Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla, TSLA & the Investment World: the Perpetual Investors' Roundtable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
As requested I like to inform that I decided to publish at Fully Charged Show.

Like and follow them for a long time.

More news to come.
P.S. I left Cleantechnica
German electric car surge suggests Tesla threatened; but is it really? - Fully Charged Show
It will be interesting to see if you can do the British Humor/perspective. I'd watch that guy review vegetables.

EDIT: After reading the article I believe you are capable of writing scripts for Fully Charged. I could just imagine the host saying this with tongue in cheek.
"Germany is a country of great poets and we as a nation have never been shy to invent useful new words and terminology if needed and the intention was not always to make something clearer but sometimes to hide information. Konzentrationslager is just one example, Abschalteinrichtung (a switch-off device for cheating device) are just two examples of many I could list. A saying from the consulting business ‘if you can’t convince – confuse’ unfortunately applies for the German definition of an EV that includes a combustion engine and vehicles that drive mainly with it. Of course, there are examples of citizens that drive most of the time with the battery of their Hybrid but they are exceptions and not the average."

Last edited:
VW's CEO Diess started a Twitter account yesterday according to Bloomberg

Here's the short article in full for those who run up against a paywall. Notable that Diess mentions Musk in his first ever tweet.

"In a year when Tesla Inc. is taking on German carmakers in their backyard, it’s only fitting that Volkswagen AG’s chief executive officer is returning fire on Elon Musk’s home turf: Twitter.

Herbert Diess made his debut on the social media network Wednesday, writing in his first tweet that VW was coming after Tesla’s market share and already winning the battle for buyers in Europe.
Herbert Diess
@Herbert_Diess

·
Jan 20

Hello
@Twitter
! I’m here to make an impact with
@VWGroup
, especially on political issues. And, of course, to get some of your market shares,
@elonmusk
– after all, our ID.3 and e-tron have won the first markets in Europe. Looking forward to productive discussions!

It’s likely Diess, 62, was merely having a little fun with Musk, 49. The two have been friendly with one another for years, with Tesla’s CEO tweeting in September 2019 that Diess was 'doing more than any big carmaker to go electric.'

In September of last year, Diess gave Musk a test drive of VW’s ID.3 electric car when Tesla’s boss visited the factory the company is constructing near Berlin."

Also notable that he makes no mention of actually having an impact in the sustainable transportation sphere. --sigh--

Last edited:
According to the latest Shanghai video from Wu Wa the factory will not close down the full Chinese New Year. Giving some workers the chance to earn double or triple pay for working holidays. Four days will be used for equipment maintenance.

Also from watching the video, doesn't look like the eastern extension is being set up for new construction. Looks more like they have moved all construction offices and workers accommodations there to make room to build the last of phase 2 (or is it 2.5)? Might still be used for parking as well.

View attachment 629019
Man, look at those spikes at 900, 910, and 920. 13k, 12k, and 13k respectively.

It's gone up since yesterday.

upload_2021-1-21_6-20-18.png

Sorry if this has been asked already, but do we have the 1/15 update on TSLA short interest yet? There was a very interesting spike from 45M to 61M on the Dec 31st report, and we have Fact Checker's thesis of "disappearing short interest" as part of this convertible bonds unwind(that I'm not really clear on).

In fairness to me, it would be easier to see if it had been discussed if there weren't 60,000 OT posts in the last week!

Possible big advantage for Tesla in EU emissions credits etc vs legacy with dealers

"emissions data will be based upon actual registrations, not production" - registration probably different in each EU country.

Registered sale might be counted if car is at dealer OR in some countries, only if goes to end customer.

The VWs at dealers might not ALL count.

Some posts about Swiss ID3 resales - half of all sold in Switzerland up for sale.

https://twitter.com/meckimac/status/1351815636465426433

"The VW ID3 was the 3rd most sold EV in Switzerland in Q4/2020 with 698 registrations after the @tesla Model 3 and the @Groupe_Renault Zoe.

What's a bit troublesome is the big number of ID3s that are available for sale on @AutoScout24_ch: 392. That's more than 50% of all ID3s."

I'm not familiar with that auto listing site but I would assume most of the ID3 listings are simply VW dealerships that list their new stock on-line for better exposure.

If that's not the case, then :eek:.

According to the latest Shanghai video from Wu Wa the factory will not close down the full Chinese New Year. Giving some workers the chance to earn double or triple pay for working holidays. Four days will be used for equipment maintenance.

Also from watching the video, doesn't look like the eastern extension is being set up for new construction. Looks more like they have moved all construction offices and workers accommodations there to make room to build the last of phase 2 (or is it 2.5)? Might still be used for parking as well.

That’s the Tesla way; the mission scoffs at traditional holidays and climate change doesn’t take a day off.

Pretty much. Higher volume on the rise up with lower volume during the consolidation period. Pretty much as healthy of a consolidation period as you can ask for.
This does feel eerily familiar. Absurdly low volume most days, but MM's not getting much traction on their pushdown efforts. Everything feels super tight. Great foundation for a blowout earnings/guidance report followed by 50M Robinhood bros getting handed $1400.

There's also the trillions of dollars waiting on the sidelines for some form of return. I don't see how any of the current factors lead to selling TSLA.

Unfathomable we're at $4200 pre-split, but it's STILL kinda silly to sell TSLA. If my $1300 sold calls get exercised this summer, I'm not entirely sure how I'll feel. If they get exercised NEXT summer, I'm getting the feeling I might feel mild regret. Will dry my tears with wads of c-notes.

Back to consolidation.....

Last edited: