Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla, TSLA & the Investment World: the Perpetual Investors' Roundtable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
And this is why we here at TMC are collectively sitting on a mountain of gold, and that mountain will continue to grow taller. The 99% of people who follow Tesla/TSLA passively learn about Tesla the way you wrote - oh Tesla is ripping off cutomers/isn't to be trusted. We see that news for what it is and instead buy more shares based on the nuggets like the potential for 1 million cars in 2021 that the 99% of people never read. Rinse and repeat since 2010 and that's why we "joke" about buying islands...
Any uninformed investor I speak out of these forums are parroting what MSM FUD news or biased opinion pushing their employers agenda. Every time I hesitate to explain the details. However, someone investing based on media news is not worth the time anymore. They can go watch mad money and have fun listening to jim Cramer

This article doesn't address the fact that Waymo/Cruise also has cameras and also has a NN used for object recognition.

That's kind of like being critical of an article covering the best pickup trucks by saying, "well, a Radio Flyer wagon also has a bed, four wheels and a steering system. How come it's not a contender?"

1617062567120.png

The wagon is missing an engine, transmission and suspension. The other players in autonomous driving are missing the most important ingredient of a neural net learning system, namely, vast amounts of training data. Artificial intelligence doesn't rely on logic to work it's magic, it needs vast quantities of data covering every conceivable situation (and many situations that are not conceivable). Only Tesla has that key ingredient.

Tesla fell behind early and was unable to make up the deficit despite a few runs here and there for their second consecutive loss. Compared to most days, there was only a 20 point spread today, which is really narrow for the home team. It appears that many fans are staying away and waiting for the Q1 results. Optimistic fans may view this as an opportunity to load up on some tickets at discount prices thanks to unfaithful fans jumping off the bandwagon.

Today
Score: 611.29
Margin of W/L: -7.42
Attendance: 28,625,501

Season
Record: 28-31
Total margin in wins: 680.21
Total margin in losses: -774.59
YTD gain/loss: -94.38 -13.37%
Avg margin of victory: 24.29
Avg margin of defeat: -24.99
Best Win: 110.58 2021-03-09
Worst Loss: -68.83 2021-01-11
Last 10: 4-6
Streak: L2
Avg Attendance: 38,953,300
Avg Attendance of Last 10: 36,466,137

Volkswagen changing their name to voltswagon

In a research note, Deutsche Bank analyst Tim Rokossa noted this name change is worth at least $40 billion to VW's market value. "It fundamentally alters the way people think about Fahrvergnügen", he added.

Wheel of Fortune's Pat Sajak commented "I had no idea a consonant could be worth so much."

/s

Last edited:
I was wondering - when was the last time Cathie did by some TSLA? Argument for: she thinks it's a $3000 and it's on sale. Argument against: she's overweight TSLA and it limits her liquidity.
I think it was about 3 weeks ago at around the $630 price. Maxed out 3 of her funds to just over 10%.

She mentioned that they would pick up more if the price deteriorates further.

Last edited:
  • Helpful
Reactions: Tim S and phantasms
That's kind of like being critical of an article covering the best pickup trucks by saying, "well, a Radio Flyer wagon also has a bed, four wheels and a steering system. How come it's not a contender?"

View attachment 649112

The wagon is missing an engine, transmission and suspension. The other players in autonomous driving are missing the most important ingredient of a neural net learning system, namely, vast amounts of training data. Artificial intelligence doesn't rely on logic to work it's magic, it needs vast quantities of data covering every conceivable situation (and many situations that are not conceivable). Only Tesla has that key ingredient.
Gary Black thinks it is only 3-5 years behind Tesla.

View attachment 649112

The article mentions that Lidar based systems cannot see objects or street signs WHICH IS A BIG ASS DEAL if competitors didn't have a camera, but they do. The other players are not missing anything if they want to stick to a localized area. They don't need any Tesla's key ingredient as Waymo is already at L4 in geofenced area. Tesla's key ingredients sole purpose is to be able to scale faster and cheaply. Mountains of data is obviously NOT needed unless those are your goals. There's a huge difference between monetizing transport via robotaxies and generalized autonomy. You can start monetizing transporti via robotaxies way before generalized autonomy, which is the route Waymo is choosing. Tesla is in no hurry as they already monetized autonomy in the form of pre-orders.

Last edited:
Reactions: asburgers
I’d say this is clearly the banks fault. But Tesla’s taking flack for it. This happens more often than people probably realize but it’s getting more attention because it’s a big ticket item. Same would happen to GM and Ford and all the other legacy auto companies... if it was possible to buy a car from them online in 5 minutes, which it’s not.

Especially enjoy the "Tesla refuse to give my money back even though they admitted it". The Tesla I bought had a dead person in the trunk, believe it was a short seller. Cnbc should contact me about it. There's always that one person that Fs it up for the shorts. Always go one step further from a ..okay this could happen to..wtf?

Especially enjoy the "Tesla refuse to give my money back even though they admitted it". The Tesla I bought had a dead person in the trunk, believe it was a short seller. Cnbc should contact me about it. There's always that one person that Fs it up for the shorts. Always go one step further from a ..okay this could happen to..wtf?
Same thing happened to me when I bought my S in 2019. Clearly an opportunity for improvement but hardly newsworthy.

Nothing to see here. Move along.

• Informative
Reactions: AimStellar