Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla, TSLA & the Investment World: the Perpetual Investors' Roundtable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Can someone please post Gordo's twitter post if he posts? A lot of us, including myself have been blocked for no apparent reason :)
1617375155200.png

slightly misleading
Source:

I’m just a stiff-collared, puritanical, atrabilious pinchfart of a forum moderator who would NEVER stoop to making jokes at a time like this

BUT

if that weren’t the case

and even more, if I weren’t more than just a little worried of snooping newsbots or journalists taking items posted here and running with them

THEN

I might post the following while using real numbers instead of codes guaranteed to confound those with the IQ of a journalist:

”Company X’s auto division posted 1Q deliveries of Y vehicles at $Y per vehicle and sales revenue of $2Y.”

Yes, I’m looking at you, Neal Boudette.

Astounding number, I guess we can expect 1M guidance on the 1Q call. Hopefully not. Hopefully this new under-promising system from Zack has them set guidance to 880k.

A little annoyed I deleveraged somewhat early Thursday. Ah well, still have a few calls active that should 10x.

Price action yesterday was borderline insanity, so I assume we tsunami up to $750 right quick early next week. If we're even remotely flat at the open I'm selling shares into LEAPs. Can't image that's possible.

To keep all this in perspective, $750 is right around where all this (I assume) shorting started 40 days ago. So a massive unwinding to $800+ shouldn't be too surprising.

I’ve been highly leveraged with only a quarter of my “keeper” shares left, having converted the rest to tranches of medium term calls (June through Jan ‘22) when we were in the 500s.

I’ve sold aggressive CCs against them, but have only a few short Apr 16 ones left at 750 since the rise has been gradual. I’d planned on selling some 750s or 770s for next week if we got our $699 close yesterday, but obviously that didn’t happen.

So, instead I bought a slew of Apr 9 680 calls for $15 at the close (well, 20 contracts, which is a slew of weeklies for me). My trading account has a very healthy delta (and a super-negative theta) so I’m ready for a sharp rise.

I didn’t understand the price action yesterday with the all-day selling and the macros looking good (and currently the QQQ is 4% below it’s ATH, while TSLA is 26%), so I went with the contrarian play. Depending on how next week unfolds, those calls may essentially pay for my Plaid X, and contribute to Q2 deliveries.

If we can muscle back up to the 800s by earnings, I’ll deleverage and rotate back into shares. I’m sure it won’t go exactly to plan that easily, but that’s fine too. Regardless, Team Tesla get my thanks for their literally difficult-to-believe execution. 👏

Now that it's the weekend as far as stocks are concerned, can someone explain why fear of inflation/rise of treasury bills hit growth stocks so much over the last month? I mean, I'm all in Tesla (cuz I'm not stoopid ;)) but I don't see why it would hurt Tesla so much more than standard companies that just aren't growing very much.

Who knows. The standard line that the fin-media feeds you about it just being inflation worries is wrong and complete BS.

Hedge fund, new scheme, over leverage, default, kablooey. Rinse, repeat.

Remember last September? 20% tech correction? It was essentially all due to Softbank unwinding their overleverage. Market went back up very quickly so everyone forgot and moved on. This one will probably be the same.

The GME/wsb crowd is on to what’s going on with Citadel. I’m not going to link any of it but there’s some decent sleuthing and dot-connecting. And surprise! It leads to the same thing - overleverage that borders on catastrophic failure of the entire system. So what are these large entities to do if the literal health of the market is dependent on their massive short bet NOT going completely south?

The recent treasury stuff is just more of the same. We’re bystanders caught in the crossfire of the dangerous and irresponsible games these cats play.

I expect the earnings call will be on Wednesday the 28th of April.
Over the past few years, earnings calls have been held on the 4th Wed for Q4 reports (Jan), and the 3rd Wed for Q1-3 reports(Apr, Jul, Oct). Q1 takes an extra week due to the Annual report.

So I expect the 2021 Q1 Earnings Call will be on Wed, Apr 21, 2021.

Cheers!

Last edited:
I’m just a stiff-collared, puritanical, atrabilious pinchfart of a forum moderator so I would NEVER stoop to making jokes at a time like this

BUT

if that weren’t the case

and even more, if I weren’t more than just a little worried of snooping newsbots or journalists taking items posted here and running with them

THEN

I might post the following while using real numbers instead of the codes guaranteed to confound those with the IQ of a journalist:

”Company X’s auto division posted 1Q deliveries of Y vehicles at $Y per vehicle and sales revenue of $2Y.”

Yes, I’m looking at you, Neal Boudette.

I just cancelled my (online) NYT subscription - I was not having much use for it anyway now that the elections and its fallout are over - and on the cancellation form made clear that Neal Boudette's bias against Tesla was the cause. That a journalist can tweet the things he does and still call himself a journalist is an affront to journalism (which I say as a former journalist). I also informed him of my cancellation.

Do we have any confirmation on the capacity of the new S&X line? Everyone expects 100k per year, but why? i would expect much more demand for the new SnX. I would not be surprised if they go for 200k to 300k.

Elon mentioned that they're going to start doing 2 shifts again because of the strong demand. So by Q3, we could see them up to 25k/quarter again

Do we have any confirmation on the capacity of the new S&X line? Everyone expects 100k per year, but why?

Because that is what Tesla said the capacity is.

i would expect much more demand for the new SnX. I would not be surprised if they go for 200k to 300k.

There might be that much demand, but there isn't that much capacity. (Both the battery cell and vehicle production capacity are way below that.)