Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla, TSLA & the Investment World: the Perpetual Investors' Roundtable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Didn't Elon mention how the steering wheel will disappear?
It looks about 40% of it has...
(I can see how as FSD becomes the norm this style "wheel" can be "teloscoped" into the dash out of sight. For Emergency use only.
dims

Absolutely, and I think there is at least one car already doing this with a stowable steering wheel. Maybe it was a concept I saw, but I know I've seen it somewhere. Was it the Honda e? Maybe not. Anyway, I definitely see this type of stowable steering wheel coming with the advent of FSD and similar self-driving tech.

I'm Gen-X and I love this steering yoke! :D

Absolutely, and I think there is at least one car already doing this with a stowable steering wheel. Maybe it was a concept I saw, but I know I've seen it somewhere. Was it the Honda e? Maybe not. Anyway, I definitely see this type of stowable steering wheel coming with the advent of FSD and similar self-driving tech.

I'm Gen-X and I love this steering yoke! :D
It was on the original 2016 VW ID Concept car.

Sitting at the dealer right now. They were talking about an email that just went out. It seems if you had an S reservation you'll get the new S for $2k less.

They're getting a ton of calls asking about the situation. Unhappy people thus far. Doesn't matter in the grand scheme of things. They were talking cryptically to each other and I said "well worth the price increase!".
I had previously ordered a plaid, but now that there is a plaid+ for 2K more (2K more is from FSD increase from 8K to 10K) they honored the old price. Keep in mind though if you change anything like color they will not honor the previous price. 2K not much in the grand scheme of things though.

Am Gen-X. Can confirm love of yoke and if Elon adds cycling red horizontal light to front of car nose and voice-enabled smartwatch app, I will not be able to resist placing an order.
I'm either the oldest millennial or youngest gen X and I think I might like it. Mostly because the top of the wheel is always in the way of the instrument cluster.

GM plans to be carbon neutral by 2040, aspires to end tailpipe emissions by 2035

Title pretty much says it all - Mary Barra targeting 2035 to sell only BEVs, and 2040 for all production to be carbon neutral. They've talked about this before, but the dates are new.

Better late than never to get on the bandwagon. I hope they are successful -- the big 3 helped build America, and I will be rooting for them to succeed in transitioning, though I have my doubts as to how they can overcome their baggage.

Being public about how serious they (finally) are only helps the mission. So Diess and Barra can talk about "electrification" all they want; it only helps the mission.