Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla, TSLA & the Investment World: the Perpetual Investors' Roundtable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
AHs still at it. Let's keep the market open a little late today. ;)
I am only amused if MMs are getting blown up. They are getting blown up right?
We are on the receiving end of the lump in the toothpaste. Presumably, the MMs are currently holding the smooshed end.

Anyone else here feel a tad uneasy having a considerable portion of their net worth tied up in a company controlled by a 50 year old adolescent?
Actually, I'm a lot more concerned that something happens to him (crashes driving a plaid, pancreatic cancer, whatever!). Although Apple moved on w/o Steve Jobs (before he came back), it wasn't pretty for a while there, and Elon is certainly part of the Tesla magic/mystique.

Last edited:
I am not talking about people cancelling and reordering. I am talking about you get a call from your advisor to schedule the delivery for say December 15th. You say no I want to wait until January 2nd.

Tesla can do 3 things I believe.
1. Tesla says OK we will hold the car for you until January 2nd.
2. Tell you if you dont take delivery now then cars goes to next person with that configuration and we will update your account with next expected delivery date.
3. Tesla says if you dont take it now then you wont get the price on your original order. You will get the new prices and we will update your account with next expected delivery date.

Option 1. Tesla has good will, but takes a hit on Q4 deliveries financials.
Option 2. Tesla gets hit in the press for not being good with customers and customers may get pissed
Option 3. Tesla gets hit in the press for not being good with customers and customers will get pissed
I just don't agree with your take. Agree to disagree

Thanks for such a considered reply- I’ve just cut and pasted it to my son who is a first year engineering undergraduate who has just been puzzled by other students who just coast through doing and learning very little. He was starting to wonder if applying himself was the best thing to do! I was saying the same as you but I’m not an engineer. So thank you.

Shooting up during closing cross. So fun to watch...even though I may lose some CC's this week...don't care...HODL shares are up so much it is dizzying.

Resistance is $1080, hope we can get above that tomorrow!

Just read this and thought it was for today (Fri) - aged well :).

Then I read the second paragraph and realized I still have a day´s worth of posts to read... gotta work overtime again 😂.

BTW, what is the next resistance level :rolleyes:?

I wasn't aware Elon said that... Wouldn't "Vehicle to Powerwall" potentially be a lifesaver in situations like @sroh 's though?

...vastly extending the useable stored power in an extended emergency, if not vastly increasing the utility of the Powerwall..

That would be ideal for now. Maybe I only have 1 powerwall or 2 powerwalls and can backup for 1-3 days on that. But a car could extend it if needed. As long as setting that up costs less than adding a 2nd powerwall.

Of course as powerwalls get cheaper it'll eventually be a no brainer to just get a 2nd or 3rd powerwall and not bother to plug the car into the chain.

Reactions: UncaNed
The fact is that for them to be viable with EV's, they HAVE to have this EV credit. They can't even remotely compete with Tesla on pricing, it would bankrupt them much faster than them just taking the approach of "We think EV's are just a fad" and running ICE into the ground.

The best thing at this point would be for ICE makers to go bankrupt sooner rather than later. The longer they can keep their heads above water, the more brand new ICE vehicles they will put o the road. And the subsidized EV sales will ensure they can sell as many brand new polluting vehicles as they like without having to pay fines by buying emissions credits.

The government subsidies do not play well together with limits on emissions and the emissions credits scheme. The current bill is dysfunctional in terms of how automakers were being incentivized to make the transition sooner. It's government created chaos and legacy auto is loving every minute of it. Sometimes you have to stop and look at the big picture.

TSLA had the best performance for the week and the month in the S&P500

Capture.PNG

Actually, I'm a lot more concerned that something happens to him (crashes driving a plaid, pancreatic cancer, whatever!). Although Apply moved on w/ Steve Jobs, it wasn't pretty for a while there, and Elon is certainly part of the Tesla magic/mystique.

'Apply' is a good freudian slip since that's all they've done since 'innovate' left.

I am not talking about people cancelling and reordering. I am talking about you get a call from your advisor to schedule the delivery for say December 15th. You say no I want to wait until January 2nd.

Tesla can do 3 things I believe.
1. Tesla says OK we will hold the car for you until January 2nd.
2. Tell you if you dont take delivery now then cars goes to next person with that configuration and we will update your account with next expected delivery date.
3. Tesla says if you dont take it now then you wont get the price on your original order. You will get the new prices and we will update your account with next expected delivery date.

Option 1. Tesla has good will, but takes a hit on Q4 deliveries financials.
Option 2. Tesla gets hit in the press for not being good with customers and customers may get pissed
Option 3. Tesla gets hit in the press for not being good with customers and customers will get pissed
or Tesla could ship those cars to Europe? Make the sale and make everyone happy(er)

Anyone else here feel a tad uneasy having a considerable portion of their net worth tied up in a company controlled by a 50 year old adolescent?

Nope. 40 year old adolescent YOLO family future into 50 year old adolescent who is ahead of me is on brand.

LOVE how Elon DGAF about wokeness and says what everyone knows is funny but too scared to admit. That's what FU money does for someone.

Cheers Elon!