Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla, TSLA & the Investment World: the Perpetual Investors' Roundtable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
So how long before it gets revoked or watered down because it costs too much?
If Tesla sells 20 million cars in 2030, let’s say that is 5 million in the US. At 9K subsidy, that’s 45 billion in US yearly subsidy for Tesla cars.

Exactly. The 2030 end date is just ignorant thinking by a bunch of misinformed politicians. The bill is poorly thought out and any incoming congress can revoke it at any time. It's total madness!

Anyone else here feel a tad uneasy having a considerable portion of their net worth tied up in a company controlled by a 50 year old adolescent?

Nope. It's funny in a non-judgmental way. The only reason it seems off-color is because people have been programmed to care about stuff they shouldn't care about.

And I suspect that is why Elon likes jokes like that - it's making fun of a bunch of people that are uptight without any good reason.

TSLA just went super saiyan.

super-saiyan-100.jpg

I'd assume there are people waiting who would take their place if offered.
You know what they say about assumptions?

Now my sister for instance has mid January timeframe for her Y delivery. They call her and tell her that she can take delivery in December she will say no thanks. Honestly $8K is something she doesnt just want to give up. I doubt she would be the only person that says nope, I will wait.

• Informative
Reactions: wtlloyd and AZRI11
or Tesla could ship those cars to Europe? Make the sale and make everyone happy(er)
True, but they need to start immediately and get the cars to port in San Francisco and ship them ASAP to get them to Europe before end of quarter. Thing is the cars built in Fremont in December wont make it to Europe in time. Some can go to Canada. Model 3s can go to Hertz. Tesla would also have to start adjusting delivery dates for people expecting in November and December. Maybe even pre-emptively calling people and asking them if they want to wait. Of course that risks informing people that werent aware of the tax credit of the tax credit and causing even more people to push back delivery. Not an easy challenge if you ask me.

100% convinced this amazing reaction to the earnings was because Elon wasn't there to add any ambiguity to Zach's stone cold killer approach.

Analyst on conference call: Elon! Congratulations on 1 tril market cap, overcoming supply chain shortages, history this, history that!!!

Elon: Let me tell you how we almost died. Cars are hard. We managed to not go bankrupt.

Those are only his Earth years
I put all my money in tsla since may 2013 because of Elon. I believe in his genuine,sincere and honesty . Him and his team of engineering genius make this planet a better place. Call me cult or fanboy all you want, but we’re both retired since last year because of him. Thank you Elon and Tesla.