Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla, TSLA & the Investment World: the Perpetual Investors' Roundtable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I sure hope so. If pure vision does away with phantom braking for overpasses as Elon indicated, EAP would be much more useable for me.
I asked Elon whether Tesla Vision will operate on HW 2.5 - no answer yet! (I have EAP). Has anybody else heard? Otherwise they need to keep at least two code bases in production.

1621990785094.png

I converted 2 on-the-fence friends to placed model Y orders this weekend. What did the rest of you lot do?

My fence friend also put an order for a Model Y moving from a CR-V. The amount of Tesla's that I see now days it's incredible, specially for South Carolina. When I got my Model 3 in 2018 I would see another Model 3 about once every 6 months but now the amount of Tesla's exploded specially the Model Y.

I asked Elon whether Tesla Vision will operate on HW 2.5 - no answer yet! (I have EAP). Has anybody else heard? Otherwise they need to keep at least two code bases in production.

Seems like you're in my shoes with the Model 3. I wouldn't worry. He tweeted that subscribing to FSD will get you the HW3 upgrade just like purchasing it for $10k. I presume you'll have to commit to a year or whatever.

Last edited:
I can - taxpayer bailout.
That just kicks the can down the road.

The only ones who can protect the rolling oil burner makers are the oil guys—until they can’t—and those guys have an incentive to prevent the transition to EV’s.

I just don’t see how the American OEM’s survive the transition as anything like real, independent companies even with government aid.

How do you say ”Anyone want to buy a blue oval in Mandarin?"

Last edited:
I have one of those boomer Model 3's.

Back in the day.. Model 3's HAD RADAR and was built in a tent!

Silver Metallic used to be a color and ALL the glass on top glowed like a sunset in the rain.

We cared about getting our cars at all instead of how big the panel gaps might be. :D
…and spoilers and badges were next year's Christmas presents.

Silver Metallic used to be a color and ALL the glass on top glowed like a sunset in the rain.

We cared about getting our cars at all instead of how big the panel gaps might be. :D
Me too. Are you going to push the button?

Good video explaining Pierre’s Cash Return on Assets.

it does seem like there’s a flaw?

he projects 2M sales in 2023, but a capacity of only 2.25M at the end of 2023. Since Tesla will still be in major ramp mode I would imagine 3 million would be a much more likely capacity entering 2024. This would increase the assets, and therefore reduce his return on assets.

Am I right? Tesla is never going to get full benefit of return on assets, until growth slows quite a bit. They just always have a lot of their production lines ramping.

With previous Tesla events (battery day, S&P etc) IV will typically climb into the event and then crush immediately after. This makes for perfect timing to sell options with a quick turnaround profit as IV drops. However so far leading into the Refresh S delivery event for June 3rd, IV has been falling to near-term lows (0% IV30 rank). Unless IV starts climbing soon, it would appear the market is largely ignoring this event and there won't be an IV crush after it.

I can - taxpayer bailout.
The bailout would be Ford being put on life support, not survival.

Survival is what happens if/when the patient gets off of life support.

Like when General Motors died on the operating table along with all its toxic baggage, and a newly created entity called GM came out of the hospital looking like a healthy new born corporation.

This is about the only way for the big OEMs to "survive" the rout that electrification confronts them with.

With previous Tesla events (battery day, S&P etc) IV will typically climb into the event and then crush immediately after. This makes for perfect timing to sell options with a quick turnaround profit as IV drops. However so far leading into the Refresh S delivery event for June 3rd, IV has been falling to near-term lows (0% IV30 rank). Unless IV starts climbing soon, it would appear the market is largely ignoring this event and there won't be an IV crush after it.

The trend is your friend... until it isn't your friend.

Because everyone knows the pattern.. it might not repeat itself. SP of 600 is relative weakness. More room to run up than crush back down. Now if SP was testing ATH, yes probably for sure on the way down.

Those selling calls might have their shares disappear at disappointing prices.

We also cared with our car would have Alcantara fit and finish and it was super major discussion point after Tesla stealthily switch to a different fabric that was initially perceived as not super premium :)

Yeah, dropped the SP 2.50 in the final minute of the pre-market: (same trick they tried yesterday)

View attachment 665941

Just look at the timestamp for the Pre-market Low: (09:29:15 AM)

TSLA Pre-Market Quotes​

Data last updated May 25, 2021 09:30 AM ET.
This page will resume updating on May 26, 2021 04:00 AM ET.

Consolidated Last Sale$609.51 +3.07 (+0.51%)
Pre-Market Volume418,158
Pre-Market High$613 (04:30:59 AM)
Pre-Market Low$607.1 (09:29:15 AM)
Do you mind sharing what's the source/website you get this information through?

• Helpful
Reactions: Artful Dodger
So on the off-chance this schedule actually holds, it’s all done in Q2. What does that imply for the Q2 FSD-money-realization-thingy (you know what I mean).
Per the terminology of FSD, will this event, whenever happens, result in fully realizing the FSD so far set aside for all the vehicles sold with FSD subscription?
I am assuming that's the case, just confirming.

Also, what is the best timing for launching subscription? Zach said in an earnings call that subscription will result in financials potentially initially taking a hit as more go for subscription rather than full payment. If that's the case, is end of quarter, or early in the quarter best times to open up the subscription?

@The Accountant