Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla, TSLA & the Investment World: the Perpetual Investors' Roundtable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Folks, I am so excited that my sister is finally coming around to buy a Tesla. unfortunately, I cannot buy it since owning a car is a hassle in Berlin
. But my sister is finally in the place to buy one. I wanted your opinion about whether we should wait until Tesla production starts?? When would that be?
Also she wants to lease it, whereas I am pushing her to buy instead. Do we have some arguments or some comments about it.
Yaeeee we gonna get a potential customer in my family. So koool :)
totally wrong thread... so you know...

She wants a Model Y and she lives in San Fransisco. So was wondering how long would she have to wait before ordering from Texas? Also is there a way to order specifically from Texas and be in the queue for that?
Nobody outside of Tesla knows that. Most probably they’ll be a specific battery size made in Texas and ordering that size will increase your odds greatly of getting a Texas car. It’s possible they’ll be a new trim level of a slightly longer range model that will be slightly more expensive.

Reactions: amolina
totally wrong thread... so you know...
Oh come on.. Amolina has been with us for a while and is excited to share some news from the family. Posts like this make this place feel like a 'drum circle' to quote a previous post. There have been much more irrelevant stuff here about topics I shall not mention.

Tell he to buy it ASAP. Every Tesla is awesome...and gets better over time.

No way to stay ahead of the improvement curve as that is the secret Tesla sauce.

Wait and the next version is better...and the next...and the next.

Never stops. Enjoy the ride!

Yeah ofcourse its an iterative process. But I would really love it for her to get the 4680 structural battery. I have not been trading Tesla recently so not in the know about when it is finally expected to arrive

Oh come on.. Amolina has been with us for a while and is excited to share some news from the family. Posts like this make this place feel like a 'drum circle' to quote a previous post. There have been much more irrelevant stuff here about topics I shall not mention.

For sure. I am so excited that my family would be contributing to the Tesla Quarterly numbers finally. I told her " I finally have a reason to visit her now :p"
Sharing my happiness with you all. I will be buying a cybertruck at some point as well. Might have to move away from Berlin for that, but why not. Whoever didn't move from a city because they wanted to own a Tesla??

For sure. I am so excited that my family would be contributing to the Tesla Quarterly numbers finally. I told her " I finally have a reason to visit her now :p"
Sharing my happiness with you all. I will be buying a cybertruck at some point as well. Might have to move away from Berlin for that, but why not. Whoever didn't move from a city because they wanted to own a Tesla??
I second the vote for buy it now. Model Y reviews are off the charts. There’s always going to be another new model around the corner. 😀

Reactions: gabeincal
Curt,
Just to clarify, you are a Dodger’s fan...right?
I could never root for a team that abandoned its fans in one city to move to another. I'm with my friend Doris Kearns Goodwin on that. And I wouldn't have cared at all what the Dodgers did this past week, since the Cubs only visited San Francisco and San Diego. Last month the Dodgers behaved quite properly and played in Wrigley Field. The Cubs swept them and their wannabes Kershaw, Bauer and Buehler. Go Cubs! And Go Tesla! ;)

• Love
Reactions: AZRI11 and scramies
She wants a Model Y and she lives in San Fransisco. So was wondering how long would she have to wait before ordering from Texas? Also is there a way to order specifically from Texas and be in the queue for that?
If she’s in San Fran she’s getting a Y from Fremont. Texas Y’s are meant for the east coast.

According to Google the festival is on Monday. Does anyone know if it is standard to take 5 days off for it?

View attachment 671723
If I recall, it is usually 3 days, June 12th thru 14th this year, but it may vary company-to-company. It sounds like Tesla is being rather generous. :cool: I just ordered some parts last night from China, and that factory didn't say anything about having today or tomorrow off.

• Informative
Reactions: Tim S
I could never root for a team that abandoned its fans in one city to move to another. I'm with my friend Doris Kearns Goodwin on that. And I wouldn't have cared at all what the Dodgers did this past week, since the Cubs only visited San Francisco and San Diego. Last month the Dodgers behaved quite properly and played in Wrigley Field. The Cubs swept them and their wannabes Kershaw, Bauer and Buehler. Go Cubs! And Go Tesla! ;)

Wow Curt, you’ve cut me. But hey, I’m bleeding Dodger Blue.

Nio started construction of their second car plant. Comes with a 100gwh battery plant with an install capacity of 1 million cars/year. Total cost is expected to be as expensive as all of Tesla's gigafactories combined..lol at 8 billion dollars.