Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla, TSLA & the Investment World: the Perpetual Investors' Roundtable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
If the toyota deal goes through it will be a breakthrough in the automotive industry and another act of disruption.
And I'll just pat myself on the back (Us ants can easily do that) for mentioning yesterday how this was a possible scenario if FSD is seen as unattainable by other car companies, AND the biggest, easiest revenue stream for Tesla..becoming the Microsoft of transportation. Software merchant with HUGE profit margin.

Lower costs? Toyota pays Tesla for the software........of which most of the work has already been done, while Toyota get's the low margin manufacturing part. Seems like Toyota would be paying Tesla for it's software and electronics, so mostly straight profit. The electronics would most likely be the FSD hardware and the camera/sensor suite. Seems like a win-win for Tesla
Seriously doubt toyota has lower cost motor, battery and BMS. This only makes sense if toyota wants to make a short range city car, which Tesla has zero interest in.

Btw if this is true and if the agreement is essentially Toyota paying Tesla license and royalty fees for it's FSD software and the electronics that go with it.......this greatly increases the odds that Tesla becomes the de facto Autonomy provider. Getting Toyota on their "platform" would be huge. It would cement them as a software provider of probably the most valuable piece of software for the next 20-30 years and it would increase their data collection, furthering their lead in autonomy

Seriously doubt toyota has lower cost motor, battery and BMS. This only makes sense if toyota wants to make a short range city car, which Tesla has zero interest in.

I don't think that's what is being proposed. Maybe I'm interpreting it differently than others but this seems like a deal where Tesla is being paid for providing software and the electronics that go with that software as well as helping the implementation of said electronics into the car platform. The software no doubt being Autopilot/FSD. Tesla could care less what Toyota does with the cars...what type of batteries they put in it, how efficient the motor is, etc.....That's for Toyota to deal with.

Lower costs? Toyota pays Tesla for the software........of which most of the work has already been done, while Toyota get's the low margin manufacturing part. Seems like Toyota would be paying Tesla for it's software and electronics, so mostly straight profit. The electronics would most likely be the FSD hardware and the camera/sensor suite. Seems like a win-win for Tesla
This.

The margin for Tesla selling software to another OEM approaches 100%. This is the ideal way for Tesla to pad profits. I'm pretty sure Tesla collects all the data.

We aren't talking Hyundai or Subaru here. This is Toyota!

I sure hope this is true. Can't wait for the exact details.

I don't really get what Toyota brings to the table other than the ability to manufacture it faster than Tesla could if they had to build another factory.

Branding, best in class build quality, cash? Obviously Tesla doesn't need the cash per se, but they have a lot of irons in the fire.

I don't think that's what is being proposed. Maybe I'm interpreting it differently than others but this seems like a deal where Tesla is being paid for providing software and the electronics that go with that software as well as helping the implementation of said electronics into the car platform. The software no doubt being Autopilot/FSD. Tesla could care less what Toyota does with the cars...what type of batteries they put in it, how efficient the motor is, etc.....That's for Toyota to deal with.
Yeah I think if real it's along these lines, perhaps including battery tech. Imagine if Toyota licensed Tesla's battery/software stack. Toyota would become the #2 EV tech supplier in the world overnight.

The market thinks Tesla has the best software/technology and Toyota is the best manufacturer, so the market will view this as a match made in heaven. Could be exciting times for any TSLA shareholders who happen to be here.
One of the few times I agree with Mr. Market.

If this is how Tesla finally breaks into the Japan market, I'm totally fine with it.

The market thinks Tesla has the best software/technology and Toyota is the best manufacturer, so the market will view this as a match made in heaven. Could be exciting times for any TSLA shareholders who happen to be here.
Return your seat back trays to their full and upright position.
Check you seat belts.
Prepare for takeoff.
🚀 💎🙌

or...

this is a particularly cruel April Fools joke /s
(in a Fractured Fairy Tales dual-title way)

Last edited:
I swear if the stock takes off on this news before I can buy my short term calls in the morning........
I just texted a buddy who is in TSLA. Just this morning we had a conversation about the risk he was taking by selling short term covered calls. Now he is wondering if those shares will disappear.

I just texted a buddy who is in TSLA. Just this morning we had a conversation about the risk he was taking by selling short term covered calls. Now he is wondering if those shares will disappear.

Your friend must be sweating bullets with this news + Biden Infrastructure plans detailed on Wed + possible (but very small chance) of Q1 P/D numbers coming out the morning of Thursday

This.

The margin for Tesla selling software to another OEM approaches 100%. This is the ideal way for Tesla to pad profits. I'm pretty sure Tesla collects all the data.

We aren't talking Hyundai or Subaru here. This is Toyota!

I sure hope this is true. Can't wait for the exact details.
What was it that @Singuy or @StarFoxisDown! or some other member stated their inside connection said? Something about "it's so obvious but no one is talking about it" and being super excited? Could this be it?

Last edited:
Volkswagen changing their name to voltswagon

... and in German, the letter "v" is pronounced like the English "f" sound.

So by 2025, VWAG will change it's name to "Faultswagon".

h/t to 10K new Programmers, yet to be hired...

Thank-you, I'm here all week (tip yer waiters) :p

Attachments

• 216EE4BB-D742-4B8C-94AF-B4EA6F42292D.jpeg
    216EE4BB-D742-4B8C-94AF-B4EA6F42292D.jpeg
    62.7 KB · Views: 58