Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla, TSLA & the Investment World: the Perpetual Investors' Roundtable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Today's TSLA SP action is unusual. Up/down/up/down... zig zagging but going nowhere really. What a fight!
Sure as sunset, (and assuming no merger announced), I bet the stock drops on the 150 reveal because we know the FUD is all planned out - ready to print.
But TSLA then recovers on Fri after stories are hosed off. Hopefully back higher on up.

Pretty nice closing there...
I liked that zig-zag .. not quite enough .. some orders did not fire.
Only made some k by scalping :/

Takes more than cells to build an EV. Motors and charging for instance. Plus, nothing precludes licensing Tesla's technology and building the parts in their own plants.
Still a long shot though.
FWIW (basically nothing), to avoid being all type, I did put some couch stuffing into a Friday option that happened to be priced at $420 a few minutes before close.

... I don't understand what Ford is thinking releasing a battery-electric pickup without even attempting to solve the pickup aero problem...
Simple. This is another reason why you’re invested in TSLA. Ford is choosing to cater to their current truck owners who “want” their truck to look like it always has. The first-order efficiency problem that it creates be damned. Failed thinking in EV-land. Wait until we see where the EV F150 and 9,000+ lbs. Hummer land on that core efficiency graph! Currently the 5,800 lbs Rivans at are the heaviest...

I work for a publicity traded company and I can tell you that morale is affected if/when the stock is down 20%. Now imagine -40% in a few months. But please lecture me some more....

I used to work for one as well. True, a down period offers the chance to accumulate ISO at lower prices so potentially more valuable one day than they would be otherwise, while a strong uptrend causes people to daydream about their riches. Recognizing this, my former company rescaled its ISO plan to flatten the distribution curve (reducing shares to middle management and increasing for the rule makers). That took a few days to get people's attention, and increased turnover!

Last edited:
Sheesh! You can get that much just by putting magnets around your fuel line to align the hydrocarbon molecules for a more efficient burn! ;)

Seriously though, you're not going to get that much from a hardcover. It helps a little, closer to 1 mpg or a little less on the highway. You still have the low pressure areas behind the cab and tailgate. The Cybertruck solves the area behind the cab and minimizes the low pressure behind the tailgate by putting it on a slope.

Testing has shown the old trick of running your open bed with your tailgate open doesn't help - it makes it a little worse. I don't understand what Ford is thinking releasing a battery-electric pickup without even attempting to solve the pickup aero problem. Maybe Ford will offer an optional sloped canopy to improve highway range?
Okay, I didn't mention that the guy was and is generally FOS.