Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla, TSLA & the Investment World: the Perpetual Investors' Roundtable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
what is that about?

It's actually quite the big signal that Elon thinks Tesla has rounded the corner and doesn't need his force of personality to sell the stock price/company anymore. More than anyone, Elon is a very good judge of what the future holds. I think he now believes that Tesla is a giant unstoppable machine that is going to keep going and doesn't need any propping up.

No more Elon on the earning calls

Elon's tombstone (oh well, one down):

1627341549263.png

Elon Musk
  • Innovator and disruptor of financial payment and digital currency systems
  • Innovator and disruptor of electric vehicles and autonomous driving
  • Innovator and disruptor in sustainable energy production and storage
  • Innovator and disruptor of orbital launch systems
  • Innovator and disruptor in artificial intelligence
  • Explorer and pioneer of Mars
  • Eloquent public speaker and succinct TSLA earnings presenter

;)

Last edited:
Boy that's not pointed at Lucid at all...
Actually Elon's comments about the difficulties associated with production vs prototyping apply not only to the startups like Lucid and Rivian, but also to the OEM's because they're either basing their BEV's on existing vehicles or they're BEV from the ground up... you can see it already with GM and VW and the recalls have just begun.

Tesla has learned a lot of lessons the startups have yet to face, but even they aren't blind to the difficulties in production, yet they've learned enough to prevent most problems before they occur... plus they can fix a bunch with a SW upgrade... awesome!

It's actually quite the big signal that Elon thinks Tesla has rounded the corner and doesn't need his force of personality to sell the stock price/company anymore. More than anyone, Elon is a very good judge of what the future holds. I think he now believes that Tesla is a giant unstoppable machine that is going to keep going and doesn't need any propping up.
Doge the earnings;)
More time for Doge

Reactions: DaveG_NJ
Now is the time, to let someone new drive your Tesla.
Now is the time, to demonstrate FSD to someone new.
Now is the time, to tell your Tesla story.

Make no mistake, this war has only begun¡ the fossil fuel industry will fight back with tenacious ferocity. They fight dirty, and they are incredibly well armed. I do not subscribe to conspiracy theories, nor do I suffer naïveté. It falls to us to control the narrative, to tell our stories.

I love Elon, but think these calls will be overall improved by his absence. Drew and Zach are much better communicators. I'll miss the vision stuff he contributes is all.

They certainly are a lot more concise, and with any luck I won't have to listen to Elon ever again talking about the manufacturing S curve and how a single supplier out of ten thousand can bring the whole thing crashing down.

If Tesla doesn't have a small raft filled with people that can and want to be that COO / CEO to Elon's Product Architect / Lead Visionary / Chairman of the Board - then Elon is silently failing as a CEO in a way that we can't see. Succession planning is critical to CEO performance (at least to me, for the companies I invest in).

Elon can't hand off the Tesla CEO reins fast enough. He's just making sure he's found the right replacement before officially stepping aside. Also, his ridiculous stock option package might have something to do with that. Anyone check to see when he'll reap the maximum payout?

You want honesty....you get honesty with Elon.

Exactly! And I don't blame him for repeating how difficult manufacturing is so many times because most people still don't get it. That much is obvious when I read so many helpful suggestions like, "Why don't they just build this or that". Honestly, I'm convinced most people still think you just make a decree, push a couple of buttons, make some cash available, send a few e-mails and, a few months later, cars start streaming off a production line somewhere behind the curtain. You don't have to hire or train anyone, no need to order or modify production equipment, no specifying of parts needed from suppliers, no coordination between various teams, no testing and validation of interoperability, no safety testing, no government regs, no operability testing etc. etc. etc. Because you already have people for that, right? They are probably sitting behind that same curtain playing solitaire just waiting for a little light to illuminate before they put their vast skillset to work. Most people STILL have no idea what Team Tesla has accomplished.

Elon just explicitly dismissed building a fab as a fix to this issue- maybe he's reading this thread in between sentences.

He didn't dismiss it very effectively, at least not to my ear. He hates not being in charge of the chip supply almost as much as battery supply but, to do this efficiently, it would have to also supply chips to others. In chipmaking the three most important things are volume, volume and volume. And that's the stumbling block (besides it being another huge undertaking). But, yeah, part of him wants to show us how it's done. ;)

CNBC is gonna love to talk about the chip shortage but after Elon ended his 10 min long monologue of all the issues Tesla is facing, Zach clearly stated/reiterated they expect the majority of their sales for 2021 in the 2nd half of the year.

Given there's been no reports of downtime at Fremont this month and in all of the Wu Wan videos from Giga China throughout July which show clear expansion of production, I still think 230-240k for Q3 and 250-275k for Q4 is very likely. Which given what Tesla just did earnings wise on 201k deliveries with a negative margin S......gonna be a lot of crow eating from a lot of analysts unless they significantly raise their EPS estimates.