Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla, TSLA & the Investment World: the Perpetual Investors' Roundtable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
gopher launch

Attachments

• 27BE67F6-C06B-4111-9231-C5BE40557B31.jpeg
    27BE67F6-C06B-4111-9231-C5BE40557B31.jpeg
    311.6 KB · Views: 51

At this point....given the way the stock has reacted on very good news and data ( Q1 being all time high production/deliveries was again a shocking thing to Wall St.....no one expected it) and the anemic volume, I have hard a very hard time believing that there isn't pretty decent sized coordination behind the scenes by funds about how they were/are going to play TSLA this year......including on what levels to buy at, buying volume (and especially lack thereof), etc..

To me, it's clear the chart is pretty clearly orchestrated. They've been able to drop it to down to certain trend and moving average lines while removing all of the volatility in options and thus prices for Calls has dropped dramatically and essentially setting up a giant wedge when they can then use in their favor by buying a ton of Calls/LEAPS at a massively discounted price and then riding the rally much higher.....a rally that will have much more substance because the stock has tested it's moving averages through a 6 month consolidation period.

I would not be surprised to see an explosion of call buying during the month of July followed by a massive amount of actual share buying volume.

I mean really........there's only one way that wedge goes when you have a company growing at the rate Tesla is. The wedge breaking down to downside would be practically impossible due to Tesla's revenue and especially their earnings growth. Tesla would have to royally screw up for a wedge to the downside to actually have substance.

SP went south fast....

The Information - 10 minutes ago: Tesla’s China Orders Halved in May, Internal Data Show, As Crisis Deepens

Excerpt:

Tesla vehicle orders in China fell by nearly half in May compared to April, according to internal data, as the electric car pioneer grappled with public outcry and government criticism over its handling of consumer complaints. Taken together, the developments put in doubt Tesla’s vaunted position and success in the world’s biggest electric vehicle market.

The company’s monthly net orders in China dropped to about 9,800 in May from more than 18,000 in April, according to a person with knowledge of the data.

--Street Color: Tesla Orders in China Reportedly Halved in May According to The Information, Shares Plummet
MT NEWSWIRES 12:50 PM ET 6/3/2021
01:50 PM EDT, 06/03/2021 (MT Newswires) -- (Street Color news is derived from real time discussions with market professionals globally subscribed to the Street Color Premium Chat service on Bloomberg IB Chat and the ICE IM. This information is believed to be from reliable sources but may include rumor and speculation. Accuracy is not guaranteed.)

Price: 585.06, Change: -20.06, Percent Change: -3.32

I am going to fade TSLA on any strength and buy back below $550 :)

This news was not surprising since China April sales were mostly exports .

May 12, 2021

Tesla's April Sales From China Were Mostly Exports

The EV maker sold 11,671 locally built Model 3 and Model Y cars in China last month, while exporting a further 14,174.

This implies that Tesla might not have the commanding lead over rival EV makers in China that the data previously showed.

Last edited: