Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla, TSLA & the Investment World: the Perpetual Investors' Roundtable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
This post just fired up a bunch of thought experiments.

Here is one.

1634932782345.jpeg

Today has been the most interesting day thus far this year, in pecuniary terms. Who knows what will happen next. It is odd to think of this, regardless. The real question now is whether our euphoria is justified.

In my personal view this day is different from most preceding days. We now have proof of the sustainable volume of innovation at TSLA in manufacturing technology as well as all the other advantages we know.
Thus, my continuing position is that TSLA meets Ben Graham's principles when we account for manufacturing prowess.

Of course the price will fluctuate. On this ATH intraday and close I reiterate my basic continuing buy and hold, eschewing any fancy footwork.

Anyone, even idiots and jerks, can own Tesla stock, and that's great! The more the merrier!

But when one of those idiots tries to position himself as an authority, and build a following and a brand out of that position, that's when i call them out, as i'm doing here. I'm not going to look the other way just because they own the same stock i own. Dude's a clown, and listening to him actively makes people dumber. I will always urge people to seek out valuable / intelligent / reliable sources of information, and to avoid snake oil salesmen.

Part of being successful means you will inevitably attract people who want to glom on to that success and spin that for their own benefit. They harm the mission long-term, in my opinion.

I get why he's pushing your buttons and it's a fair point.

Reactions: Favguy and Pezpunk
Indeed, even the most bullish of us had not dared hope in 2019 that we would be here at $4500 presplit by 2021. Sometimes, mindbogglingly wonderful things happen to the well-prepared Tesla investor. At the darkest days of March 2020 I did not expect TSLA to go to the moon before the end of the year, but I thought it wise to prepare for a best-case scenario by at least buying two 3x out of the money March 2021 calls for a bit of my winnings of the early 2020 runup. Amazingly those two ended up going well over 100x each, worth a good number of annual incomes, life-changing really. Wild success is possible only if you've positioned yourself to take advantage of it.
I disagree. @jhm came up with the blind faith price targets circa 2015 when Elon’s stock comp plan was put into effect. We used to dream of lofty price valuations based on his milestones and jhm’s calculations back then.

If we are serious about that I suggest starting with this:

In 1841 these idiocies were already well documented. It would be good to figure out hw mankind has changed, if indeed it has,
Purchased

Reactions: wtlloyd