Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla, TSLA & the Investment World: the Perpetual Investors' Roundtable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
It isn't "just one car payment", it is one payment for the entire car. So we are talking $40-100k here. (Though in some case it could just be double of the down payment that would be in the $2-10k, but that still isn't "just one car payment".)
There is mention that one of them have not received their vehicle yet. What I don't get is why these payments were processed far in advance.

I always just bring a bank draft with me on the day of delivery.

Reactions: Cherry Wine
1617055499837.png

Lets take a second to think about this.....even the 'dumbest' Tesla employee would not say something like this....so let's take the word of 'salty Slattery' and publish it in another 'hit' piece.

CNBC is pushing as a "breaking news" alert a story by everyones favourite CNBC Tesla troll (Lora Kolodny) about a few people getting double charged for their new Tesla, who aren't happy with it taking a few days to get the double charge refunded.

That's it, that's the whole story. CNBC deemed a few customers mildly put out by a payment error as important enough to send out as a breaking news alert to millions of phones.
Interesting that CNBC considers this front page news, but Elon telling employees they're targeting 1 million deliveries this year not news at all. I wonder if Lora would be reporting on it if he had said the target was 600k..

Just as it did early this month, the 150-day simple moving average proved supportive on Friday and today. The algobots follow such basic technical signs, whether you do or not.

The sharp but brief dip today beneath $600 occurred in the middle of the first hour of trading. That may have been selling by weak longs more concerned about lowered quarterly delivery expectations than long-term prospects for the company. Then there was a slow and bumpy rise throughout the rest of the session, despite an uptrend in the 10-year treasury rate.

Now we await Biden's infrastructure speech on Wednesday, with the strong possibility of him referencing green energy and electric vehicles.
Has anyone said if the move to share superchargers might be in an effort to get infrastructure funding? Elon is very good at lining up grants and it will be easier to get them if anyone can use a supercharger.

I think the first point as well. We debate FSD timelines and efficacy as they directly relate to future income and cash flows, which are reflected in today's share price.

I get that most are stressed with the recent price movements - myself included as large daily losses are difficult to stomach. These past two months have been very unkind to my portfolio in general. But let's give each other some leeway to have a little bit of fun and interesting topics of the day. This is simply my opinion so feel free to do govern yourself as you wish.

View attachment 649074

Looming finance charges on credit card bills?? Wait..they mentioned ACH and looming finance charges on cc bills? You can't charge the entire purchase on a credit card the last time i checked.

Well, if someone takes an extra $100k from your checking account you might no longer have the money to pay your credit card bills that are coming due... Which then could result in finance charges you would have avoided had you been able to pay it off in time.

~~~Two housekeeping points and a final one taking just about all participants to task for...read and find out -

1. As some have pointed out, FSD, L5 and so on discussion that does not directly relate to Tesla's balance sheet, income statement and the stock market ===>DIRECTLY<===, mind you, does not belong here. There has been high-quality input from others elsewhere: get out of this rut and read other threads, forums, knowledgeable articles!

2. There has been a blitheringly moronic amount of posts regarding updates of the Evergreen NeverNever. STOP assuming that this forum's participants - any of them - aren't also able to learn of such Hot Topic items. Summary: consider that topic docked and unloaded.

3. I am truly disappointed that every single participant over the past 72 or so hours - either by commission or omission - has failed to understand (commission) or take to task (omission) that with Mr Musk tweeting (verbatim now):
I think there is a >0% chance that Tesla could be the biggest company just EXACTLY what ">0% chance" means (In fact, early on in that palaver there may have been 1 or 2 who correctly ran with it. But still). It does not mean ANYTHING at all! I can just as appropriately write "I think there is a >0% chance that no vapid posts will be present in this thread over the next 10 days". 0.000000000000001% is, indeed, >0. Yeah. Right. Summary: stop embarrassing yourselves and this thread.
Yeah, I always figured that tweet was a joke on Elon’s part, but jeez, everyone here got so excited I didn’t have the heart to say anything.

Also starting to feel like 2021 is going to be a repeat of 2020 in terms of the stock action. Not the same percentages of course....that's not going to happen. But the general trend of fear/confusion in Q1. Rebounds after Q1 P/D numbers come out. Around end of Q2, everyone realizes Tesla's true goal for P/D for 2021 and then another jump in valuation. Followed by FSD/Subscription catalyst at end of Q3/early Q4 for another step up in valuation.
I must steal one of @Artful Dodger ‘s memes:

FC7E113B-52DD-447C-A929-3F5A1FA41EE9.jpeg

Last edited:
Sounds like these people have bigger problems and shouldn’t be buying a new car in the first place if one car payment can derail their entire financial situation....

Edit: @MP3Mike says this is for the entire car payment. Not sure about that....
Thread about it in the model Y forum if you haven't seen it. It's happening to quite a few people.

Thread about it in the model Y forum if you haven't seen it. It's happening to quite a few people.

Just looked, I don't see that many people. There were like 2....

Interesting that CNBC considers this front page news, but Elon telling employees they're targeting 1 million deliveries this year not news at all. I wonder if Lora would be reporting on it if he had said the target was 600k..
And this is why we here at TMC are collectively sitting on a mountain of gold, and that mountain will continue to grow taller. The 99% of people who follow Tesla/TSLA passively learn about Tesla the way you wrote - oh Tesla is ripping off cutomers/isn't to be trusted. We see that news for what it is and instead buy more shares based on the nuggets like the potential for 1 million cars in 2021 that the 99% of people never read. Rinse and repeat since 2010 and that's why we "joke" about buying islands...

Just looked, I don't see that many people. There were like 2....
I found three. A couple of notable posts:

1) This poster advises the simple way for the consumer to dispute the charges: Tesla Double-Charging for Purchases ?

2) This poster clarifies that it's likely not the merchant (Tesla), but an unrelated 3rd party service called Plaid: Double-charged by Tesla?

Both clarify why a Tesla employee might have suggested calling the bank. Stupid FUD articles.