Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla, TSLA & the Investment World: the Perpetual Investors' Roundtable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
And oh wise beyond wise (concerning the SEC) would the SEC be willing to allow Buffet to not have to disclose that for 3 months????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????

?
No seriously...Doesn't the SEC have to now say why?
Especially since it is not "obvious."

• Funny
Reactions: SpaceCash
Well, Chevron does pay good dividends. At least for now.

I sure as hell wouldn't buy stock in Chevron today, but Warren knows what he is doing I guess? o_O
Yup he knows what he is doing. Taking shareholders money to buy Chevron, making that dividend money while NOT giving it back to the shareholder. Berkshire Hathaway, the company that holds the most dividend paying stocks in history without giving an ounce of it to their shareholder. You can't lose.

Buffet, Buffet, Buffet.

Seriously, this is the guy that single-handedly destroyed the Solar market in Nevada in SolarCity days to make a buck and you guys were all expecting him to load up on Tesla. He is as old school fossil as you can get. He used to hang with the dinosaurs in his youth.

He wants to see 'value', high earnings and dividends. Buffett's investment style means he will plow into TSLA come 2030.

If this is what we were waiting for as a catalyst for the SP then we are definitely running on fumes, pun intended.

You all are starting to worry me.

My wife and I had steak for dinner on Nov 23 (when over $500).
We had steak and king crab legs for dinner tonight (over $600).
Not sure what we do when over $700... and how many days will it take?
The HSA should cover our Medicare payments for a few years (just started).
Yikes... My wife and I have rib eye steak when TSLA crosses another 100 dollar increment (at close). I did not know that TSLA went down. I guess beans and rice for dinner tonight. Or perhaps only count once when cross a 100 dollar increment.

A major Tesla investment, even now, could have cemented his goat status. Oh well. Ms. Woods, you are on deck.
Well, Chevron does pay good dividends. At least for now.

I sure as hell wouldn't buy stock in Chevron today, but Warren knows what he is doing I guess? o_O
Who wants to own a stock that's so bad that they have to pay you to hold it?:p

Last edited:

Definitely shame. Who has that much money, and decides to propagate up the oil industry? The number one long term threat to human health. It actually angers me.

Is not Warren friends with Bill? I want to see an interview with Mr. Gates, and the question be " What do you think of the worlds wealthiest people, for example your friend, Warren, investing and directly supporting the oil industry, and thereby delaying transition to renewable energy? Does that anger you that the rich, want to get richer at any cost?".

I saw a video, showing Warrens daily routine once. It might of been the documentary on Bill Gates. He starts of the day reading a variety of newspapers. It gave insight, into how he amassed his fortune. Same reason we are doing well here. It was an information advantage. He probably had the newspapers flown in daily, and pre-internet would have a huge advantage of knowing what was happening across the USA in different sectors. He continues to do that. But now anyone can do that. I have now lost any respect for that guy, and would never buy a Berkshire share.

Yikes... My wife and I have rib eye steak when TSLA crosses another 100 dollar increment (at close). I did not know that TSLA went down. I guess beans and rice for dinner tonight. Or perhaps only count once when cross a 100 dollar increment.

With a $40 Tesla per share cost basis we could do this every weekend.(but we don't). I did have a Jersey Mikes Philly cheese steak sandwich today with a 25% off coupon (JMIKES25)
Steak and Seafood - Morton's the Steakhouse

Last edited:
Camp mode, cold weather and Tesla’s future.

Looks like it will be 60 hours with no electricity in a freezing all electric house, it has been 40 hours already. It was 1 degree F this morning. -17C. They are not rolling the black outs. Or prioritizing neighborhoods where natural gas is not available.

I understand calling 211 will get you to a gym.

If you have a model 3 in the garage and cover the glass with packing blankets... camp mode will keep the car at 60F with the garage at 40F and outside at 8F all night for 35 miles of range.

Conclusions:
1) Camp mode works
2) I am happy the power is still in the car as it is an environmental escape pod.
3) Tesla stock should go up as the benefits of energy storage are demonstrated time and again.

Here you see Bella, the dog, and the camp mode screen many have never seen.

30C33FBC-385F-4B93-956F-72C6397B40C8.jpeg

EAB56F46-30DF-4A92-8B9A-7CDDACDE3FD4.png

Definitely shame. Who has that much money, and decides to propagate up the oil industry? The number one long term threat to human health. It actually angers me.

You’d think he’d invest in sustainabilty for his grandkids’ sake. But he disowned one and the other is on Toyota’s board of directors.

I can't take another 3 months of speculation. Please no.

Berkshire announcing they had taken a position in TSLA would give the share price a short-term goosing but it wouldn't change the fundamental value of the company, not even a little bit. Tesla is past the stage where that would even be helpful to anything other than your brokerage account balance which is just a number, not a holding. TSLA shares are not cash - the balance in your brokerage account is a somewhat synthetic derivative of your actual holding and is subject to change rapidly and dramatically in either direction.

Given this, the speculation doesn't bother me a bit because it doesn't matter to the true value of my holdings - it's more of a curiosity whether BH adapts with the times or not. To do so with TSLA would require a wholesale disruption in BH's investment philosophy and I would find that interesting. BH didn't invest in AAPL until the revenue stream had caught up with the valuation. It wasn't much of a stretch for BH considering their dominate position and the revenues. Granted, TSLA would have been a much better investment but it would have stretched BH's investment philosophy well past the limit. It's not that BH doesn't think TSLA would be a good investment - it's that that's not what their investors expect of them or how they operate. BH is desirable because it's safe and predictable.

Personally, unless BH changes their investment philosophy in a major way, I see TSLA's valuation remaining above that point at which they could buy in for at least most of the rest of this decade. But it's always nice to know they are there, cash ready, to take a huge position should valuations ever undergo a major correction.

Last edited:
I don't understand how DVA can be the big "mystery holding" for two reasons: first, BH has owned DVA since at least 2014 -->
Why Berkshire Owns $2.5 Billion of DVA Stock

And second, @FrankSG mentioned this in his blog: "According to this BI article, there is a $25B difference between the value of the portfolio Berkshire Hathaway declared in its 13F and its 10-Q ($220B vs $245B). In actuality, they declared $245.5B in their 10-Q and $229B in their 13F, a difference of $16.5B." DVA's entire market cap is only $11.4B (from a simple internet search).

I'm not the brightest bulb in the box, so please tell me what I'm missing

If nothing has been omitted from BRK's 13F this time, it looks like the mystery investment(s) was/were Chevron, Marsh&Mclennan, Verizon:

SEC FORM 13-F Information Table

Last edited:
Warren looking to quickly redistribute his wealth I guess.

/me goes to short Chevron . . .

He is playing 4D chess. You see, he is worried about Bernie possibly pushing through a wealth tax in the new Biden admin, so he wants to make sure he falls under the cutoff limit before it gets into effect ;)

Camp mode, cold weather and Tesla’s future.

Looks like it will be 60 hours with no electricity in a freezing all electric house, it has been 40 hours already. It was 1 degree F this morning. -17C. They are not rolling the black outs. Or prioritizing neighborhoods where natural gas is not available.

I understand calling 211 will get you to a gym.

If you have a model 3 in the garage and cover the glass with packing blankets... camp mode will keep the car at 60F with the garage at 40F and outside at 8F all night for 35 miles of range.

Conclusions:
1) Camp mode works
2) I am happy the power is still in the car as it is an environmental escape pod.
3) Tesla stock should go up as the benefits of energy storage are demonstrated time and again.

Here you see Bella, the dog, and the camp mode screen many have never seen.

View attachment 637380
View attachment 637383
"Nah...climate change is a myth." SMH

Dan