Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla, TSLA & the Investment World: the Perpetual Investors' Roundtable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Screen Shot 2021-08-19 at 7.02.52 PM.png

The Tesla Fremont Temp Lot has approx. 450 Model S representing $45M in revenue. Hoping Tesla gets this sorted by end of Q3.

Edit. My math sucks as noted by @MP3Mike. Changed it.

Last edited:
IDRA and its parent L.K. Tehnology are distinctly NOT ' a one trick pony'. Check their customer list and product range. They do deal in casting machines, but are a major player in every category and dominant in a few. Here are the links:

Tesla would be ill advised to buy either, if they could, because they supply a huge customer base that might not want to buy from Tesla.
As for Boston Dynamics that would not happen even if it could. They have a quite distinct niche, and Hyundai Group is already a wide ranging robotics player.
Tesla could never buy them, even if it wanted too, unless Tesla wants to be a conglomerate.

Thank you!

Even if they could, I don’t think Tesla should corner the market on gigapresses. They can try to place an order for as many gigapresses as IDRA can produce, sure. But if more auto companies adopt large castings for their EVs, I’m good with that. I think we need more some decent alternatives on the market! (I doubt we’ll see other big castings any time soon, but I wouldn’t want to rule it out.)

If he’s anything like me he has far more SC credits than he can use. They expire after 6 months. Seems a bit unfair actually (as a consumer)…I have free lifetime SC on my X; though as an investor I’m happy we’re selling every car despite a fairly insignificant perk.

Unlike the solar referral which is cold hard cash. I’ve gotten $4,800 cash for solar and powerwall referrals (though I always offer to give half of my referral cash to the buyer as I feel it’s unfairly biased to the the referrer; nobody has taken me up on that) they’re unanimously pleased with the purchase prices and products…less so with the wait times and customer service.

How long did the solar referral check get to you? I have one thru my friend but it's been about 3 months since it's been installed and running and still no check or credit that I see in my Tesla account.

Reactions: FireMedic
View attachment 698819

The Tesla Fremont Temp Lot has approx. 450 Model S representing $450M in revenue. Hoping Tesla gets this sorted by end of Q3.
Um, what? o_O
  1. Since when does a Model S cost $1,000,000? (I certainly haven't seen a ~700% price increase.)
  2. You don't know that those are complete functional cars. (They could be without battery/powertrain.)
If they were all complete Model S Plaids with upgraded wheels/paint it would be closer to $61M in revenue...

I suspect we are a year or two away from wide release of FSD for city streets anyway, but I wonder if this NHTSA situation won’t have the affect of halting limited beta testing and setting it even further back to 3 or 4 years away. That would be ugly for stock price.

just speculation of course but I’m thinkin “2 weeks” might become two years or more if it isn’t already.

I suspect we are a year or two away from wide release of FSD for city streets anyway, but I wonder if this NHTSA situation won’t have the affect of halting limited beta testing and setting it even further back to 3 or 4 years away. That would be ugly for stock price.

just speculation of course but I’m thinkin “2 weeks” might become two years or more if it isn’t already.

It doesn't work that way. NHTSA investigation is for the commercially released standard Autopilot and Cruise Control. It will have zero impact on Tesla doing FSD beta.

Also.....you're way off on your FSD city streets wide release.......way off. Even if the NHTSA's investigation results did restrict Tesla's ability to continue with FSD beta (which again, it won't), guaranteed it will be at least 6 months before the NHTSA makes a suggestions for Tesla to follow. FSD city street wide release will happen before that.

After the article...

"Renault forecasts its car production could be down by about 100,000 this year"​

So the chip shortage has done more to reduce carbon emissions in the EU than their carbon trading scheme. Hmm... maybe just implement a every-decreasing production cap for ICE (and a consumption cap for coal/oil/gas).

Cheers!

And to think some people said that the stock wouldn't be more stable post inclusion. We have been darn close to $695 for months. 😐

Other than the big runup beginning in 2019 that was long over-due, I can't see that entry into S&P 500 made TSLA any more "stable". Remember, a $20 move post-split (now) would have been a $100 move pre-split. S&P 500 inclusion has done nothing to reduce volatility but, as predicted, as a public company's capitalization grows into the mega-cap territory it would be expected to have decreasing volatility. That's due to the company developing more reliable income streams, not anything to do with whether it's in any particular index. The arrow points to approx. S&P inclusion on December 21st.

1629416443652.png

Here's the same chart graphed using log price scale which is probably a better way to view volatility:

1629417369041.png

Last edited:
How long did the solar referral check get to you? I have one thru my friend but it's been about 3 months since it's been installed and running and still no check or credit that I see in my Tesla account.
They don’t send the check until their electricity company approves the install and turns them on. Then it take a month or so.

you should be able to see the progress in your loot box. It has the details of the transaction there.

• Informative
Reactions: ninpb
This music stands in stark contrast to the Beethoven we get on the earnings calls 😂

I've got my popcorn and dictionary ready. I should have done a bit more homework to understand the more technical details.
I suspect if they played this music on the earnings call, every professional analyst would complain that the music shows Tesla isn't a serious company.