 3s, which number is over double the number of the runner up in the BEV category (8638) and the total cars category (14641).

That is 59% BEV, by the way. Reason: change in the BIK rules, so it will not be maintained. Hope the average is 20% for the year. Ignoring covid, that would mean 1% less sale in gas next year. Great!

December is the best month for Tesla this year (again), but you already knew that.

Who sold them all and why did they collude to hand them over cheaply?

Yeah, shares weren't handed over "cheaply" today. $33 premium of NOCP ($695) above the final ticker price ($662ish). On ~120M shares, that's $4 billion worth of "not cheap"... :p

Moreover, this SP is extremely close to the fair market value I estimated based on a micro-economics "supply'n'demand" model ($671 equilibrium price). Published here on Mon, Dec 14 (4 days in adv.) then discussed extensively in subsequent comments:

#227027 "AD Supply'n'Demand Model for TSLA shares - SP Equilibrium $671"

S&P500.Supply-vs.Demand.at.75B.png

Closing Price in today's After-hrs Session? $677 :D

TSLA.chart.2020-12-18.Open-to-695-Close.png

Don't fret the future. "If you stare at the ditch, that's where you'll end up".
TSLA is up 730% YTD. Whatever problems come up, Elon and team will handle it. Enjoy this win! As a top 6 player in the S&P 500, Tesla is now in the BIGS!

#Advice

Cheers!

I’m a little frustrated today because I put in a limit order at 700
Crowded trade. Did you see the 'sell wall' at $700? Always best practise to knock a few buck off your ask to get to the front of the queue.

But today was clearly special. The RIGHT move was a "Market on Close" sell order, and a NAP!

Cheers! (and njoy ur time)

Sounds like he bought calls along the way to me. I never traded options until I found TMC.

Edit: And probably added funds along the way after the initial $10,000.

If he'd traded the dips and perfectly timed the market then may it's possible, but agreed, probably bought some cheap calls in a dip.

$10k to $1m in three years isn't that great, IMO, I'm $3.5k to $1.3m over the last year in my trading account, and that was without playing the inclusion at all - in hindsight I could have made $2m extra there, but just wasn't prepared to take any risks with the cash I had put aside for the house purchase.

NEXT LEVEL: $TSLA just obliterated the all-time volume record for an equity w/ $148b worth of shares traded today, beating $SPY's $118b high water mark set during March chaos. For perspective, $MSFT trades about $5b/day.

Very interesting twitter thread on the action around closing cross yesterday:
https://twitter.com/EmmetPeppers/status/1340092829108879360

Also read the following tweets, a few people who seem quite knowledgeable there.

Crowded trade. Did you see the 'sell wall' at $700? Always best practise to knock a few buck off your ask to get to the front of the queue.

But today was clearly special. The RIGHT move was a "Market on Close" sell order, and a NAP!

Cheers! (and njoy ur time)

Did you all have fun yesterday? I wasn't keeping up with the thread, just working through it now (30 pages :eek:)

The push-down by the MM's to $633 was epic, the bounce-back to $650's was in a single tick, amazing! I guess they offloaded their $700 hedges.

And the whole event was very educational, the disparity between the close and the updated close price was a very clear demonstration of the closing cross in action.

210m volume according to Tesla's stock quote email. Is it enough? Did they get what they needed? I think yes, but I get the impression too that the front-running wasn't over-subscribed. I guess we'll see on Monday.

And we didn't drop below $600 for the whole week, which was nice.

If he'd traded the dips and perfectly timed the market then may it's possible, but agreed, probably bought some cheap calls in a dip.

$10k to $1m in three years isn't that great, IMO, I'm $3.5k to $1.3m over the last year in my trading account, and that was without playing the inclusion at all - in hindsight I could have made $2m extra there, but just wasn't prepared to take any risks with the cash I had put aside for the house purchase.

Obviously well done on your success, but I would just like to temper this conversation with the reality that you are an exception to the rule and the (silent!) majority who try to trade as you have manage to actually lose money, many would have turned that 3.5k to zero. Just for any newbies who think it's easy... Do your homework extensively before jumping into such trading and if in doubt just HODL!

Fortunately not everyone is comfortable publishing their victories w the mass media. Otherwise, we’d have a few videos a day on teslanaires.

And probably thousands just today....

It acts as support in the sense that those index funds that purchased are locking up that float forever-ish. But the stock can and will still ultimately dip.

I mean market-psychologically - if institutions are willing to put that much money into a stock at that price, it kind of defines the "true value". Sure it will keep fluctuating though. I am thinking about it more as a long term support, not short term.

The debate between Tesla truth and Gary whom I had the pleasure to spend an evening in September, continues.

I am not an expert as I believe most are not about that matter. However, from what I learned from trusted sources in the last weeks about the orderly process all that I see is according to the defined rules a not orderly close yesterday.

For me, it's just great that the price fixed at nearly $700, and as a long-term investor, I do not trade such events therefore am definitely happy. Nevertheless, because of the order of magnitude of shares traded in a short time yesterday and because of the extremely high AH volume there had to be more real demand before the close that did not reflect in the closing price.

Its been an event where manipulation was definitely possible and may have occurred. I am not saying it has but for me the numbers provided and the trading action does not add up. As I said I am not an expert I may be wrong here but listening to people with more knowledge it sounds like they cannot make a reasonable meaning out of it too.

Pretty fishy

https://twitter.com/garyblack00/status/1340229091912511490

‘Mayor Pete’ talks transportation issues with county officials

Kinda sounds like Buttigieg's mother owns a Tesla.

"Buttigieg also talked automation and innovation as well as getting federal dollars to local governments.

“I may not be the only one here whose mother has a much more sophisticated car than I do,” said Buttigieg, who noted that he drives a Chevy Cruze. “It has cruise control that is pretty straightforward. She has this car — it’s just like a spaceship. And it feels to me like it’s already halfway automated.

@35:20 in the video.

The debate between Tesla truth and Gary whom I had the pleasure to spend an evening in September, continues.

I am not an expert as I believe most are not about that matter. However, from what I learned from trusted sources in the last weeks about the orderly process all that I see is according to the defined rules a not orderly close yesterday.

For me, it's just great that the price fixed at nearly $700, and as a long-term investor, I do not trade such events therefore am definitely happy. Nevertheless, because of the order of magnitude of shares traded in a short time yesterday and because of the extremely high AH volume there had to be more real demand before the close that did not reflect in the closing price.

Its been an event where manipulation was definitely possible and may have occurred. I am not saying it has but for me the numbers provided and the trading action does not add up. As I said I am not an expert I may be wrong here but listening to people with more knowledge it sounds like they cannot make a reasonable meaning out of it too.

Pretty fishy

https://twitter.com/garyblack00/status/1340229091912511490
Yes, Monday will be interesting. I am very curious if Fact Checking (Tesla_Truth) is correct and we see demand for shares continue. Gary's thinking has been close to spot on in the last few weeks so I have to put a lot of weight to his ideas, but my hope is we have a little continued rise into the P&D report in January.

However, I would not at all be surprised if we see a push down to shake the tree at the start of Monday which would allow benchmarked funds to begin to establish their positions below the $695 price. It all seemed to work out very well to those large hedge funds at the expense of the passive index fund shareholders.

Reactions: saniflash