Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla, TSLA & the Investment World: the Perpetual Investors' Roundtable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Robotics is honestly where the biggest possible market out of all of these exists. By far. This is where most revenue growth will occur after ~2033. If Tesla can leverage it's existing skills to become the dominant player in this market.... hoo boy
The robotics market as it currently exists is not very large. It is populated with companies that have minor knowledge about how to make useful products. Capable companies in other industries such as Google have had grand ambitions, but thrown in the towel on robotics. Boston Dynamics has had a handful of owners who have become disillusioned about making this business work.

Tesla has a lot of strengths in creating markets, so I don't mean to be entirely negative. But at this point as an investor, it's just an interesting option. One of many.

tumblr_mirfg8qF351r6e9hpo1_500.gif

My friend who bought at 850 and sold at 550 just texted me to go play tennis, to be calm and hide my excitation from TSLA will be as hard as hiding I am doing the Santa Claus every Christmas in front of my kids

If you take him up on it, I would guess that he whoops your ass, no contest! He needs to prove that he can outdo you at something real, none of this stock-picking pussy-footing around, he wants to show you up at a real sport. But if you play it right, you can use his need for revenge against him. But you have to really WANT to win. That could be hard to pull together at a time like this.

My friend who bought at 850 and sold at 550 just texted me to go play tennis, to be calm and hide my excitation from TSLA will be as hard as hiding I am doing the Santa Claus every Christmas in front of my kids
You should bring him a box of Kleenex as a gift for his paper hands.

Man that is insane selling like that when all he had to do was HODL.

To buy back at $400 he said

seems like he is going to buy back at 1071
My brother is down to just 3 TSLA chairs. He introduced me to TMC years ago, taught me the basics, but it wasn't in his DNA to HODL. (He's also waiting for the dip and lost most on Calls in the past.) This year, he paid cash for two Model 3's to rent on Turo, then the Tesla Network when FSD is allowed. We'll see how that investment pays off but it reminds me of the stories read here where "if you had invested in TSLA instead of your Model ____...." Oh Bob.

Meanwhile, I've been stuck at an even share count since 2 weeks ago, and cannot sell for medical reasons. I've had a serious case of "The Evens" my whole life.

Craig Johnson is the Piper Sandler technical market strategist who inspired my first purshase of TSLA in early 2013. Here is what he wrote this morning:

Tesla Inc (TSLA - $1024.86); Shares have cleared resistance stemming off the January ‘21 highs (near $883); above the rising 10-/30-week WMAs; RS has climbed back into positive territory and is confirming the breakout; notable TechniGrade ranking; use pullbacks as buying opportunities.

The robotics market as it currently exists is not very large. It is populated with companies that have minor knowledge about how to make useful products. Capable companies in other industries such as Google have had grand ambitions, but thrown in the towel on robotics. Boston Dynamics has had a handful of owners who have become disillusioned about making this business work.

Tesla has a lot of strengths in creating markets, so I don't mean to be entirely negative. But at this point as an investor, it's just an interesting option. One of many.
Is there ever sunshine where you live?