Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla, TSLA & the Investment World: the Perpetual Investors' Roundtable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Well yes, that is the whole point - lack of permits, delay of permits, for the most ridiculous reasons, from day one (starting with not bring allowed to disturb the poor sleeping bats or wandering fire ants) up to present. Of course German companies and workers are able to build things speedily and well, but the byzantine regulations and procedures slow everything down needlessly, much more so than is the case for Texas.
Nevermind that no one knows if permit delays or any issues with swamp animals had any impact on Tesla's timeline whatsoever. I still hold that political maneuvering of their domestic subsidies to favor VW pissed off Elon and he pumped the brakes.

Edit: Which is just about the same thing I guess.

Last edited:
So I keep seeing people saying Austin is ahead of Berlin. I just cant grasp why. Can someone help with this. Berlin has been nearly fully enclosed for what seems like 6 months. Now I understand the red tape is harder to get around in Germany. Has it stopped equipment from getting installed? Has the equipment been installed, but not tested because no permit yet? Yes we see Austin more active now, but that is because we can see more outside work going on. I will say it does seem that Austin is moving along outside paving more parking and logistics areas.

Remember, Austin GF is around 2x the size of Berlin.

The finished part of GF Austin is probably larger than Berlin, and they don’t need the Cybertruck areas fully finished yet.

Well yes, that is the whole point - lack of permits, delay of permits, for the most ridiculous reasons, from day one (starting with not being allowed to disturb the poor sleeping bats or wandering fire ants) up to present. Of course German companies and workers are able to build things speedily and well, but the German/EU byzantine regulations and procedures slow everything down needlessly, much more so than is the case for Texas.
The animal issues are pure subterfuge in my opinion, there are strong incentives to delay the ev leader.

Remember, Austin GF is around 2x the size of Berlin.

The finished part of GF Austin is probably larger than Berlin, and they don’t need the Cybertruck areas fully finished yet.
I am aware of that. Maybe question should be why do we think Berlin isnt ready to start production. Keep in mind permission to run equipment and start producing isnt the same as the stuff isnt installed, prepared, tested and ready. All of that could be done, but Tesla simply not legally allowed to start. I dont watch the Berlin videos much any more because they are boring because so much of the interesting stuff outside is done. Really it looks like only drainage and pavement needs to be done. Of course new buildings under construction, but they arent needed to start.

Keep in mind permission to run equipment and start producing isnt the same as the stuff isnt installed, prepared, tested and ready. All of that could be done, but Tesla simply not legally allowed to start.
My understanding is that they haven't even been allowed to test/calibrate any of the equipment that has been installed. (Well I sort of recall them getting a permit to start testing the paint shop equipment recently.) For example, I don't think that the GigaPresses have be turned on and calibrated/tested yet. (And from watching GigaTexas it looks like it took about a month to get them dialed in.)

Bullish sign....except for $TSLAQ:

1631562573768.png

How so? The proposed tax credit that includes $4500 for union built cars. Now I disagree with this, but can someone point out what GM, Ford and other manufacturers EV cars that are built in union plants. Believe the F150L will be, what others? Any of them plan volume production anytime soon?

What EVs are made in the US at union plants?

I sent the following as emails to those who represent me in Congress and to the White House. You may want to do the same:

I strongly support the expansion of consumer tax credits for purchasing American electric (not hybrid) vehicles, due to air quality and safety concerns. However, the government shouldn’t offer an additional incentive to consumers who buy from companies with unions. Workers choose whether to join a union. A company and its customers have no say. The ideal is to not need a union. American-made, great, but unionization should be irrelevant in this case.

From Friday's sharp down close, today @9:48 AM down -14 or -1.9% - thrills never cease - prepping for a 700 Friday close ? - or (you name it)

View attachment 708793

End of day: it *was* some heavy manipulation as some of our TMC members said - making waves as usual, shaking the tree - small investors who don't know better get caught, the big houses win. Looking forward to TMC's Papafox clarifications

FIN.TSLA.chart.210913.jpg

Bought some January 2024 TSLA leaps
Damnit! I forgot they came out. Ah well.

Bought some 9/17 $740c @ $5.50 and closed it out at $13, also some 9/17 $750c @ $3.50 and closed out at $8.

We won't be discussing the large quantities of 9/17 $770c and $780c I rage-purchased last Friday afternoon. Lets just hope I'm a bit in the green after today. :)

End of day: it *was* some heavy manipulation as some of our TMC members said - making waves as usual, shaking the tree - small investors who don't know better get caught, the big houses win. Looking forward to TMC's Papafox clarifications

View attachment 708946
What a ridiculous chart. I'm pretty sure the SEC isn't supposed to let $750B companies get pushed around 5% in both directions in the same day!

My understanding is that they haven't even been allowed to test/calibrate any of the equipment that has been installed. (Well I sort of recall them getting a permit to start testing the paint shop equipment recently.) For example, I don't think that the GigaPresses have be turned on and calibrated/tested yet. (And from watching GigaTexas it looks like it took about a month to get them dialed in.)

There was this German court ruling in mid-July which seems to allow Tesla to at least conduct testing on its installed equipment:

"The approval allows the testing of already installed systems and aggregates of the operating units foundry, paint shop and body shop as well as the installation and use of tanks for rinsing and test purposes before the approval of the overall project is granted."​
More coverage here from teslarati.com​

Last edited: