Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla, TSLA & the Investment World: the Perpetual Investors' Roundtable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Kevin is actually quite bullish on Tesla. He’s said it’s actually his largest holding. And he has a huge following. He has an interesting way of dispelling FUD, without alienating the “non-believers”; he’s quite conservative with his numbers, but that’s not a terrible thing me thinks. And he drives a model 3, and often talks about how great it is...in a not so condescending way.

Appreciate any TSLA bull—he has his own unique perspective. He actually just bought an original Tesla Roadster too, so he counts as an OG both in TSLA and Tesla.

never saw above 665 or so in those closing minutes
I loved this video of Kevin calling out the play by play of the closing minutes. He provides much more entertaining value than Rob’s live stream, but course Rob provides 100X more information than Kevin on Tesla in general. At the 1:30 mark in the video, approx 4 minutes to the close, Kevin pointed out SP at 672.

Tesla is again forced to stop construction at Gigafactory Berlin due to missing $100 million deposit - Electrek

Wow, Tesla levered 5B in stocks offering, could Germans give their approbation for this incredible business proposal and stop begging for deposits. Elon must be pissed at all the politics and lobbying working against Tesla since the beginning. The opposite of Giga Texas.

Or maybe Elon is pissed they can't seem to hire a competent site manager that insures his people pay their bills on time.

This isn't the first time Tesla has embarrassed themselves at that location on stuff like this. It's not like they don't have the money, this was flat out another unforced error, and I sincerely hope they replace whatever incompetent guy didn't make the required payment and slowed things down.

Best engineers in any industry, but their "day to day running of a business" folks aren't always the sharpest knives in the drawer.

Cathie Wood today: Telsa has now 15 billion miles of real world driving collected data. Google the next closest has about 25 million. The winner in autonomous is going to have the most data and the highest quality data. That company right now is Tesla.

Cathie Wood has "no regrets, " so mandatory song link:

Remember, those share were issued at an est'd VWAP of about $632 (we won't know for sure until the 10-K comes out).

So that $5B in extra stock now totals about $5.5B extra to add to Yahoo's Mkt Cap. :D

Cheers!

Thanks for the reminder! Effectively moves the percentage up to 6.11%. Note that this is on top of the loss of precision in the original share weights in Vanguard's announcement of today's share weights.

• Informative
Reactions: Artful Dodger
Has anyone identified the species of watermelon to be uprooted, impact on their offspring and seed migration patterns, and potential of being an endangered fruit species in need of preserves....er...um...preservation?

I'm more concerned about the local wildlife known to rely on watermelons:
  • Twospotted Spider Mites
  • Cabbage Loopers
  • Beet Armyworms
  • Leafminer Flies
  • Spotted Cucumber Beetles
/s

Or maybe Elon is pissed they can't seem to hire a competent site manager that insures his people pay their bills on time.

This isn't the first time Tesla has embarrassed themselves at that location on stuff like this. It's not like they don't have the money, this was flat out another unforced error, and I sincerely hope they replace whatever incompetent guy didn't make the required payment and slowed things down.

Best engineers in any industry, but their "day to day running of a business" folks aren't always the sharpest knives in the drawer.
Oh, c'mon. Elon chases away people who plod along and get business things done reliably. He wants to know what amazing things they've done lately, and when the answer is nothing he fires them. So, no ordinary people around to pay the bills. I guess he figures it works out better that way all things considered.

And that's why when I had my Model S (finally) get its Infotainment Upgrade today (third time's the charm) I got a text message from the service guy saying sorry they won't be done until Monday. Then five minutes later I got an automated text message saying come on in and get your car. So, being as I didn't want to drive there for nothing, I text the service guy asking what's the deal -- car now or not? No answer. No answer. Multiple texts got nothing. The people who care about making this sort of stuff work well just don't work at Tesla. And they never will for long. Elon makes sure of that.

GENE! You're not buying another Model 3 SR+ are you? What's that now, FOUR?! ;)

Cheers!
We are down to only 2 Model 3's. Replaced one with a Model Y, which I love! I sold that one Model 3 to a friend at a good $5k under market just because he really wanted one and could not quite afford it. I have found myself to be extra generous lately, probably because of our (meaning all of us here on this thread) good financial success.

sorry this might be discussed earlier and off current topic ..just having a shock looking at 2022 call option prices in RH.....its down by 99%...is this for real ? or everyone seeing such weird stuff due to SP inclusion activities ? didnt know where else to turn for reliable info. thanks

sorry this might be discussed earlier and off current topic ..just having a shock looking at 2022 call option prices in RH.....its down by 99%...is this for real ? or everyone seeing such weird stuff due to SP inclusion activities ? didnt know where else to turn for reliable info. thanks

Show me where I can buy 2022 call options for 99% off and I will personally resolve that issue for you. ;)

Basically, you don't need to worry... the values should be corrected shortly after market opens on Monday.

I’m feeling pretty confident right now.

Basically the Split timing entombed the shorts, and a good quarter W/ S&P announcements looming brought us from the 400-600 range.
These big dawgs who just got in at 695, yes they attempt to mimic the S&P, but aren’t they the same MMs who constantly with us every day at 10am. Is this going to stop? Let’s say it goes down to 600 flat. Who’s got the money to drop it now? Do the same people who own it have any side bets or hedging to want the price to go down?

If anyone could help me understand where the stock price sits and what kind of firepower is needed to really dent the stock after this massive new holding & float removal.

thanks all,
Excited for Monday

Check my later posts.

Wasn’t meant to relate to the options for today. More for a rough value of the 12/31 options at the end of your post.
No, it won't give anything helpful.

If I wanted to try to figure the value of the 590 calls I might assume that the bid/ask on the NASDAQ site is for the 658.34 trade that everybody was stuck on for so long as the last real trade of the day. That would be 77.55 bid and 90.00 ask, so a mid-point of 83.775. And I can see that the delta on this option is 0.75. So I can pretend that the 36.66 rise from from 658.34 to 695 would result in the option price going up .75 times that, so 27.495, giving a new option price of 111.27. Of course this is all very approximate, and a linear calculation like this must be wrong anyway, as delta increases as we move away from the strike price, so this should be a bit higher. But better than nothing.

Similar calculations for the 690 calls gives a guess of 42.82. Except delta decreases since we're moving toward the strike price, so the number should really be a bit smaller.

The numbers will be different by Monday anyway, so it doesn't really matter all that much.

• Helpful
Reactions: jw934 and ReddyLeaf