Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register
  • Want to remove ads? Register an account and login to see fewer ads, and become a Supporting Member to remove almost all ads.
  • Tesla's Supercharger Team was recently laid off. We discuss what this means for the company on today's TMC Podcast streaming live at 1PM PDT. You can watch on X or on YouTube where you can participate in the live chat.

Tesla, TSLA & the Investment World: the Perpetual Investors' Roundtable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I just opened 20 590/555 Bull Put for tomorrow for ~40k margin. If we land above 590 then max-win is 32k, if we close below 555 tomorrow i lose 40k .. Thats a gamble i am willing to take.

Surely no advice. Don't gamble away money you may need.
But desperate red portfolios call for desperate measures to gain again. ;)

And if i go bankwupt then there is surely some TMC-Hero that will give me more starting-cash :D

At this point......I'm all for balls out confident/aggressive Tesla/Elon.

They've stayed quiet, sandbagging things all year. Now by Q2 earnings, they'll have a very clear picture of their supply chain, demand, S/X, ramp, 4680 progress, Berlin/Austin progress, FSD developments, etc..... If everything's going to plan for them in all the facets, I want them to come out on that Q2 earning call and say "Ya know what, we're confident we're going to 1 million P/D, Austin and Berlin will start pumping out Y's by Q4 and we can do that because 4680 progress and yields have been improving steadily ahead of schedule, Tesla Semi? It's shipping next quarter.....btw here's how much our FSD and Autopilot take rate is increasing since releasing subscription model, et......Just go from quiet sandbagging to full on outspoken confidence.

Obviously if things are not going exactly to plan, don't come out overconfident. But I think we can all agree here that Tesla and Elon have been giving breadcrumbs all year about how things are progressing plus news from suppliers that indicate certain things are happening. I think now's the time switch from that cautious mode to confident........coinciding with a new stock split of course ;)

It doesn't need to be Musk or use his time. Hire some competent people and then trust them to do their job.

The FUD has done damage over the years. The majority of my family and close friends will not consider a Tesla. The reasons are all traced back to the lies the media has spread for years.
When there’s a really good reason to disown one’s family.

Great work Tesla! No response it MUST be true. How many times can I say this. DUMB MOVE.
Hire one person from IT to post a tweet every time the stock price moves 5%. I could write that code. A basic clown could pull this off.

It’s not rocket science, it’s common sense.

Or, just Add that minuscule 10 second task to someone’s job requirement, they don’t even need to hire someone.
DUMB

21st century tech leader can’t communicate WHY?

NO logical reason.

I don’t even care about the stock price, I care about the principal of how my money is being effected negatively without any defense from the person I give it to.

That’s like me going to a bank to put my money in and kept safe, and meanwhile the vault is left open with a sign that says “Take One”

DUMB

We will recover, but that doesn't mean this stupidity isn’t preventable.
Oh your building 2 factories and have billions in cash yet you can’t stand up for your investors for 10 seconds with a press release?

where’s the resistance after $562?

D
U
M
B

Yes, but that is not long term thinking.

Also, imagine how much further the mission might be if there hadn't been FUD and more people were refusing to buy another ICE vehicle. Demand would push faster change.
But would Tesla be further ahead? I think not. Tesla is moving as fast as they can and simply can not keep up to the demand nor their own innovation.

I get that you’re upset with the dishonesty of it all, but it works out in the end. It really does. Just continue to hold (and drink).

Great work Tesla! No response it MUST be true. How many times can I say this. DUMB MOVE.
Hire one person from IT to post a tweet every time the stock price moves 5%. I could write that code. A basic clown could pull this off.

Or, just Add that minuscule 10 second task to someone’s job requirement, they don’t even need to hire someone.
DUMB

NO logical reason.

I don’t even care about the stock price, I care about the principal of how my money is being effected negatively without any defense from the person I give it to.

That’s like me going to a bank to put my money in and kept safe, and meanwhile the vault is left open with a sign that says “Take One”

DUMB

Oh your building 2 factories and have billions in cash yet you can’t stand up for your investors for 10 seconds with a press release?

D
U
M
B
“If you’re afraid of volatility…….”

A quick recovery would be great tomorrow!

But I think it hinges on catalyst news, any catalyst. Even a news release that says, "Tesla factories still in operation!". Then the FOMO can kick in for next weeks event.

Hate that we are below the 200 DMA again.

Friendly reminder...long term HODLER'S should be like this.

tenor (9).gif

DUMB

NO logical reason.

DUMB

D
U
M
B
This is literally peanuts compared to any other FUD period in TSLA history.

The war is over.

Elon won.

R
E
L
A
X

JPR on Twitter believes that "net orders" translates to orders in excess of supply. I think that's likely.

View attachment 669224

This sort of defense is just grasping at straws. The Information defines the metric they are reporting on in the article as new orders less cancellations. If it's accurate or not is obviously up for debate but this nonsense doesn't do anything to help TSLA bulls look reasonable.

But would Tesla be further ahead? I think not. Tesla is moving as fast as they can and simply can not keep up to the demand nor their own innovation.

I get that you’re upset with the dishonesty of it all, but it works out in the end. It really does. Just continue to hold (and drink).
Agreed regarding Tesla but maybe other companies might be further along. (Optimistic view, I know)

Am holding and could have bought more tsla if not for enjoying wine.

You nailed it. I don't have any options, nor am I looking to sell. Simply have a strong dislike for dishonesty.

DUMB

NO logical reason.

DUMB

D
U
M
B
Hey, we are all frustrated, but there is no sense in combating or refuting every questionable article or tweet. Just report the facts at the appropriate time. Also, often it just feeds into the narrative and can be counterproductive. Obviously, there are certain times when responses are necessary, but I don't think this is one of them. Who has ever heard of the source, anyway? No need to feed the troll - at least not yet.

Is the SEC ever gonna bother taking even a peek at these MM's? Sure algos react to verbiage in the "press", but not to this extent IMO. This is selling AND purposeful downward pressure via naked shorting.

I mean......if you needed to sell a half million shares, would you do it all at once and drop the SP $27? Or would you do it over a day and a half getting $595-605? These are not the organic behaviors of money-making enterprises. This doesn't even smell like institutional shorting. Again.....why would anyone do this right now......unless they can do it for free.

Hey, we are all frustrated, but there is no sense in combating or refuting every questionable article or tweet. Just report the facts at the appropriate time. Also, often it just feeds into the narrative and can be counterproductive. Obviously, there are certain times when responses are necessary, but I don't think this is one of them. Who has ever heard of the source, anyway? No need to feed the troll - at least not yet.
You say that now, but watch multiple instances of FUD compound and suddenly a stop loss and someone gets the margin call. That’s why we are here in the first place, from the AP crash in Texas compounding with other events.