Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla, TSLA & the Investment World: the Perpetual Investors' Roundtable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
So is this the reason that “thousands of” Model 3&Y was put to “containment hold” because they were “missing parts”?
In that case they were just missing the final release software? Sure that can be installed in service center, in fact that’s going to be just an OTA and don’t have any labor costs at all.

Warning, Fred link below

Lol, you got pwned by a Electrik clickbait headline. It never said Model 3/Y were on 'c.h.' the headline just let you assume that. It was the refresh S waiting in the logistics yard. Elon confirmed this. And it was never 10 thous cars held up. @gabeincal confirmed this.

Pro tip: don't read elecktrik: they lie bait for money clicks. :p

Cheers!

My observation during this down-turn is that MM's don't really care if they close below the put-walls, happens week after week. I can only surmise they're happy to buy the shares, but not so happy to sell them via calls...

Let us not forget the tiny technical bias toward shoving the SP down, MM's only magic wand is naked shorting. Which means they have to be super careful to not get caught in a squeeze, or perhaps even make some extra cheddar while "making the market".

They can't print billions of fake dollars to buy real shares and then eventually sell, they can only print fake shares to sell and eventually buy back. They only lose their shirt on the way up, at least that how I understand it.

So they're hyping up June 3. I wonder what the surprise could be! Wild speculation: On June 3 Tesla will start shipping 4680-powered Cybertrucks made at the pilot production line in a secret corner of the Fremont plant. It'll shock the pants off Ford by getting almost 3 miles per kWh.
Roadster! Maybe they start shipping the Roadster June 3!

Or maybe? Could it possibly be? The Cyber-Roadster. Performance of the Roadster. Capabilities of the Cybertruck.

Or maybe? Could it possibly be? The Cyber-Roadster. Performance of the Roadster. Capabilities of the Cybertruck.
But why? All these wild ideas would take the focus away from what is a really great day for all of us who have ordered the new Model S. Why would Tesla do that?

Why burn all the good and potentially stock moving news on one day? Why not space it out?

And as good as the Model S Plaid is going to be - launching the Roadster would totally steal it's thunder.

Teslarati might have given us a boost today. I'm quite pleased with how it has matured into a bona-fide outlet. We need more of these to fight back.
Just like with everything else related to Tesla, the tslaq dumb dumbs think the CT will never come out. Those guys just love being wrong.

Elon liked this tweet the other day:
Fingers crossed… I don’t need roadster level of performance, just tuck a model 3 skate board underneath that bulletproof origami skin, and make it a modern DeLorean… one can dream… right?

Or someone of you guys should start a company to do that if Elon is too busy.

I really like the name "Tesla Vision". I wish they'd ditch the name Autopilot and FSD and simply call it all Tesla Vision instead! :cool:

Imagine the FUD that would ensue if Autopilot and FSD were marketed as "Tesla Vision".

CNBC host: Some people have been raising concerns that Tesla's new name for Autopilot is dangerously irresponsible and will result in misuse of the system. Joining us to discuss is Gordon Johnson of Clown Pants Investments. Hi Gordon, welcome to CNBC.

GJ: Thanks for having me.

CNBC: I understand investors are becoming nervous over Tesla's decision to change the name of their driving technology from "Autopilot" to "Tesla Vision".

GJ: Well, people were already concerned that "Autopilot" was dangerously misleading because it pretended these cars could drive automatically. But the cars cannot drive by themselves, just look at all the accidents being investigated due to the confusion surrounding this misrepresented technology. Basically, people think they can text or surf the web after engaging Autopilot. Now Tesla has doubled down and called it "Tesla Vision" without considering how many people this could basically kill. It takes it one step further by suggesting drivers don't even need to keep their eyes open.

CNBC: Wow, that sounds dangerous.

GJ: Exactly, it's basically telling your customers that eyes are not necessary, don't look where you are going, we have you covered. We think this is irresponsible and will endanger Tesla customers and basically whoever happens to be on the road with them. The people we have talked to have told us they can't invest in a company that plays dangerous marketing games with their customers. This is not a game, it's basically your life.

CNBC: Wow. That was an eye-opening report, thanks for taking the time to join us today.

GJ: You bet. Thanks for basically having me.

ABC - late afternoon: Board fight at Exxon intensifies spotlight on climate change

Excerpts:

The investor group is pushing to replace four of the oil giant’s board members with executives they say are better suited to both strengthen the company’s finances and lead it through the transition to cleaner energy. The fight represents a moment of reckoning for major publicly traded companies to address a global crisis...

Regardless of the outcome of the shareholder vote, to be announced after the annual shareholder meeting Wednesday, the challenge reflects momentum among consumers, investors and government leaders around the globe to pivot away from fossil fuels and invest in a future where energy needs are increasingly met using renewable sources. To that end, President Joe Biden has set the ambitious goal of slashing America’s greenhouse gas emissions in half by the end of the decade.

Elon liked this tweet the other day:
Fingers crossed… I don’t need roadster level of performance, just tuck a model 3 skate board underneath that bulletproof origami skin, and make it a modern DeLorean… one can dream… right?

Or someone of you guys should start a company to do that if Elon is too busy.

That's a very rare Ferrari. ( 512 Modulo) .

It may still be owned by someone related to someone on this board ( not me despite my handle ). I won't say who to respect their privacy.

I think Elon loves that classic wedge shape that we see on the Modulo, and the James Bond Lotus Esprit that he owns, that he noted as a design influence for the CT.

Screen Shot 2021-05-25 at 2.44.04 PM.png

Lol, you got pwned by a Electrik clickbait headline. It never said Model 3/Y were on 'c.h.' the headline just let you assume that. It was the refresh S waiting in the logistics yard. Elon confirmed this. And it was never 10 thous cars held up. @gabeincal confirmed this.

Pro tip: don't read elecktrik: they lie bait for money clicks. :p

Cheers!
And from Gabeincal videos was OK where are these 10K 3 and Y's hiding.

• Informative
Reactions: Artful Dodger
Tesla North - today: Tesla Takes 33% of Canada’s EV Rebates

Excerpt:

According to The Canadian Press, about one-third of these federal rebates in Canada have gone to Tesla, based on data from Transport Canada. The program offers rebates of up to $5,000 CAD on new ZEV purchases.

Data shows Tesla received $102 million of the $296 million in rebates sent to dealerships selling EVs, from at least 15 different companies. Total program claims saw the Tesla Model 3 take roughly 25%, says Transport Canada.

For those who aren't up to date on the Canadian Rebates, the iZEV Program only allows for rebates for the Tesla Model 3 SR (a special Canadian only version gimped to 151 km range) and the 3 SR+. That's it. No Model Y, S or X qualifies and Long Range 3's are not eligible either.

Also for those not in the know, in Canada many of us have to drive long distances between population centres and it gets cold in the winter. So, we like long range and AWD. The SR and SR+ are the least desirable Tesla models sold here, but the only ones eligible for the iZEV Program's rebates.

Can someone who’s been paying better attention than me catch me up on where we are with Q2 delivery status?

1. Refresh Ss not yet starting to be delivered. No X in production at all at this time. Presumably starting delivery June 3, but as I understand it there are many S’s (how many?) that are partially built and waiting on something (part or software). Any estimates of the number?

2. Reports of many 3/Y waiting apparently for parts or software...but Shanghai seems to not have any hangups, and most 3/Y from Fremont are getting delivered?

Trying to figure out if Q2 deliveries will be less than Q1 (despite an apparently strong order rate) or if the part shortage issues are just a short-term intra-quarter blip.

We should expect margins on all mid/late May 3/Y and later to have better margins due to removal of radar and associated hardware. Money money money money!

Can someone who’s been paying better attention than me catch me up on where we are with Q2 delivery status?

1. Refresh Ss not yet starting to be delivered. No X in production at all at this time. Presumably starting delivery June 3, but as I understand it there are many S’s (how many?) that are partially built and waiting on something (part or software). Any estimates of the number?

2. Reports of many 3/Y waiting apparently for parts or software...but Shanghai seems to not have any hangups, and most 3/Y from Fremont are getting delivered?

Trying to figure out if Q2 deliveries will be less than Q1 (despite an apparently strong order rate) or if the part shortage issues are just a short-term intra-quarter blip.

We should expect margins on all mid/late May 3/Y and later to have better margins due to removal of radar and associated hardware. Money money money money!
1. I suspect what all those Refreshed S's were waiting on was finished software. Seems now Tesla is getting all those units out to delivery in mass starting June 3rd. Remember only 2,000 S/X delivered in Q1. Looked like Fremont had a lot of S's waiting. They also look like they are delivering just Plaid in June which will have very high margin.

2. Were they really waiting? Or maybe there were some that were built without Radar and couldnt be delivered into Pure Vision software was ready because AP features even the most basic safety features wouldnt work without.

3, Would certainly think all units built without radar will sell with higher margin. Especially with the price increases.

Based on ship loading times, I am estimating that Model 3s (and a few Ys) loaded onto ships in Q2 ran 20% higher than Q1.
For my Q2 financial model, I used a 14% increase (Q2 vs Q1). So if local deliveries (North America & China), keep up that pace, we should see a strong Q2.
I will post details tomorrow of the shipping activity.

1621982466283.png