Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla, TSLA & the Investment World: the Perpetual Investors' Roundtable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I can't speak for others here, but I disagreed with your post because of the following:
"Wise up MoC......you are in control of the most shorted company on the planet and you get the investors beat up by FUD due to no PR department.
Sure, Tesla dosnt need it, and Elon has stated multiple times he dosnt care about the stock price, we sure do though.
Utterly stupid. Constant shroud of mystery
."

It's unfair to Musk/Tesla, and unfair to yourself, to blame him for your emotional or financial state. It's not Musk's/Tesla's fault for the constant media hate it receives. And I know you know this. You need to calm yourself and direct your emotions to the actual problem, which is media capture by powerful, wealthy interests who are losing money and will continue to lose more money due to Tesla's superb products and business strategy.

And no, starting a PR department will not help, not even remotely. The FUD operates at an industrial scale with billions of dollars behind it. It will never matter what Tesla's PR department announces, it will be twisted and misconstrued and misrepresented ad infinitum, and a PR department will only result in wasted time and money.

To paraphrase @StealthP3D, Tesla's time and money is best spent on R&D, making superior products, and executing wisely. Building an empire takes time, and Musk and Co play the long game, they aren't interested in making Wall Street's or day trader's dreams come true every quarter; they've taken us this far, they know exactly what they're doing. And they certainly aren't beating up on their investors; there are other companies to invest in if you believe Tesla is beating up on you, you are always welcome to cash out and take your money somewhere else.

At the end of the day, the point of life is not to win arguments; the point of life is to win. Musk and Co are far, far ahead of everyone else because they put their heads down and keep pedaling.

Remember:
View attachment 658383

Wow! That is rich!
So, key evidence is being withheld to protect the reputation of a constable, WHILE the entire media plus some senators publicly SMEAR the reputation of Tesla causing $billions in harm to investors with FAKE news that would be discredited by existing evidence. The untouchable constable whose reputation is more precious than anyone can ever imagine!
Or keeping it quiet while doing a criminal investigation if there was a third occupant. Either way it stinks. The quiet part of that should be over now though. They should say something.

Stop. I’m an early buyer, I don’t care if it comes in at $1.99/mo. The whole viewpoint that everything in the world needs to be ‘fair’ to one’s individual parameters for the duration of life is ridiculous. We all know that if you buy early, one of two things happens; later buyers get a discount or later buyers pay more. Sometimes you’re a winner, sometimes a loser. Get over it.
That’s one way to look at it, but I disagree.
People like “fair” even if they don’t always get it. Tesla has been increasing the price of FSD over the last months to where now it sits at $10k. This alone should offer some insight into what the monthly rate might be. At $99/mo for 5 years, you still aren’t at price parity with the current price. At $199/mo for 5 years, you slightly exceed the current price. I don’t know what the subscription price will be, and I don’t know if the subscription price will consider miles driven, but I think the current FSD pricing gives us a hint and it certainly won’t be $1.99/mo!

Reactions: kbM3 and saniflash
All the houses I have had the main panel is next to the meter. Is the main panel above the Powerwall+ in this photo? If it has to be moved doesn’t that defeat the purpose? That conduit does not look like it would fit 3 #2 wires, how are you running a 200a service for the house?

As discussed in this post, the grid disconnect device is between the meter and the meter base.

• Helpful
Reactions: willow_hiller
You know how I got FSD for 5k without paying for EAP on a 2018 build at all? Due to last public outcry about FSD being cheaper vs the 7k early adopter got it for.

We already know how the public feels about the subject. Theres no reason to believe history will not repeat. Them being right or wrong about complaining is not part of the discussion and is a strawman.
Congratulations for being the squeaky wheel. I don’t play life like that and fairness is a top 3 trait of importance in my life. I absolutely hate when life isn’t fair, but I reserve that for important things in life. How much I paid for an item on my car 3 years ago vs how much people pay for it now isn’t important. To me it’s being a selfish, petulant, entitled weasel.

Wow! That is rich!
So, key evidence is being withheld to protect the reputation of a constable, WHILE the entire media plus some senators publicly SMEAR the reputation of Tesla causing $billions in harm to investors with FAKE news that would be discredited by existing evidence. The untouchable constable whose reputation is more precious than anyone can ever imagine!
I hope “Constable 100% Certain” no longer has anything to do with the case, as he has a professional and possibly legal interest in seeing a particular outcome.

Congratulations for being the squeaky wheel. I don’t play life like that and fairness is a top 3 trait of importance in my life. I absolutely hate when life isn’t fair, but I reserve that for important things in life. How much I paid for an item on my car 3 years ago vs how much people pay for it now isn’t important. To me it’s being a selfish, petulant, entitled weasel.
Love may not be the best description to how I feel about your post. Everything in life has timing as a major component. Probably all of us have bought things at cheap prices when we had lucky good timing. We've probably all bought things at very high prices because our timing was less good.

Early adopters either pay far less than later arrivals or far more. Which one it will be is often unclear at the time of purchase. I've done both, even with cars. So what?

Anyway this is not unlike trying to time the market for share purchases. I've mostly given up on that too. In the long run good decisions yield happy results and bad ones give learning experiences. Retrospection may be inevitable but I personally try to avoid that. I just make the best decisions I can make, given what I know at the time.

I recommend that approach. It minimizes the risks of high blood pressure.

As Bob Marley famously said "don't worry, be happy".
Correction: Bobby McFerrin advocates have chastised me. Was I really thinking of "Three Little Birds"? That is my [fraudulent] claim. Only TMC has such excellent fact-checking.

Last edited by a moderator:
Am I the only one that feels this way?
View attachment 658351
I know that that’s Turkey, but - and this is for the francophones and especially for the Québecois amongst us - when looking at that I cannot but bring to mind a fine mistranslation of Caisse de Dépôt et Placement du Québec.

Attachments

• 1619804421222.jpeg
    1619804421222.jpeg
    105.5 KB · Views: 49
Last edited:
TBH I am getting sort of pissed off.
The way forward is clear. The need is urgent. Consequences of inaction grow more dire every day.

Yet every opportunity to slow/impede Tesla is used.

My kids NEED action yesterday...not in 2030 or whatever date is far enough in the future to keep the rest of the industry from doing anything today.

But sure let's "plan" to start thinking about maybe taking action at some point.
😡🤬😤🥵

edit to say this relates to SP .....in other words it SHOULD be way up instead of trending down/ rant over

Agreed. Further, change "yesterday" to "1978" (when we knew for sure the transition to renewable energy is inevitable). Some consequences are unavoidable now, yet we must work to make the future better than it would be otherwise. Simply put, to accelerate the change.

Think of our situation like a bus-load of screaming kids, careening at high speed toward certain disaster. The driver is unconcious. The kid's legs aren't long enough to reach the brake pedal (and frankly it looks like the brakes were sabotaged). Minutes to go. How will this play out?

We are the kids. Elon is Keanu Reeves. Kamala Harris is Sandra Bollock. Wall St is in the audience.

Git 'ur popcorn and buckle in, this is going to be a thrill ride. And our seats chairs are excellent ;)

Cheers!

Such a weird week in the market. So many stocks I hold have great earnings reports that have all lost or had meh weeks.
It simply means Wall St wasn't positioned correctly heading into earnings. Seems like there was a clear expectation that earnings wouldn't live up to high expectations and for the most part across the board, earnings blew past everything.

Wall St simply needs time to reposition themselves. There's a lot of investment money just sitting on the sidelines that wants a lower price to ride the next rally

I have a fidelity question. Sorry if it’s stupid question.
Looking at TSLA chart, very confused why when I change the time frame the 200 day moving average changes.....
My “today” shows it at 687 and my 1 year shows it at 567.
On which site? Some are 200 data points, which is only 200 day if the time divisions are days.

On which site? Some are 200 data points, which is only 200 day if the time divisions are days.
Both active trader pro & fidelities website.
I don’t know if it’s correct but I insert a SMA with 200.
I understand that if for instance looking at a 2 day chart there aren’t 200 instances of data, but I would like it as a reference. Better to zoom in on a larger time frame chart?

Wow that's presumptuous. Tesla lowered the price for all early car buyers for two weeks due to public outcry and me taking advantage of the price makes me a squeaky wheel.

Look, Elon have been using FOMO tactics to sell FSD forever. He warns people prices will increase, and that subscription will be more expensive so its a better deal to buy FsD today at x,y,z. Let's see how much love Tesla gets once they flip flop and makes FSD subscription cheap. I'm sure MSM and those who believed Elons words would love Tesla for being customer friendly to those who held out am I right?

Reactions: Johan and Nocturnal
Such a weird week in the market. So many stocks I hold have great earnings reports that have all lost or had meh weeks.
Imo people are afraid of inflation so relatively high valuation stocks are not getting a lot of love even tho they print money.

So next rally will probably resume once commodity prices come down a bit once production catches and then exceeds demand q3 of this year.

Stop. I’m an early buyer, I don’t care if it comes in at $1.99/mo. The whole viewpoint that everything in the world needs to be ‘fair’ to one’s individual parameters for the duration of life is ridiculous. We all know that if you buy early, one of two things happens; later buyers get a discount or later buyers pay more. Sometimes you’re a winner, sometimes a loser. Get over it.
In my experience, "fair" is where you go to have money migrated from your pocket to the Carney's in exchange for entertainment.

As @Krugerrand aluded to, all other applications of the word is transitory at best. We all decide in the moment that we make a purchase whether we feel the exchange is fair. This in no way guarantees that this feeling of "fairness" will be lasting beyond that moment.

Anyone who dwells upon whether such variables are, or are not, fair over time can practically be guaranteed that disappointment will soon follow any such pondering.