Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla, TSLA & the Investment World: the Perpetual Investors' Roundtable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Just a quick skim through Twitter...looks like Mr. Wright is following Elon’s example right to the wire :D

414F8AED-2D82-4AA1-82EA-9E414A94FE8D.png

Last edited:
A remarkable admission if true. Sometimes I think this guy is a bot, mostly just posting anti-Tesla articles, or Tesla-competition articles and quoting the most Tesla negative thing. I don't think he ever subscribed to the block list. But it is amazing if there is a real human doing al that work and watching his short position lose him (his clients? his mom?) more and more money all the while.

EqlWjxIUwAIw5E4

I don't think Fool gives good advice at all. I am invested in SBE, but every Tesla owner I know has a ChargePoint account. Personally I've used their chargers probably 20x more often than Superchargers.
And I've used ChargePoint once in eight years (to get parking in a museum). Never used the Blink card I have.

• Informative
Reactions: jhm
My core LEAP position (which is not LEAP anymore however) right now is Sep '21 400 CALLs. This is already pretty aggressive for my taste with "pretty close" at the money and a "pretty soon" expiration; my plan is lever down before or after FY20 earnings, depending on whether I'll believe we have a buy the rumor type of development before the release or not.

levered down here at ~$712-715 (already ~75mins ago), from Sep 2021 400 CALLs to Jan 2022 300 CALLs

leverage down from ~1.87 to ~1.56

continuing selling weekly DOTM CALLs against my long CALLs to buy more.... CALLs

Also in relation to earlier posts on Motley Fool, Motley Fool are clueless.
Not all of the Fools are fools. I received an email this morning from Motley Fool Stock Advisor that had this to say about TSLA:

"Tesla — Up 674% vs. S&P's 17% since Tom's January recommendation

Tesla (NASDAQ: TSLA) is probably the most controversial stock on the public markets, especially given the leadership of its brash and unpredictable but visionary CEO, Elon Musk. Tom recommended it in January; here's why we believe the stock could run even higher:

• We're confident it has already won the race to become a true next-generation car company — and that it's just getting started as it looks to become a multicategory disruptor in energy and technology.
  • Tesla's loyal base of customers and followers wants the company to succeed in its broader mission to improve the environment. That creates buy-in among customers that can last a lifetime — something rival automakers can only wish they had.
  • Tesla is making one of the boldest attempts in history to disrupt industries that the world desperately needs to have disrupted; its broader aspirations give it even greater potential."
I know co-founder David Gardner has held and recommended buying TSLA for years. Tom Gardner (The Tom mentioned in the first quoted sentence) is the CEO and brother of David. I'm not sure if Tom's January recommendation was his first time recommending it or not.

It's hard to find good help. Apparently some of the annalists they've hired are a little clueless.

I got my brother to invest in TSLA last year. He keeps selling and buying it back.
He tells me I should "lock" in the profit's. It has crossed my mind to take some off the table...but I keep pulling the sell orders as I don't need the cash now...and the SP just keeps sailing past those sell prices.

Last one was 700 (3500)....I said last year if it hit that I would sell some....nope not a chance now..HODL!

So who is farther ahead?

• Funny
Reactions: StealthP3D
Creeping up on $700B. This is crazy. We'll get Q4 deliveries prior to Monday open. Based on what happened when Q2 and Q3 were reported, it's hard to predict how the market will react.

I seriously doubt $1T happens next year but you can't rule it out.

1T is definitely happening in 2021. JMHO.

A remarkable admission if true. Sometimes I think this guy is a bot, mostly just posting anti-Tesla articles, or Tesla-competition articles and quoting the most Tesla negative thing.

Is this guy really a board member of a Mercedes dealership? If so, he's probably got deep pockets. But, boy what hate. :confused:
https://www.dnb.com/business-directory/company-profiles.Mercedes-Benz_Cars_Česká_republika_sro.2f058917f6ce0fde695afedc5b3f4d94.html

Actually, upon further investigation, it looks like he might be the CFO of Mercedes's Central Europe operations. Wow. :eek:

Last edited:
I mean, I only saw the results of the public research papers. And they certainly aren't using higher than normal laser energy.

I'm not going to discount real work that has been done in LiDAR even if I am convinced it's not necessary and most likely a waste of resources for autonomy.

I'm not discounting that processing has improved LIDAR. That is true. I'm saying it is still not good enough to see through commonly encountered weather.

Reactions: mars_or_bust
I'm turning into Buffet - The richer I get, the cheaper I get... I don't want to see my account value go down for anything. I said I would buy a Roadster when I hit a much lower target than I'm at now, but I just can't pull the trigger! :confused:
Same. I think that's moving from a "poor" mindset (I want to buy stuff) to a "rich" mindset (I want my wealth to grow). My roadster buying target was somewhere below this, now it's 1k but decent chance that moves up as well.