Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla, TSLA & the Investment World: the Perpetual Investors' Roundtable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Unless I am missing something it looks like all of the forms, from 11/8 to 11/10, only covers ~4.5 million shares sold. Does that mean that there are ~12 million more shares to be sold?
Do we know if these forms also report block sales to institutional investors? 4.5M might be what is needed to dump onto the open market while the rest were sold at an negotiated price like an offering?

Last year: “People are loyal to Ford/ GM/ Ram/ VW/ BMW/ Toyota”.

This year: “Everyone wants a Tesla”.

Seems like 2021 is the year everyone realized that they should buy an EV and started getting serious about buying a Tesla. Never seen such a plain and obvious inflection or paradigm shift in my life. Even the iPhone/ smartphone switch was more subtle than this.
The supply chain problem resulted in legacy auto manufacturers with huge delays and lower inventory. So dealers did what they do best and added "market adjustments" to MSRP. So now, very few cars at higher prices and even though the supply chain backlog is easing, making more money for fewer cars was too tempting for traditional auto manufacturers. So the non tesla shopper can now actually consider a tesla for their car purchase. A purchase which will last for five to ten years.

More are being filed. IR site updated. covers 3 days. question is if more are still to come....

I don't think so. The one for the 8th said 2 forms, the one for the 9th said 5 forms, the one for the 10th said 3 forms. All accounted for.

No more to come until Friday. (Assuming that he continues to sell the remaining ~12 million shares on Thursday and Friday.)

Hmm so there seemed to have been some light selling pre market this AM. That was when we saw some crazy price movements of 10 bucks at a time. Then I see pretty significant sales on the run up where Tesla became green. This level of selling is not much different than when Tesla crashed on Tuesday. I am wondering if there were selling from institutional investors as well when Elon was selling. The institutional investors probably bought Elon's shares for cheap and then just dumped some on the open market for a quick buck. Because why would we take such an elevator down yesterday but not so much today when Elon was heavily selling after Tesla turned green?

The fact that you’re still with us shows that your risk management was stress tested and stood up to such test. Not everybody’s did. I learned a lot over these past days and will get to continue on the journey also. Good luck…
I started with 40% OTM big position strangles laddering into smaller positions till 20% OTM. Then sold 2 Puts and Covered calls 10% OTM at the drop to learn to manage a losing position. Rolled the 995 12/11 put contracts to 845 26/11 for the same price. I have managed to not lose any money in my first 2 weeks of options trading and learned to roll an almost ITM position. I’m more happy to have managed not to lose anything than the 30k I made over my 2 weeks of learning my way into options. I’m not there to make a killing into options, I’m just there to understand what are options, what are the dangers and teach those to my kids one day when they join Wallstreetbets to prevent them from YOLOing their life savings with the next level degenerates. I am here to learn from others past experience and to learn a new skill every year for the rest of my life. If it’s fun, there is a safe way to do it and the extra income makes my wife happy, why not let her plow in 400k in renovations in our house with a big options smile 😊 . She was going to do it anyway. I’m just smiling more. Stay safe and have fun everyone.

Last edited: