Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla, TSLA & the Investment World: the Perpetual Investors' Roundtable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Selling OTM CCs 1-2X per month, using the proceeds to buy more TSLA.

My strategy as well for past 7-8 mths.

Hedge 1 - sell CC's for downward pressure.
Hedge 2 - buy more Tesla from the CC's as a cushion/hedge against the CC's ;) & try to gain as much Shares as possible.

Since I decided to go all in on TSLA end of Q3, it has been even more important for me to sell CC's to get some protection. cheers!!

Yesterday, I converted a really fat chunk of Verticals to Shares. If and when necessary I will sell some of the shares.
Initially I had X shares. I grew them to 4X(some new funding as well). Now I try to keep my Delta at 4X regardless of number of CC's I sell, by buying more shares when possible. (+ My current share count is at 4.72X )

Last edited:
Only diversify a bit of my position. Luckily, this is not a one-bit decision.
Like this?
upload_2020-12-29_9-4-23.png

Watching a couple FSD beta videos this morning in snowy conditions. I dont think it is wise to release FSD to masses during winter unless they have confidence in snow driving or can detect snowy conditions and not allow FSD in those conditions.

The car detects available traction. If it detects limited traction it slows down. It's ability to detect limited traction is more sensitive than that of most human drivers.

I see human drivers driving at ultra-cautious speeds when they fear there may be icy surfaces even when there is no reasonable possibility of icy surfaces. And I see them driving at speeds far too high when it's obvious the road is a slippery mess.

FSD still relies on the judgement of a human driver so I think your concerns are misplaced. Far more interesting to me is whether FSD can counter-steer yet if the car goes into a slide. I've been having trouble testing this out because it's so damn difficult to put the car into a slide with all the traction nannies taking evasive action to prevent the need to counter-steer! :(

Not sure how to interpret this in the context of an expected Model S and/or X "refresh" over the holidays. Should we expect no change in pricing for the S? That would be a major feat from Tesla.

One of the big ways I imagine Tesla generates demand is through butts in seats, a Tesla owner inviting someone for a ride. The Model Y being the new kid on the block probably has fine demand now, but could be better. But as volume of production goes up, I am sure Tesla continues to make sure the demand is good and healthy for the increased production. They will probably need much less effort in this area once people are able to give friends and family rides again. This is what I believe this move points toward in a minor type of way because demand is just fine.

Reactions: saniflash
that guy is either unbelievably stupid, genuinely mentally ill (in which case he has my sympathies) or just really bad at covering the fact that he is taking dirty money bribes from big oil. Think about it...he is SUSPICIOUSLY consistent in how wrong he has been about Tesla. No matter what he says...somehow he always finds a way to be wrong. This is very suspicious and means he reminds me of bernie madoff. Someone should investigate him.

This is a good point, but the contract is for the supply of battery grade lithium hydroxide - LiOH, which is ~ 29% Lithium by mass (7/24).

$630-880 million lithium hydroxide at current spot price of $7,600/ton would yield 100,000 tons of LiOH. 29% of 100 million kg is 29 million kg of Li. At 10 kg/car that yields 2.9 million cars, or 600,000 car batteries per year. With such a big contract, Tesla must be getting more Li/$, so this is definitely a lower limit.

Lithium price spotlight - Weekly price updates | Fastmarkets
So this is 2.9 million or 600,000 cars??

"At 10 kg/car that yields 2.9 million cars, or 600,000 car batteries per year."

The car detects available traction. If it detects limited traction it slows down. It's ability to detect limited traction is more sensitive than that of most human drivers.

I see human drivers driving at ultra-cautious speeds when they fear there may be icy surfaces even when there is no reasonable possibility of icy surfaces. And I see them driving at speeds far too high when it's obvious the road is a slippery mess.

FSD still relies on the judgement of a human driver so I think your concerns are misplaced. Far more interesting to me is whether FSD can counter-steer yet if the car goes into a slide. I've been having trouble testing this out because it's so damn difficult to put the car into a slide with all the traction nannies taking evasive action to prevent the need to counter-steer! :(

Do you have FSD Beta? Have you watched the videos of FSD in snow? Seems to have little issue causing the car to slide and not react correctly. Specifically taking right hand turn to fast on snow packed road. Just saying until people know what they are doing with snow or FSD specifically handles snow packed roads differently just not allow FSD to be activated.

Reactions: Andy O and hobbes
Gordon Johnson : Hmmm, none of the things I predict about Tesla are true

Sane explanation : GJ is wrong
GJ explanation : Tesla is just like Bernie Madoff

Something tells me that his analysis isn’t exactly, um, rational.
I like that Gordo included "our opinion" with every ridiculous assertion. It's as if he's halfway admitting that "none of these are facts and I might just turn out to be a dumbass." I see that as a sign of progress. Way to go, Gordo!

While water falls from the sky, it is not raining (our opinion). Instead, we believe people are carrying open umbrellas as a fashion statement (our opinion). The weather forecast is for rain for the next six days, but it’s our opinion that the incoming weather front, also described as a monsoon is just a front to make the weatherman look good (our opinion). Therefore even if it does rain, which we are expecting it to, it will actually be snowing despite temperatures remaining well above freezing (our opinion).

So if this guy isn’t just plain stupid then he’s a crooked slime ball.

And who is ‘our’? Him and his dog?