Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla, TSLA & the Investment World: the Perpetual Investors' Roundtable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Elon always strives for more. As the march of the 9's continues.

Advanced deep neural nets NOT needed to predict this article:

Screen Shot 2021-08-23 at 4.09.45 PM.png

Zé says Kolodny's journalistic integrity is 'not great'.

9:1 stock split? Isn’t that a bit extreme?
Speculation is fun.
No way Musk has time to pleasure read so this must be about another stock split.

Speculation time. If this is about a stock split then the year 1910 could refer to a 19:10 or 1.9:1 stock split. Isn’t 1.9:1 what people here have said is the most TSLA can split without shareholder approval? I guess the tweet time of 1:10pm could be October 1. So after the close of market on Friday October 1, Tesla releases blowout 3q numbers and a 1.9:1 stock split!

Speculation is fun.

Speculation time. If this is about a stock split then the year 1910 could refer to a 19:10 or 1.9:1 stock split. Isn’t 1.9:1 what people here have said is the most TSLA can split without shareholder approval? I guess the tweet time of 1:10pm could be October 1. So after the close of market on Friday October 1, Tesla releases blowout 3q numbers and a 1.9:1 stock split!
I think it is just marching 9s which is a reliability task for FSD and other risk involved activities.

now : "Tesla is small and will be destroyed by the competition!"

in a year or two : "How are the other automakers supposed to compete with a technology behemoth like Tesla?"
A year or two? I bet that discussion came up at the White House UAW extravaganza. “Joe, can you slow Tesla down and give us union guys a chance? They’re killing us.”

15,000 Ct produced next year would be seen as a massive failure.

Its also very unlikely to happen but still.
Tesla has had the last "bet the company production hell".

But not necessarily the last "production hell".

Any new product ramp can always take longer and experience more problems than we expect, but sooner or later all problems are solved and production runs smoothly..

It is important to not be too optimistic prior to the production ramp, and not be too pessimistic during the production ramp..

Tesla has had the last "bet the company production hell".

But not necessarily the last "production hell".

Any new product ramp can always take longer and experience more problems than we expect, but sooner or later all problems are solved and production runs smoothly..

It is important to not be too optimistic prior to the production ramp, and not be too pessimistic during the production ramp..
True. I don’t think we ever learned what happened with the S/X refresh, but the CT is waaay more different than that. Plus in a new Giga to boot. Challenging for sure.

Apparently, Cramer will not buy a Cybertruck, nor many other seniors. However, there may be a huge crop of younger people who might never before have considered buying a pickup truck, yet could eventually flood the world with Cybertrucks. :cool:

Cramer might not buy it but one million reservation holders might​

Some demographics.
  1. Me. Older guy. Car enthusiast. Plaid + order now Plaid. Owned 2009 GTR. Took classes with Audi instructors in a R8 V10 on the Fontana track. Did some other fun things on various closed circuits. Had a slightly customized M45. Never ever bought or wanted a truck. Thought CT was the ugliest vehicle on the planet on reveal day. Have 3 CT reservations. Dream is to sleep while driving in-route to fun and enjoying the day. Repeat.
  2. Friend. 10 year younger female. Super fashionable lady. Latest trends. Drives a Lexus. Wants a CT. Can’t explain why other than ‘why not’?
  3. Friend. 20 year younger male. Doctor. Well off. Drives an S class. MS not ‘refined’ enough for him. Reserved tri-motor CT.
  4. My kids. 30 year younger males. Love my S. Love the 3. Hate our X. Hate the Y. Love the CT.
Not a bad cross section. And easily represents many in my circle of family, friends and acquaintances.

No question this thing will have monsterous sales.

Cramer has been a tired joke for a long time……

Some demographics.
  1. Me. Older guy. Car enthusiast. Plaid + order now Plaid. Owned 2009 GTR. Took classes with Audi instructors in a R8 V10 on the Fontana track. Did some other fun things on various closed circuits. Had a slightly customized M45. Never ever bought or wanted a truck. Thought CT was the ugliest vehicle on the planet on reveal day. Have 3 CT reservations. Dream is to sleep while driving in-route to fun and enjoying the day. Repeat.
  2. Friend. 10 year younger female. Super fashionable lady. Latest trends. Drives a Lexus. Wants a CT. Can’t explain why other than ‘why not’?
  3. Friend. 20 year younger male. Doctor. Well off. Drives an S class. MS not ‘refined’ enough for him. Reserved tri-motor CT.
  4. My kids. 30 year younger males. Love my S. Love the 3. Hate our X. Hate the Y. Love the CT.
Not a bad cross section. And easily represents many in my circle of family, friends and acquaintances.

No question this thing will have monsterous sales.

Cramer has been a tired joke for a long time……
I love my 3, love the X, love the S, and the Y is ok. I have a CT and a X on order. Curious, what do your kids hate about the X? Do they have kids of their own?

Reactions: FireMedic
We heard recent comments that Shanghai was reaching 1k model Y/day - however the July numbers show the average was closer to 500/day. Hopefully the step-up is sustained and we see 20k+ model Y's produced monthly from now on.

The Model Y step-change in production at Giga Shanghai occurred after a 4-day shutdown sometime in August. Obviously, July production numbers (released by GASGOO on Aug 23) are not affected. I expect about 41.9K production for August, but we won't know the numbers until about Sep 27. Further, I expect up to 50K from Shanghai in September, but again we won't have GASGOO numbers until well after Tesla reports Q3 P&D.

I really don't think Elon is referencing a stock split, but when one is announced I expect it to fall in the 7:1 to 10:1 range. With 10:1 being more likely than lower.

I feel if another split happens soon it will be a 2:1, or at most a 5:1 split.

But hey, any split at all would be welcome as it would make doing covered call spreads easier for me.

Elon Musk on Twitter: "Nine rings for mortal men" / Twitter

Obviously, this can lower or even outweigh potential returns:
  • #1 Toyota Motor Corp. (TM)
  • #2 Volkswagen AG (VWAGY)
  • #3 Daimler AG (DMLRY)
  • #4 Ford Motor Co. (F)
  • #5 Honda Motor Co. Ltd. (HMC)
  • #6 Bayerische Motoren Werke AG (BMWYY)
  • #7 General Motors Co. (GM)
  • #8 Fiat Chrysler Automobiles NV (FCAU)
  • #9 Hyundai Motor Co. (HYMTF)
However, I still recommend the classics:

"Watch ye therefore: for ye know not when the master of the house cometh, at evening, or at midnight, or at the cockcrowing, or in the morning."​

Cheers!

Not sure if this is a re-post. Interesting thread by Mayur Thaker about Tesla’s FCF and it becoming a “problem”.

Stock grants to employees are routinely offset by several firms by buying back equivalent amount of shares. I'd like see this continuous dilution stopped. This is anyway expensed in the gaap reporting.

Of course the dilution from Elon's option comp cannot be offset, but that's fine. His comp is always structured such that we might have Tesla at 10 trillion by the time he realizes all the tranches of his next award, and I can live with the dilution associated with that.

If CyberTruck is as successful as I believe it will be, Tesla might well be exiting 2024 at a monthly production rate of 80,000.... assuming the batteries have been found :p.

All right, maybe that a little aggressive. Ask TeslaBot, he would know!

Speaking of which, what pronoun are we going to use for TeslaBot? I want to know from now so we can get their room ready.
I just assumed I'd be referring to them as "My Robot Overlords".