Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla, TSLA & the Investment World: the Perpetual Investors' Roundtable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Man the feeling to be right on your gut and research when almost everyone including tesla bulls were doom and gloom over this quarter. So glad I decided to play short term calls for next week and didn't get weak hands over the last couple of days to sell them for quick gains. I even added a couple 750 April 9th Calls in the last hour of trading yesterday.

Are we going to start guessing how high the stock goes on Monday? Like I'm wondering if 800/share is possible. It's only a 20% gain

Estimates on where this run that begins on Monday may take us to?

If macros behave (they seem inclined to at this point) the ATH should be in play in fairly short order.

The corollary to this beat is that Tesla seems to definitely put 1M deliveries in play for this year. Projections can easily show 1.5 million on a conservative basis for 2022. This is simply astounding.

I am thinking a multi day run of the like that all of us have already seen on this board.

Anyone want to counter, because I fear that I cannot come up with bad stuff right now (this only for my short term plays. 98% of my TSLA holdings are in long term accounts that are essentially untouched outside of additions for about five years).

Congrats to everyone BTW! Cannot believe the company I was buying product from and investing in in 2013 has actually come to this point and is still ramping and crushing the competition. Disruption is a helluva drug.

Man the feeling to be right on your gut and research when almost everyone including tesla bulls were doom and gloom over this quarter. So glad I decided to play short term calls for next week and didn't get weak hands over the last couple of days to sell them for quick gains. I even added a couple 750 April 9th Calls in the last hour of trading yesterday.

Are we going to start guessing how high the stock goes on Monday? Like I'm wondering if 800/share is possible. It's only a 20% gain

You should be celebrating! Congrats!

You have created your own rewards and deserve them.

Think you may be right about 800 in play on Monday. I am planning on risking some serious short term skin. Any hope for an MMD? 🤣 🤣 🤣

GoJo and I were right all along! Most of y'all had no faith and just copied Troy's homework. Please join me in congratulating him on his first tiprank star...which should be coming sometime...
Gordo is only right when he is trying to act optimistic to sabotage stock. What a joke! But seriously, that should be his strategy, do the opposite of himself.

There should be an immediate spike and then it will take a couple of days for analysts to crunch their numbers giving the big money confidence to keep pushing it up. This could be the catalyst we've been waiting for to get back into the $800's again, possibly by earnings.

Yeah the earliest expiring calls I still have bought on the big dip are July and I do wanna sell those off on the spike this should bring, just a question of optimal time... Monday spike? Wait a few days for a multiday rally? Sell right before earnings as we get a rally the whole way there then sell on news?

(I've also got TONS of dip-bought calls expiring in December, think I'm probably gonna hold those a bit longer though :) )

I agree the cell manufacturing section is likely to have two lines. This is based on nothing more than the foundation layout where there are two identical sections for heavy foundations, which presumably are for heavy components in each line.

If the two lines are producing just enough cells for projected Model Y volume it does open up the question around where CyberTruck cells will be manufactured. There's a couple of options:

I seem to recall Elon/Tesla saying that because of the FCF, and how much cash they have on hand, they can now build things as big as they need them to be in the future instead of building them small and then increasing the capacity as things ramp. So I suspect the cell capacity at GigaTexas will be sized to be big enough for the Model Y, Cybertruck, and Semi.

I bought 4xApril 9 $690 calls early last week for $7.25. Sold 1 on Friday to cover most of my costs but decided to keep the other 3 in hope of a knock out P&D. I'm looking forward to the run up to next Friday!

I expect the earnings call will be on Wednesday the 28th of April. So I'll be looking at some OTM April 30th calls to play the rise into earnings. Possibly $750 calls but I'll see how high it rises before market open on Monday.

I bought 4xApril 9 $690 calls early last week for $7.25. Sold 1 on Friday to cover most of my costs but decided to keep the other 3 in hope of a knock out P&D. I'm looking forward to the run up to next Friday!

I expect the earnings call will be on Wednesday the 28th of April. So I'll be looking at some OTM April 30th calls to play the rise into earnings. Possibly $750 calls but I'll see how high it rises before market open on Monday.

Diamond Hands (HODL)
Diamond Stomachs (play short term Options ) ;) ... I didn't have the guts, so closed short term, bought shares and then converted to Leaps on the dip EOD yesterday.

Earnings should be crazy right? Quite a few price increases and it feels like fewer price cuts and all on much greater than anticipated sales. Wowser.

Reactions: capster and dww12
Awww, these poor "journalists" are just so mad that Tesla doesn't kiss their a** and give them special treatment anymore.

crybabies.JPG

If Tesla were to actually deliver 170k this quarter, it would mean a near 100k month of March (more than 2x February) if we take this tracker to actually be Global sales through February.

That would be astonishing.
There we have it... a ~110k delivery month... annualizes to over 1.2M of deliveries.

All those rumors that what people have underestimated is delivery figures are seeming to have a lot more credibility.

1M deliveries in 2021 seeming increasingly probable.