Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla, TSLA & the Investment World: the Perpetual Investors' Roundtable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I was just thinking that it was kind of weird how Elon didn’t give this latest fsd update that he just shared on Twitter when he was on the conference call. It’s like he wants institutional investor to think its ways away but to his loyal fans he’s letting us know it’s coming real soon. It makes sense with him giving all these random clues like everything to the moon and Tesla will be the largest company soon. I for one am very bullish about all of this.

wipster said:
You know I just realized that Elon's SNL hosting day is May 8th, a very famous holiday! Wonder if any skits will reference it?
World Red Cross Day ? I don't expect that to be a thing on SNL.

----------------------------------------------

Perhaps wipster is referring to International Outdoor Intercourse Day

Hooray, Hooray for the 8th of May!

I was just thinking that it was kind of weird how Elon didn’t give this latest fsd update that he just shared on Twitter when he was on the conference call. It’s like he wants institutional investor to think its ways away but to his loyal fans he’s letting us know it’s coming real soon. It makes sense with him giving all these random clues like everything to the moon and Tesla will be the largest company soon. I for one am very bullish about all of this.

It takes Tesla weeks to train their NN. It's possible that a new NN model was just deployed on their test fleet, and they had a meeting about it today.

Game over! When you're building charging infrastructure in Tasmania, what worlds are left to conquer?

It takes Tesla weeks to train their NN. It's possible that a new NN model was just deployed on their test fleet, and they had a meeting about it today.
That may be but that would be a huge breakthrough. The timing of all this and what’s is going on is just too suspicious. God I love the suspense it’s giving me. When fsd hits it’s going to change the world.

cliffski said:
I've long thought we need a practical FUD_fighting thread here. Posts would be nothing more than links to easily upvoted/commented articles / tweets that the folks here can add their virtual weight to. Posts where people are asking honest opinions on issues surrounding EVs, or where people are being attacked by FUDsters on twitter/facebook/reddit wherever.

Most of us have actual day jobs, and not enough time to go searching for these battles, but up/downvoting appropriate posts and comments is trivial for me if people link to them from an uncluttered, easily viewed thread of such content.
TMC has a lot of members, we should focus our efforts. tweets and retweets are free :D
New thread:
Help Fight the FUD

These kind of posts here: I find myself having a bit of a problem with them every time I see them.
Yes, they show us the fud, the laziness of journalists (to put it mildly), etc.
But just as well they lure us to click on them and read them anyway.
Which is exactly what they want us to do, providing them with clicks.
So in my opinion it is advisable to hold a bit back on posting these links to fud and bad journalism.
Really, we know very, very well they are there and that they will keep on coming.
In my case I respond to the Tweet about how misleading it is

But I agree, maybe not the place for all this - a thread of "current FUD" where those of us inclined to do so could help fight the good fight, that would be useful

That may be but that would be a huge breakthrough. The timing of all this and what’s is going on is just too suspicious. God I love the suspense it’s giving me. When fsd hits it’s going to change the world.
I won't be surprised to see SP not moving much for a while after FSD beta release.
Partly, it might take time for many to realize how much better it can get further from that version.
And, I would be surprised, if there isn't more FUD against FSD once the limited beta is out.

Of course, as a HODLer, I don't care much about the FUD, although less of it is always better for everyone, and am eagerly looking forward for the FSD beta :cool:

VAG has expanded their parking lots, and they have now delivered in Europe 2xTesla YTD.

View attachment 657830
Something fishy here, first of all, there are 44 countries in Europe, not 11

Secondly, someone posted yesterday numbers showing 38k Model 3 delivered YTD in Europe

So what's the source of this?

Apologies if this has been posted already. I have been reading but so many posts...

This I believe is one of the Chinese Government dailies. It sounds like pure FUD, with no hard facts outside of 'analysts say', but perhaps it is indicative of the CCP becoming prickly with Tesla? Would this explain the action to a degree the past couple of days? Personally, I do not buy that Chinese buyers would be turned off by this. OTOH, FUD is FUD. And China is important...
I am not sure how much of an impact this would have on Chinese buyers, not sure how high nationalistic views are among Chinese these days. I hope the impact would not be significant to have any impact on projected sales in China.
More than changes in the perception of the potential customers, I see this as a negative from the perspective of CCP's current position on Tesla, given how unfairly influential the Chinese government is.

Exactly. The volume today was pitiful. PITIFUL I say! A month ago typical daily volume was 50-60 million shares... This is really frustrating. Hoping it's a kind of calm before the storm thing?
P/E < 1000 leads to some buying?

I vaguely remember reading about some funds not buying because of P/E > 1000, and they would consider buying once the P/E falls.
Does anyone here have any thoughts on this? Should we anticipate in some uptick in volumes the next few days?

This was claimed to have a very significant and rapid effect on warming. Is it overstated?

In any case, CH4 plumes can be detected from satellite with 50m resolution. Combined with wind profiles, these can pinpoint the culprits.
CH4 is indeed way more potent as a greenhouse gas than CO2, but whereas CO2 stays in the atmosphere for thousands of years, CH4 degrades after 10. This is why CH4 from cows is an overstated issue (and CO2 a non-issue). Assuming the global herd doesn't increase too much, the total emissions are in a steady-state. Of course if you could reduce the herd or use technology to decrease their emissions, it would benefit the bigger picture

As per CO2 though, indeed, releasing new stores of methane is incredibly damaging short term, and doubly-so as the global warming it accelerates leads to permafrost melting which then releases even more and the impact escalates

Whatever you might read - and the fossil fuel industry is very clever at pointing the finger elsewhere - the trouble we find ourselves in now is totally down to the release of previously sequestered carbon into our atmosphere

So yes, it's very important to regulate this

Last edited:
Based on ship load, are we on par or exceeding other quarters so far? You don't see any production issues right?

Exceeding! According to Tesla Carriers Tesla are already at 13 car carriers, which is the same as last quarter. That only goes up to 19th May, and there were 3 car carriers after 19th Feb, so possibly 3 more ships not yet on the spreadsheet.

Added a few more quotes:

TS 1:38:42
Q: Can Tesla make a 25 K car?
A: Yes!
(Some of these answers will be real quick).
Tesla can built a 25K car pretty much right now - if they wanted to.

Q: Are there any mega-casting porosities <weaknesses> re. megacasting?
A: No. These are done in milliseconds. Milliseconds! Not seconds. Milliseconds.
This thing hasn't got time for porosities!

There is no heat threat on this (for the real engineers out there)
This thing comes out of the mold. It is perfect - every time. There is no warp'age, no nothing! ...
This is ... really, really amazing!
2 more:
The question "Why hasn't traditional auto build out charging over the last 5 years" sets of a rant, where Sandy despairs re. traditional auto, saying they looked in the rear view mirror whereas Tesla saw the future. 'This is why traditional auto will never built charging, just as they didn't built gas stations.'
TS 1:13:52
"Do I sound bitter? I am bitter!
I said: 'You should really get into EVs. You should really pay attention to Tesla.'
And what I got back was:'Ha ha ha those guys will never catch us'
Kind of tough that what I predicted 6 years ago has come to fruition.
"

Not Tesla-specific, but re. quality engineering versus penny wise, pound foolish thinking:
TS 1:30:4
"Sandy's rule is: "Don't save me any money - I can't afford it!"

March 2023 $1000 calls are $175. These MM's may have partially defeated me in timing this 1Q bump, but I'd like to see them try to win this next battle.

All shares not linked to covered calls(maybe 1/5) are getting sold tomorrow and converted to the above mentioned LEAPs.

Come at me bro!!!!!!!
I'm an amateur dilettante when it comes to options, but I was looking at this option today, too. But then I saw that you can buy a March 2023 1000/1300 call spread for $45 (buying the $1000 for $175 and selling the $1300 for $130).

So, per my calculations, if I held both to expiration:

--With the spread, I can more than 6x my money if TSLA is above 1300 in 2 years ((1300-1000) x 100 shares = 30k.

--But if I just bought the straight $1000 call at $175, TSLA would have to be over $2050/share in March 2023 for me to 6x my money.

Of course, anything beyond $2050, and the straight call option would be more lucrative, as I'm capped at 30k with the spread.

Now I recognize that's a huge incentive (not being capped), plus the straight call will be more volatile in the short-term (i.e. potentially more profitable in the short term if you don't hold to duration).

But, man, that call spread sure seemed like an "easy" "low-risk" "low stress" way to 6x your money in two-years play (famous last words).

But again, I'm a rank amateur when it comes to options. Am I missing anything?

I don't know if these rumours have been reported yet. Seems from a legitimate source, but you can never tell with 3rd hand information on twitter.

My $TSLA sources:
(1) prices likely to increase with looming tax credit, likely will increase again
(2) FSD price to increase soon (~2-3k)
(3) FSD Beta V9.0 is “absolutely incredible”, no interventions regularly
(4) Model S vin numbers on East coast now
(5) Time changes on website for S/X is because demand for refreshed models is so high.
(6) Million in 2021? Response: (smiley)

Take with 1/2 grain

is #3 legit? thanks for sharing bro
Yes, straight from people who are testing. Home to work, work to home flawlessly. Night and day from 8.2

"The SEC has failed the American people by repeatedly selecting Wall Street defense lawyers as Directors of Enforcement," said Dennis Kelleher, Chief Executive Officer of Better Markets, a Washington group advocating for Wall Street reform.

"They come to the SEC with needless and unhelpful baggage, including crippling conflicts of interest regarding current and past clients as well as a mindset...ill-suited to being an aggressive enforcer," he added.

Last edited:
uh1659jq7yv61.jpg
One of these should be in the Earnings Reports.

Last edited: