Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla, TSLA & the Investment World: the Perpetual Investors' Roundtable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I would bet Starlink over LIDAR, just given how much we know Elon hates LIDAR.
Elon doesn’t hate LIDAR. He’s said as much and that SpaceX uses it for docking.

He just doesn’t think it’s necessary for automotive FSD. Horses for courses as it were.

My guess is that it probably is LIDAR and they are using it for reference in calibration, evaluation and tuning in research vehicles and data sets. I doubt there’s any chance it is something needed in production vehicles.

edit: It’s for ground truthiness, others beat me to it. :rolleyes:

Last edited:
If Tesla sells ONE more car in Norway this year it's the second best month ever. Beaten only by March 19 when most of the preordered model 3 were delivered.

Edit. They actually beat it while I was writing this. Now 3785 vs 3762.
Also, the Model 3 just beat Model S lifetime deliveries in the country about a week or so ago.

While water falls from the sky, it is not raining (our opinion). Instead, we believe people are carrying open umbrellas as a fashion statement (our opinion). The weather forecast is for rain for the next six days, but it’s our opinion that the incoming weather front, also described as a monsoon is just a front to make the weatherman look good (our opinion). Therefore even if it does rain, which we are expecting it to, it will actually be snowing despite temperatures remaining well above freezing (our opinion).

So if this guy isn’t just plain stupid then he’s a crooked slime ball.

And who is ‘our’? Him and his dog?
You have gone to far, you, you CAT PERSON!
Gordon is the best at what he does. And the adage is, "No matter what you do, if you are the best at it you will make money."

• Funny
Reactions: wipster
Interview with Solar Tile installer. Very informative.

TLDR

1. Roof tiles can be swapped out with ease, system can be expanded. Low repair cost.
2. More attractive to roofing companies if installation can be reduced to 2 days vs 4 days due to opportunity cost lost
3. From just his company, there's a backlog of over 200 requests
4. Competitor's solar tiles are uglier and cost up toe 4x more/watt installed
5. Price parity with shingles+solar+roof swap every 15 years

Basically it's a killer product and will most likely change the world..again.

Why would there be high volume? No new catalysts.

Grabbed 10 ARKK and 10 ARKG today. I think I’m going to stop funneling every loose penny into TSLA for awhile :oops:
Well my comment was meant to express that it looked like it just dropped off by like 10 fold. Unusual for a regular trading day. Must just be the chart.

Reactions: Stone_Watcher