Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla, TSLA & the Investment World: the Perpetual Investors' Roundtable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
"GAMMASPLODES". A new word to me, and I like the sound of it!

Edit: SP Is Gammasploding atm
These gammasplosions keep pulling me out of my crypt to decide whether i should take some profits. Probably going back to playing dead.

18990DB9-7FB9-4013-B1BC-9D0CE013E6F6.jpeg

n. A derogatory term used for investors that actually...invest. Opposite of the highly intelligent, civilized, and evolved trader species.
Wrong, it's not derogatory. Where did you get this idea from?? Apes is literally referring to themselves, those of wallstreetbets. Smooth brained?

Wrong, it's not derogatory. Where did you get this idea from?? Apes is literally referring to themselves, those of wallstreetbets. Smooth brained?

Hear me out now.
An idea just formed (or fermented) in my head:
What if Elon spun off yet another enterprise, in market brokerage, and called it ...

wait for it ...

Ape-X

That would be the peak.

I'm not the person you asked, but after doing the research I personally decided against an SBLOC because the loan can be called in at any time, for any reason, and my pledged shares can be sold off to meet the obligation. Regardless of how low I think the risk of such an event may be, I am not comfortable with giving anyone the power to take my shares from me.

im struggling with this same decision.

gives them just too much control over the situation if the stock price heads south for whatever reason.
they can hike the rates, hike the margin requirement, call in$ or liquidate shares to satisfy the increased requirements, even apply an exposure fee if you’re concentrated in tsla - (the last two depending on your brokers treatment). if the stock goes down enough, and even if you only borrowed 30% of what is ‘available’, and they start tinkering with each of those levers, that loan (thus some of my shares) can be in jeopardy pretty quick

Last edited:

I wasn't referring to the WSB self-deprecating lingo...more how it came across in usage yesterday by a certain poster. I could go back and analyze said poster's messages to determine if I misunderstood...but I'd rather not...

im struggling with this same decision.

gives them just too much control over the situation if the stock price heads south for whatever reason.
they can hike the rates, hike the margin requirement, call or liquidate shares to satisfy the increased requirements could apply an exposure fee (last two depending on broker treatment). if the stocks goes down a bunch, and even if you only borrowed 30% of what is ‘available’, and they start tinkering with each of those levers, that loan (thus some of my shares) can be in jeopardy pretty quick
Seems to be one of those "risks" we dare seldom speak of ...

• Helpful
Reactions: Boomer19