Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla, TSLA & the Investment World: the Perpetual Investors' Roundtable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Why are you clinging on to his estimate like it's the gospel? He was off by 10% last quarter. You care bears don't improvise huh? If you're gonna be here spewing nonsense all day, please at least try to be entertaining.

I, uh, noted he was 10% off last quarter lol Did you even read the post? That's why I said I don't know how people feel about his estimates. He was historically pretty accurate (<3%) and claims to have solved or worked on the issues that led to the Q1 variance.

He also compares his estimates to the analyst consensus so you can compare for yourself at the time. He had been more accurate than the Street average for several quarters before Q1.

Anyway, not sure why your response is so hostile to one guy's estimate lmao freaking weird, man.

Reactions: hobbes and H Mak
Yeah, lunchtime played out as expected: about a $6 dip was all they could mangle by 1:00 pm and now were back to the Mid-BB 2 hrs 15 min after the 1st visit earlier today... :p

View attachment 666509

So now let's see where the rest of the afternoon session takes us.

Cheers!
Thanks AD! So we want to see a close >$624, right?

Watching the ticker and reading posts here is so much more fun than work. I've got nothing done all week.

At the risk of being slightly OT-Not sure if this has been posted already:

https://www.washingtonpost.com/clim...xxonmobil-rebel-shareholders-win-board-seats/
Paywall. Presumably goes with recent Shell & BP moves by shareholders.

Found this - same?
Engine No 1 / Blackrock support for 2 directors with environmental/climate change interests

Exxon loses board seats to activist hedge fund in blow to oil giant's strategy

The shell court case is interesting as well. they have to massively decarbonise (and that includes their products) - might end up with only very expensive synthetic fuels (created through renewable energy) available to ICE

Kinda nailed it. Well done.
Lol, not my 1st rodeo...

blog-herding_cats.jpg

Cheers!

Paywall. Presumably goes with recent Shell & BP moves by shareholders.

Found this - same?
Engine No 1 / Blackrock support for 2 directors with environmental/climate change interests

The shell court case is interesting as well. they have to massively decarbonise (and that includes their products) - might end up with only very expensive synthetic fuels (created through renewable energy) available to ICE

Thanks for your link. Sorry, didn’t realize the article I linked to is behind a paywall. Will delete my post.

Reactions: UkNorthampton
Y'all can thank me for the price action this morning. Had a 620 call out this morning, thinking the max pain would keep it below 610 by the end of the week. This was my first weekly option played in a while, as life took over recently. 🙃

Whelp.

Looks like I'll be rolling this Friday. Should have closed it yesterday for a profit, lol.

Recon Update:

Traffic was heavy. This guy bullied his way to the front of the line while several waited for them to let us in. I was able to successfully infiltrate the store once they opened.

TrafficJam1lr.jpg

There was a bit of a rush for a couple of Ys to get in before me.

ParkingLot_Pri_lr.jpg

Didn't do a test drive this time, but tried a Y on for size (it fits) and poked around for a while checking out the Frunk, folding the 2nd row of seats to inspect cavernous hatch space, and fending off all the pushy sales people. (okay, I'm lying about the pushy sales folks) I did share that I'd be back once the SP was up.

Went away feeling good about my investment and looking forward to coming back someday after the stonk hits the target. Hopefully in the next 12 months.

Escaped the metropolis and made it back to the quiet of the rural compound without incident, and was greeted by a greenishly colored SP. I guess the folks at the store called HQ and got started on raising it after my visit, hoping to get another sale during this slow period. ;)

Let's just put this mission down as me taking action for the team in order to raise hopes and the SP.

Last edited:
Found this - same?

“Exxon had fought to keep climate activists at bay, spending tens of millions of dollars on a high-profile PR campaign…”

This is a good example of why Tesla does not need a “PR” department, nor use any other kind of advertising.

When anyone is interested, they can research what a company actually does, not read the company’s propaganda.

I think for you to state that you should have information that actually supports your thesis ;).

The group that declared they started the fire did similar attacks previously, including on the power supply to Berlin regional trains and an institute working on a smartphone app to track possible Covid infections. At least for the latter it is kind of hard to construct a connection to Big Oil... IMHO just some very confused people.

Source (info is only in the audio stream, unfortunately can´t google translate that, so you have to trust me here...)
I was half-joking, but yes, you are right, my post was dumb, sorry. I'd delete it if I could.

Mods, feel free to delete it, it adds nothing but clutter to this forum. Sorry all.

OT sorta since TSLA also seems in startup mode again - @Joe F sorry, didn't see your post in time :D

SpaceX launch live "Elon's Tweet :Today's flight will mark the 40th time SpaceX has reflown Falcon fairing halves since November 2019"

So appropriate .. giving some perspective - the MM's and mass media try and twist the SP & facts any which way, Tesla/ SpaceX carries on - with or without fanfare.

SPCX.starlink.jpg

Last edited:
Elon liked a GIF of the juraSsic Park intro and another picture of a SR-71 Blackbird:
$TSLA is going to a new ATH :cool::cool:
Today, Elon liked a pic of the Concorde! Cruising height of 18Km!
Meaning: SP is going up!! but not at ATH levels. For that, Elon has to like a picture of a SR-71 plane to have the SP reach untouchable levels :cool:

Troy's Q2 estimate (public in a few days, I think) is revised down again, though that was likely in response to the parts shortage (and as you noted, very few - if any - Y VINs were being assigned for a bit there). I don't know what folks think about his estimates after last quarter's ~10% miss, though. I appreciate his work and thoroughness and hopefully he's tightened up on the issues from Q1.
I'm not sure if Moneyball on Twitter has an agenda but this is the type of stuff FUD is made of.
1622055777851.png

The Model 3 numbers I highlighted are the weeks that Tesla GF3 is working to load ships for Export.....thus low local registrations are expected.
The Model Y numbers I highlighted are likely when the Model Y line was down for upgrades....notice the jump the following weeks.

I, uh, noted he was 10% off last quarter lol Did you even read the post? That's why I said I don't know how people feel about his estimates. He was historically pretty accurate (<3%) and claims to have solved or worked on the issues that led to the Q1 variance.

He also compares his estimates to the analyst consensus so you can compare for yourself at the time. He had been more accurate than the Street average for several quarters before Q1.

Anyway, not sure why your response is so hostile to one guy's estimate lmao freaking weird, man.
Man I tell ya, speaking of hostile to somebody's estimates. Poor Gary Black can't seem to catch a break from someone on Twitter.

DarkandStormy

@Darknstormy614

Replying to
@garyblack00
Hi Gary, Volkswagen's FY'20 FCF / GAAP NI = 168% Volkswagen's FY'20 FCF / Non-GAAP NI = 128% So why aren't you pumping Volkswagen?
Translate Tweet

11:36 AM · May 26, 2021·Twitter Web App